Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Abyss

KHDays Why is Days generally disliked?

I guess I was the only one stuck with the infernal engine xD That's because I was new. Leechgrave was another pain in the butt ._.

The only thing that pulled it down were yeah, the graphics but also how everytime, Roxas summoned his keyblade in a cutscene or an event, it only appeared to be the kingdom key >_< Besides from that, all awesome 8D

Ehh I had a couple a problems with the game myself

>The panel system felt limited.

> The missions were crazy repetitive

> The camera was worse than Kingdom Hearts

> I would have love to seen more interaction and backstories of the Organization members, but nope. It was all focused on Roxas, Axel, and Xion.

And then there's Xion. To be honest, when I first played Days I never found her annoying, but I hated the fact that she took the spotlight from Roxas's story and Roxas asking "where's Xion" constantly over and over was rather annoying. My feelings towards her are neutral, I don't hate her, but I don't like her either nor is she my favorite character.

Edited by Silent Maiden

Oooh, I feel like ranting about this so here goes:

• The game play was crazy repetitive and got really boring after a while.
Personally I found the repetitive mission structure pretty effective in conveying Roxas' life, even skipping months at a time it got dull, living it would have been a nightmare of inanity.
  • The normal heartless that spawned all over the place had WAY TOO MUCH HP. I mean seriously! In this game, I was lucky to find a heartless with less than one HP bar! Most had like 2, 3, or even 4! They took forever to kill, but if you moved them too far from their spawn point, they just go "lolno!" and disappear, forcing you to fight them back at full HP.
Honestly I found the heartless to easy because you could cast a simple magic on most of them to do way to much damage. At high enough levels you can one-shot bosses. As for thier respawn, yes that was badly designed, and for extra bosses it made me rage quit a couple of times.
  • The panel system got kinda annoying.
Me and the panels have a unique relationship. I am mildly neurotic, and had to have like things grouped, so I've spent days altogether rearranging my panels, making sure all my EXP boosters are together, similar magics are together and all magic is in one section, and all my abilities have their own section. So I hate it for how much 'game time' I spent rearranging my entire panel system because I have a better block. But the amount of customization was awesome, and was especially shined through when playing as other Organization members.
  • That one boss in Neverland. 'nuff said.
Yeah, Neverland is evil, but so was Atlantica in KH, and while the Ruler of the Sky is the worst boss ever, it hardly kills the game.
  • Oh, and Leechgrave. Don't forget Leechgrave. He can go...somewhere else.
Leechgrave is my bane. I've played Days all the way through twice. It wasn't until my second play through that I found out it would get disoriented if I removed the tentaclaws, so I considered myself lucky to take off two bars before it killed me. But once you realize how to beat it, it's not that hard.

And I kinda hate it how plots of disney worlds doesn't make any sense and it doesn't have any effect although you visit on them

The plots totally make sense, they just aren't as straightforward as most of the other games because of the time skips.

Beast's Castle- Beast is fighting Heartless, and with furvent intensity the closer they are to his rose. Xaldin messes with him, and the rest is in KHII.

Wonderland- Heartless are in Wonderland and the Queen of Hearts sends her soldiers to get rid of them without much success (I'm gonna say it's all because of Luxord, but I may be biased)

Neverland- Pete leaves a bunch of maps to nothing for Capt. Hook to find, and when his darkness grows it summons Heartless

The Coliseum- Phil is stupid and can't tell Roxas looks like Ven, otherwise it's just Roxas training and fighting Heartless

Twilight Town- Has basically no plot aside from your day off.

The lack of effect is a good point, but I don't think for the reason you think. The Organization's goal is to make sure Heartless spawn and are slain by the Keyblade. When someone (Xaldin) messes with a world's inhabitants (Beast) it's not under Organization XIII's directive. They don't need to stand up and gloat in front of everybody. Except that's totally the first thing they do in KHII, but that's one of my problems with KHII.

Story is most of time very boring rambling and everything intresting is stuffed on final 30 minutes.

The plot is slowly accelerating, so we have Xion lose to Riku and that's mst of the plot for the first third, the middle third is the three becoming friends, and Xion being different, the last third is where most everything happens, but only because it's feeding on itself, every action leads to escalation.

Game really doesn't explain what happened in organization, more like what happened to roxas

This complaint just doesn't make sense to me. Kingdom Hearts doesn't really explain what Mickey was doing, but it's not a bad game because of it. Days isn't about the Organization, it's about Roxas and Xion. The title 358 Days/2 is Roxas' year less 7days (365-7=358) in the Organization with 2 people, Roxas and Xion. Your complaint is that the game doesn't focus on the Organization, but it's not supposed to. That may be a more interesting game, but it's not what this one is about. I would prefer a game all about Luxord, but that's not this game, nor should I expect it to be, so I shouldn't complain about it not.

You could play as other org. members, but everyone felt kinda same.

The other members were best if you personalized, you could play them all the same, but you could also set them up to fight in a more accurate manner.

Days is an above average DS game

But a pretty abysmal KH game.

The story was terribly structured, and badly translated, Xion is pointless. Nothing is added to teh story, nothing is explained except for entirely new plot points that didn't need to exist in the first place.

I won't argue on story structure, not because I agree, but only because that's a very complicated issue, and the other areas I disagree are simpler. I don't mind people thinking Xion was pointless when playing Days before anything else had come out. While she is necessary for the plot, that was largely because the plot was set up to revolve around her, Roxas could have left the Organization for a different reason, and something else could have woken his dual-wielding abilities. But subsequent games have made it abundantly clear Xion is a major played in future events. And while there is nothing completely new added, it helps explain things like Axel's motivations, Xaldin's hanging out in Beast's Castle, Saïx and Axel's relationship, Saïx and Xemnas' relationship, the events of CoM, and the character of the Organization members, at least 6 of whom we know are still major players (Roxas, Xion, Axel/Lea, Xigbar, Xemnas, and Saïx/Isa)

The gameplay was a significant downgrade over all previous KHs, the panel system was incredibly limited, and made most magic pointless

I don't find it a signifigant downgrade, CoM is rock bottom. And I found the panel system liberating, with allits possibilities, my biggest problem is the one ring limit, because everyone in the Organization apparenltly only has 1 finger. I object to the magic set up in this game, it was a tremendous pain, and even with all magic enhancers available it's still limiting, but CoM had a similarly stupid mechanic, and it's not as universally hated.

The game wasn't well balanced for single player, despite the fact that it's impossible to play the single player IN multiplayer

I don't understand this sentence.

The bosses were pretty lame.

People complain about lame bosses and overly powered bosses. They can't both be true, and personally I found them weaker then I'd prefer, but that's why challenge mode exists. And the ability to de-level yourself.

The Disney was dramatically downplayed, to the point where the stories were completely pointless

In a story about a Kingdom Hearts-Original character surrounded by Kingdom Hearts-Original characters fighting Kingdom Hearts-Original enemies and living in a Kingdom Hearts-Original world, the effect Disney has should be expectedly mitigated.

The Organization was pushed to the sidelines in a game that was meant to be about the Organization.

This. Game. Is. Not. About. Organization. XIII. It. Is. About. Roxas. And. Xion.

For that matter, Axel, and even ROXAS get pushed aside for Xion

See above and that Xion is the catalyst for all that happens in Days, her presence helps define everything else, she doesn't push anyone out of the way, she just wasn't expected for those people who wanted a game about Roxas, Axel, or the rest of the Organization, and she takes screen time away from what they thought the game would be about.

No new enemies, just recolours of previous ones

Um... new enemies EVERYWHERE. If you mean it uses old forms and gives them new abilities and colors, then I point out all the dragon-type and Dual-Sword type.

Most of the game was skipped because Roxas decided to sleep for like a year.

People can't complain about the game being super boring and then complaining that they missed a bunch of time. I object to it because when I found out I got to play a year in Organization XIII I expect to play year, not like 6 months and the rest of it can just be skipped. I want more Luxord dialogue, not numbers spiraling past a black screen.

I'd just like to say I don't think Days is the best game, or that it doesn't have flaws, but it is pivotal to the series, and its plot and characterization always felt believable, if not what I necesarily wanted.

I'd just like to say I don't think Days is the best game, or that it doesn't have flaws, but it is pivotal to the series, and its plot and characterization always felt believable, if not what I necesarily wanted.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I thought the development of the characters was one of the best in the series. Some of the dialogue was very well written out, and the "Who else can I have ice cream with" line is so much deeper than it seems on the outset. In some ways, it truly is an amazing game. It just becomes so boring sometimes, and I felt like a seven-year-old could have coded the attack pattern for some of those bosses, especially the Neverland one. But Vector to the Heavens almost makes up for the entire rest of the game, because of how good it is.

But a pretty abysmal KH game.

The story was terribly structured, and badly translated, Xion is pointless. Nothing is added to teh story, nothing is explained except for entirely new plot points that didn't need to exist in the first place.

I won't argue on story structure, not because I agree, but only because that's a very complicated issue, and the other areas I disagree are simpler. I don't mind people thinking Xion was pointless when playing Days before anything else had come out. While she is necessary for the plot, that was largely because the plot was set up to revolve around her, Roxas could have left the Organization for a different reason, and something else could have woken his dual-wielding abilities. But subsequent games have made it abundantly clear Xion is a major played in future events. And while there is nothing completely new added, it helps explain things like Axel's motivations, Xaldin's hanging out in Beast's Castle, Saïx and Axel's relationship, Saïx and Xemnas' relationship, the events of CoM, and the character of the Organization members, at least 6 of whom we know are still major players (Roxas, Xion, Axel/Lea, Xigbar, Xemnas, and Saïx/Isa)

I fail to see how it's clear that Xion will be a major player. Would ANY KH game feel like it was 'missing something' if she were lifted right out of the plot? Her character isn't going anywhere, it's more of an excuse to match the Sora/Riku/Kairi trio, since apparently all heroes need that.

I fail to see how Xaldin's random blurb about the rose and such to mean anything. It's not an explanation, it's flavour text at best. And I'm sorry, but I REALLY must have missed something, because I'm none the wiser of Axel's motivations from this game. Saix says he's changed... but that's about it. And I don't believe Xemnas ad Saix interact during the length of Days...

And see... later on you'll go on to say the game ISN'T about the Organization... and it isn't. We don't learn anything about ANY Organization member...

The gameplay was a significant downgrade over all previous KHs, the panel system was incredibly limited, and made most magic pointless

I don't find it a signifigant downgrade, CoM is rock bottom. And I found the panel system liberating, with allits possibilities, my biggest problem is the one ring limit, because everyone in the Organization apparenltly only has 1 finger. I object to the magic set up in this game, it was a tremendous pain, and even with all magic enhancers available it's still limiting, but CoM had a similarly stupid mechanic, and it's not as universally hated.

The panel system is limitations disguised as options. Chain of Memories has a well structured and well written plot, the battle system is strategic, and has REAL customization, as it's perfectly viable to fight any way you want, something no other KH can say. You can fight with a bunch of summons, or magic, or just physical attacks. Or you could focus on sleights, or load your deck up with zeroes to focus on countering. Days limits you in how high your level can be, pretty much negates potential usefulness of magic, unless the game explicitly tells you to bring magic, and in that case, you'd better bring a stack of one type of magic, lest you run out, and be forced to chip away at your enemies health for minutes on end. What's that? You prefer to use blizzard, because of its tactile advantage? STRATEGY? NO THANKS! BRING LOTS OF AERO TO SPAM ;)

I'm sorry, but CoM is FAR from rock bottom.

The game wasn't well balanced for single player, despite the fact that it's impossible to play the single player IN multiplayer

I don't understand this sentence.

The enemies and bosses and built with multiplayer in mind... but you can't play the single player story with multiple characters. See, it works on the premise that mundane activities can become fun when you have multiple people... but doesn't let you do that until you slog through the single player.

The bosses were pretty lame.

People complain about lame bosses and overly powered bosses. They can't both be true, and personally I found them weaker then I'd prefer, but that's why challenge mode exists. And the ability to de-level yourself.

HOW IS THAT? No seriously, do you honestly think a boss being cheap makes it not lame?

Now for a quick aside.

I HATE Vanitas' Lingering Spirit. Not because it's really hard or anything, but because he is literally Ventus' final boss with a new paint of coat and vastly increased damage. And that's how it works in Days. The bosses are boring and predictable, to the point where they could be regular enemies... the developers just made them into 'bosses' by giving them more power (What this exact power is varies)What's worse, much like Vanitas' Spirit, many of the bosses engage in lengthy time wasting sequences where you can't do anything to hurt them.

The bosses are badly designed. That makes them overpowered, AND lame.

The Disney was dramatically downplayed, to the point where the stories were completely pointless

In a story about a Kingdom Hearts-Original character surrounded by Kingdom Hearts-Original characters fighting Kingdom Hearts-Original enemies and living in aKingdom Hearts-Original world, the effect Disney has should be expectedly mitigated.

I'm sorry, no. Kingdom Hearts is a franchise based on the worlds of Square Enix and Disney colliding. It's AMAZING that Disney gave them so much freedom with the characters. If you want to make a KH game but downplay the Disney to the point at which it shouldn't really be there at all... you really shouldn't be making a KH game at all.

When it comes down to it, every KH game has you surrounded by KH original characters and enemies, that doesn't really give an excuse not to include something that serves as the foundation of your entire franchise

The Organization was pushed to the sidelines in a game that was meant to be about the Organization.

This. Game. Is. Not. About. Organization. XIII. It. Is. About. Roxas. And. Xion.

For that matter, Axel, and even ROXAS get pushed aside for Xion

See above and that Xion is the catalyst for all that happens in Days, her presence helps define everything else, she doesn't push anyone out of the way, she just wasn't expected for those people who wanted a game about Roxas, Axel, or the rest of the Organization, and she takes screen time away from what they thought the game would be about.

As I recall, the go to description for Days was "Roxas' time in the Organization" That description promises two things: Roxas, and the Organization. So the fact that nothing new was gained in terms of Roxas OR the Organization is a pretty big problem.

Days is often compared to Final Fantasy Crisis Core, something of a sister game to Days. Crisis Core and Days deal with very similar scenarios, where what s essentially a clone of the main game's hero spend their time before their tragic end (Also, both ultimately lead to the character giving their power to the main character)

But CC does this by utilizing established characters from the previous game(s) while introducing new characters and weaving them into the plot. We learn a lot about Zack, we see him interact with old and new characters. The new characters are a FOCUS, but they don't draw all of the attention away from the characters fans are coming for.

Days, however, simply introduces Xion and makes her the focal point of the story (Despite giving her little to no personality) and draining every other scene to allow for her. We DO get some interaction, but it's nearly always meaningless, usually involving a character expositing about what they will do in KH2 (Giving us no new insight) or simply repeating their catch phrases.

See, Xion on her own isn't really a bad thing. Bland characters are introduced all of the time in KH. It's more the fact that it comes off as though the makers of this game feel as though they have created something greater than what they actually have, when Xion is simply a bland character(s) with a forced sob story)

Um... new enemies EVERYWHERE. If you mean it uses old forms and gives them new abilities and colors, then I point out all the dragon-type and Dual-Sword type.

The enemies boil down to recolours in almost every respect (I mean, the game's 'superboss' is just an enlarged Wyvern)

Now, I concede about the dual sword thing, though I have a strange feeling in the back of my head that I should research it. I don't know what you're talking about with the dragon type though.

Most of the game was skipped because Roxas decided to sleep for like a year.

People can't complain about the game being super boring and then complaining that they missed a bunch of time. I object to it because when I found out I got to play a year in Organization XIII I expect to play year, not like 6 months and the rest of it can just be skipped. I want more Luxord dialogue, not numbers spiraling past a black screen.

What? Why not? More of the game would have given us exactly what we need: more characterization. See, the game is bland partially because it's rushed. Days just fly by, but if they had actually had to fill those days of content, Roxas would have had a much more interesting time in the Organization (Provided they aren't just bland repeated missions with no story)

See, it bothers me that there is so little dialog in a game that features very little voice acting. Text is cheap and easy to add. There should have been dialog on at least some of those clock tower scenes you get at the end of a mission. We should have seen more of the surviving Organization.

I'm very curious as to what you found believable about t.

I do not hate this game, but it is definitely not one of my favorites. In my opinion, BBS and KH2 were the best and Re:Coded was the worst. Things I did not enjoy about this game included:

• The repetitive missions
  • The not-so memorable bosses, other than the Saix and RIku fights at the end, but they're only memorable because they're main-characters.
  • The multiplayer wasn't fun, but hey I've never been a huge fan of multiplayer in the first place.

Things that I did enjoy:

• The story and the characters. Xion's death nearly made me cry. People can call her "useless and unimportant" all they want, but I cared about her... No wait I felt bad for Roxas, so yeah. xD
  • I liked the panel system, but to be honest I really can't put into words why I liked it.
  • The Disney stories being downplayed was a plus, for me. I've always enjoyed focusing more on the KH story than the Disney elements. But that's just me. I can understand why people would like to see some Disney in a Disney game that they probably began playing when they were children. That's just not my cup of tea.
Edited by Ertyx

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000105 EndHTML:0000017250 StartFragment:0000002295 EndFragment:0000017214

I’d just like to start with a thank you for replying in a clear, calm, and concise manner.

I fail to see how it's clear that Xion will be a major player. Would ANY KH game feel like it was 'missing something' if she were lifted right out of the plot? Her character isn't going anywhere, it's more of an excuse to match the Sora/Riku/Kairi trio, since apparently all heroes need that.

Aside from Days, no. But would coded or 3Ds feel like it was missing something if Terra, Aqua or Ventus were missing?

I fail to see how Xaldin's random blurb about the rose and such to mean anything. It's not an explanation, it's flavour text at best. And I'm sorry, but I REALLY must have missed something, because I'm none the wiser of Axel's motivations from this game. Saix says he's changed... but that's about it. And I don't believe Xemnas ad Saix interact during the length of Days...

Coupled with his journal entry you see Xaldin has a passionate hatred for love. It is a pathetic weakness, and apparently why he became a Nobody. (Day 119 Secret Report) He can see Beast would make a useful tool, and he has a glaring weakness.

Axel’s motivations are three-fold for the entirety of Days and CoM, self-motivation, entertainment, and most of all fear. In CoM we see him as interested in the little rebellion, but his desire to stay safe is what leaves him the only survivor of Castle Oblivion, he is the downfall for Marluxia and Larxene, and he sees to it Xemnas’ most loyal followers are disposed of. As he spends time with Roxas and Xion he starts to feel that feeling of friendship Saïx is always using as an excuse for Axel doing what he says. But whenever actual direct disopedience of the Organization is required, he steps back into line. This changes in KHII, but that’s not the subject of this discussion. I’ll admit I think we see Saïx and Xemnas together fewer than 5 times, but while KHII and most of Days shows Saïx as Xemnas’ loyal sycophant reading the entries gives another realization, Saïx had plans of his own that were not in Xemnas’ best interest shall we say? (Day 356 Secret Report)

see... later on you'll go on to say the game ISN'T about the Organization... and it isn't. We don't learn anything about ANY Organization member...

There is a difference between not being about and not having anything to do with. We see Xemnas has almost no involvement with the Organization, Xigbar has his own entertainment as his focus, but also some hidden depths that are plumbed somewhat in BBS, Saïx is a traitor, Axel matures from someone focused on making sure he has his life and a grin to the person who sacrifices himself in the memory of his friend, Demyx confirms that he’s a slacker who doesn’t do much and Luxord really is incapable of lasting 5 minutes without making a poker metaphor.

The panel system is limitations disguised as options. Chain of Memories has a well structured and well written plot, the battle system is strategic, and has REAL customization, as it's perfectly viable to fight any way you want, something no other KH can say. You can fight with a bunch of summons, or magic, or just physical attacks. Or you could focus on sleights, or load your deck up with zeroes to focus on countering. Days limits you in how high your level can be, pretty much negates potential usefulness of magic, unless the game explicitly tells you to bring magic, and in that case, you'd better bring a stack of one type of magic, lest you run out, and be forced to chip away at your enemies health for minutes on end. What's that? You prefer to use blizzard, because of its tactile advantage? STRATEGY? NO THANKS! BRING LOTS OF AERO TO SPAM ;)

In order to avoid turning this into a war between CoM (my least favorite game) and Days (at the very least one you don’t like) I’m going to jump over some sections. CoM has more freedom than the console games, and the ability to focus is best in this game, it’s limited by the difficulty in getting cards you want. If you want to focus on summon, prepare to spend a lot of time at Moogle Rooms to find even a vaguely useful card. If you want to focus on sleights bare in mind you have to put immense thought into exactly what card goes where, or memorize every sleight combination, because it will change every time you go through a deck. So on for any method you want. If you could intentionally purchase cards then I’d agree with you, but it has a prohibitive amount of effort required. CoM also limits your level, 99. I have a save file for Sora and Riku, they’re both level 99, no more levels, and not even much stronger than when they beat the final boss. And while some magics were cheap, they all could be used to do massive damage to the enemy.

I'm sorry, but CoM is FAR from rock bottom.

Let’s agree to disagree.

The enemies and bosses and built with multiplayer in mind... but you can't play the single player story with multiple characters. See, it works on the premise that mundane activities can become fun when you have multiple people... but doesn't let you do that until you slog through the single player.

I haven’t ever played multiplayer with other people, so maybe it is designed with that in mind, but it always felt to me like I was the only one who was supposed to be doing anything, and that all other people could contribute was more damage and the occasional heal.

HOW IS THAT? No seriously, do you honestly think a boss being cheap makes it not lame?

I didn’t find most of the bosses cheap. Aside from the ghosts and Shadow-type which can teleport and dodge my attacks no matter how powerful.

Now for a quick aside.

I HATE Vanitas' Lingering Spirit. Not because it's really hard or anything, but because he is literally Ventus' final boss with a new paint of coat and vastly increased damage. And that's how it works in Days. The bosses are boring and predictable, to the point where they could be regular enemies... the developers just made them into 'bosses' by giving them more power (What this exact power is varies)What's worse, much like Vanitas' Spirit, many of the bosses engage in lengthy time wasting sequences where you can't do anything to hurt them.

Glad we can agree on something, I didn’t like the Lingering Spirit because even if he gets to be a bit stronger because his physical form is lost (the only explanation I could think of) doesn’t mean he is now a cripplingly overpowered boss. And sometimes there parade of slightly different color schemes means IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL got annoying, but if you read the heartless info on them you find them to be easier then you’d prefer. Almost any heartless can be staggered with the appropriate spell, and other methods are ineffective.

The bosses are badly designed. That makes them overpowered, AND lame.

I'm sorry, no. Kingdom Hearts is a franchise based on the worlds of Square Enix and Disney colliding. It's AMAZING that Disney gave them so much freedom with the characters. If you want to make a KH game but downplay the Disney to the point at which it shouldn't really be there at all... you really shouldn't be making a KH game at all.

When it comes down to it, every KH game has you surrounded by KH original characters and enemies, that doesn't really give an excuse not to include something that serves as the foundation of your entire franchise

Kingdom Hearts isn’t Square Enix + Disney, otherwise we’d have no original characters, it is original characters operating in Disney worlds with Square Enix and Disney characters appearing. Most Kingdom Hearts games have a focus on the Disney, but Days doesn’t, and shouldn’t. The game was enhanced by the Disney which appeared in KHII, but it didn’t drive the plot, like in the other games where the hero has to work to save the world or its hero(ine).

As I recall, the go to description for Days was "Roxas' time in the Organization" That description promises two things: Roxas, and the Organization. So the fact that nothing new was gained in terms of Roxas OR the Organization is a pretty big problem.

Define go to defenition, if its what Nomura or Square Enix in generl defined it as then I don’t know what to say, you win that point, if fans call it that, quite simply they are wrong. I want something about the Organization, what they did before Roxas came along but after Luxord had won everyone’s money in poker.

Days is often compared to Final Fantasy Crisis Core, something of a sister game to Days. Crisis Core and Days deal with very similar scenarios, where what s essentially a clone of the main game's hero spend their time before their tragic end (Also, both ultimately lead to the character giving their power to the main character)

But CC does this by utilizing established characters from the previous game(s) while introducing new characters and weaving them into the plot. We learn a lot about Zack, we see him interact with old and new characters. The new characters are a FOCUS, but they don't draw all of the attention away from the characters fans are coming for.

Days, however, simply introduces Xion and makes her the focal point of the story (Despite giving her little to no personality) and draining every other scene to allow for her. We DO get some interaction, but it's nearly always meaningless, usually involving a character expositing about what they will do in KH2 (Giving us no new insight) or simply repeating their catch phrases.

I will admit I wish Xion were more of her own person, but personally I look at her like Naminé from CoM, she is primarily there to encourage the plot, and primary characterization is a connection to Sora. One could have either game without them, but it would be an inferior game. But most importantly both have the potential to grow, and Naminé does.

See, Xion on her own isn't really a bad thing. Bland characters are introduced all of the time in KH. It's more the fact that it comes off as though the makers of this game feel as though they have created something greater than what they actually have, when Xion is simply a bland character(s) with a forced sob story

Personally I am not a huge fan of Xion myself, and she doesn’t make it very highly on my list of Keyblade wielders, but what happens to her is tragic, by any defenition one could care to use, and even if I don’t care for her Roxas did, and he shouldn’t have to have that happen.

The enemies boil down to recolours in almost every respect (I mean, the game's 'superboss' is just an enlarged Wyvern)

OK, the dragon-types are not super-wyverns, and I’ll admit Days got a little carried away with affixing elements to the Heartless, but they were much more diverse in that respect than anything previous or sense. Not to mention they had interesting abilities that were generally fun, the Emerald Serenade required a completely different approach, and despite not being particularly successful at stopping it, it was a new approach I found fun.

Now, I concede about the dual sword thing, though I have a strange feeling in the back of my head that I should research it. I don't know what you're talking about with the dragon type though.

Dragons are your over-sized wyverns.

What? Why not? More of the game would have given us exactly what we need: more characterization. See, the game is bland partially because it's rushed. Days just fly by, but if they had actually had to fill those days of content, Roxas would have had a much more interesting time in the Organization (Provided they aren't just bland repeated missions with no story)

Most of Roxas’ Organization time was dull, the skipped Days would have been repeat missions, which would have stretched out the number of times we had all three of them on the clock tower nomsing on ice cream. The Organization members wouldn’t gain huge growth except for in the secret reports for those Days, and that is something I would really like. Particularly Luxord’s.

See, it bothers me that there is so little dialog in a game that features very little voice acting. Text is cheap and easy to add. There should have been dialog on at least some of those clock tower scenes you get at the end of a mission. We should have seen more of the surviving Organization.

The problem is the Organization is not structured that way, Roxas didn’t spend much time with them unless he was on missions with them or talked to them in the common room. And I don’t think much could have been added by having them talk on the clock tower, let alone what they would talk about, their entire life I their job, neither Roxas nor Xion have any memories of anything else except in their dreams, and listening to Axel talk about his life before every day would be boring, and out of character.

I'm very curious as to what you found believable about it.

The characters. They act in vastly different but completely understandable ways, Xaldin fled his emotions, and now you see him sneering at those he still sees as slaves to it. Saïx is willing to do anything to gain his hear and complete his plans, regardless of who gets harmed in the process. Demyx just wants to be left alone to play his music, all he’s got left. Luxord sees all life as a game of chance, you have to do the best you can with what you’ve been dealt, and nothing you say or do will change the rules.

well when I first played Days I was so amazed at having a true KH experience on the go that I didn't notice any of the flaws it had. I notice them now, but they don't bother me as much as they should. Seriously when I first got the game I played non-stop and loved every minute of it xD

I guess people didn't like it because of the graphics? Or maybe the panel system was what ruined their interest. Regardless, I still thought it was pretty awesome, granted I haven't had many experiences playing it, still cool to me though.

Oooh, I feel like ranting about this so here goes:

• The game play was crazy repetitive and got really boring after a while.
  • The normal heartless that spawned all over the place had WAY TOO MUCH HP. I mean seriously! In this game, I was lucky to find a heartless with less than one HP bar! Most had like 2, 3, or even 4! They took forever to kill, but if you moved them too far from their spawn point, they just go "lolno!" and disappear, forcing you to fight them back at full HP.
  • The panel system got kinda annoying.
  • That one boss in Neverland. 'nuff said.
  • Oh, and Leechgrave. Don't forget Leechgrave. He can go...somewhere else.

The boss on Neverland was demanding but I watched youtube video walkthroughs and beated him at 3 try. You have to juke him and when he exposes its weak spot while on last energy bar, hit him with all you got. :)

The panel system was at least innovative but I wished that I never played it, cuz Xion's death was overwelming. She deserves more then beeing a cheap excuse for Roxas to leave the organisation. :(

What was the point for me to feel sad about Xion's death when Sora's gonna free her from her pain later anyway?

You didn't knew if or how this could happend. A loss was a loss at least for Roxas. :) Would it be that everyone involved remember her or does she become a puppet with heart like pinoccio?

Edited by LibertaerGER

I think out of DS games its the best RPG i played on a DS

But out of the KH series, it lacked for the time line it came out (it's my opinion that the games progressively got better gameplay wise as time went on, til days (I don't count coded as it was a mobile game))

Though that's just my opinion. Personally i'm not a fan of mission style gameplay (I hate GTA, which is rated a good game by critics), but I also think it was a sin to make graphics of that quality when we had already had great visuals on the PS2.

There is no argument that it is one of the best looking DS games out there but there was a lot of flaws with it.

I personally have nothing against Days, it was a nice game, the story was heart-warming and it added a bit more life to the Org13 that we hadn't seen before in previous games. I'd be lying though if I didn't admit that certain missions were tedious, the worlds were lazy and it felt really repetitive at times. I really think that it is best that its cutscenes are the only thing getting re-done for the HD remix because I personally only found myself watching the cutscenes on the game any ways.

The people who hate it or rather dislike it probably don't like the fact that it is on the DS or they might not like Xion or think the story is irrelevant to the main plot and to be honest, each to their own. I had problems with Xion at first, I found her annoying and completely pointless because at the end of the 358th day nobody remembered her. However as the series went on I found her less annoying albeit I still didn't like her.

Days falls into the same category as Chain of Memories in which both are visually great for their respected systems, they both play well (personal opinion) and they add something good to the story.... Oh and they both end with you forgetting a character, but whatever xD And of course people are divided on whether it's good or not.

Edited by KHSoraKeyBlade

It's disliked since :

1.) It's a "side-game". Not on par with BBS.

2.) Lack of interaction w/ other Org members. "Oh, hey Demyx! Are we gonna play guitar hero? No? You want me to replay a boring mission for a potion? Alright...."

3.) Technically, since Xion dies and is forgotten, most people consider the game "pointless".

4.) Many people find the bosses tedious.

I could give more points, but those are the most I could think of from the top of my head. Despite those reasons (and many more), I still liked it.

Edited by -iAD

I haven't played in a long time. I'm not going to sit here and revile or defend the game. I'm just going to state why it was what it was.

First off Xion is like the loose thread on your shirt sleeve that unravels the whole thing if you pull at it. By this I mean, look at Axel/Lea. His interest in Sora in CoM is due to his meeting with Roxas. His attempt to turn Sora back into a heartless in 2

as well as his motivation for obtaining a Keyblade in 3D

is to bring Roxas back. Even if he doesn't remember, the reason Roxas finally left the Org. in the first place was to bring Xion back as well as to honor her final request of freeing Kingdom Hearts from Xemna's clutches. So in a way both Axel/Lea's and Roxas's motivations are tied to Xion

Second I never expected to learn about any Org. members other than Roxas as this game was said, pre-release, to explain one of the three KH mysteries: Roxas's time in the Organization and, as far as that description goes, Square fully delivers on that promise.

Third originaly Nomura did want a mission for all 358 days but the hardware couldn't handle that much data

Fourth the Disney elements had to be downplayed as, being a covert operation,

and perhaps to prevent their budding hearts from developing too quickly

the members or Organization XIII where expressly forbidden to have direct contact with the inhabitants of other worlds.

Finally the reason why there were no new worlds in the game was because, unlike the others, as this one takes place during a specific period of time and given the data limitations of the system the designers probably figured that it would be best to show why the worlds were in the state they were in when Sora awakened.

As for gameplay the designers wanted to try something new. If it weren't for them taking risks we would not have the command deck. But not all ideas can be winners.

Edited by Sora_Kuno

Comments in bold

I haven't played in a long time. I'm not going to sit here and revile or defend the game. I'm just going to state why it was what it was.

First off Xion is like the loose thread on your shirt sleeve that unravels the whole thing if you pull at it. By this I mean, look at Axel/Lea. His interest in Sora in CoM is due to his meeting with Roxas. Also it's his mission...? His attempt to turn Sora back into a heartless in 2

as well as his motivation for obtaining a Keyblade in 3D

is to bring Roxas back. Even if he doesn't remember, the reason Roxas finally left the Org. in the first place was to bring Xion back as well as to honor her final request of freeing Kingdom Hearts from Xemna's clutches. Well actually, Axel would remember that Roxas left to find Sora and to find out more about the keyblade, which would lead to more or less the same actions on his part, with or without Xion So in a way both Axel/Lea's and Roxas's motivations are tied to Xion

Second I never expected to learn about any Org. members other than Roxas as this game First of all, really? Nothing at all? And what exactly did we learn about Roxas...? was said, pre-release, to explain one of the three KH mysteries: Roxas's time in the Organization and, as far as that description goes, Square fully delivers on that promise. except that time with the Organization should actually involve being a part of that Organization

Third originaly Nomura did want a mission for all 358 days but the hardware couldn't handle that much data Only half correct. He said they were going to, but decided that people wouldn't WANT that much. Which is stupid IMO

Fourth the Disney elements had to be downplayed as, being a covert operation,

and perhaps to prevent their budding hearts from developing too quickly

the members or Organization XIII where expressly forbidden to have direct contact with the inhabitants of other worlds. Well first of all, wouldn't it have made sense for Roxas and Xion to get LOTS of interaction with Disney characters, to help give a reason for why they developed enough to be their own person? Besides, an excellent source of conflict would have been accidentally being discovered and finding a way out of it, or lying to go along with somebody in order to escape later.

Finally the reason why there were no new worlds in the game was because, unlike the others, as this one takes place during a specific period of time ​What does this have to do with anything? It takes place right after Sora restored all the worlds... if anything the game should have a host of brand new worlds. You can't even really pull the time period thing because Beast's Castle was in KH2... and given the data limitations Again with the data limitations. data isn't something that prevents NEW things from existing, it prevents how much of something can exist. The game could have had all original worlds, not only that but... of the system the designers probably figured that it would be best to show why the worlds were in the state they were in when Sora awakened. ... had they instead gone the route of creating new world specifically for the game, they would have been optimized for the DS, rather than having to be ported from the PS2 and downscaled.

As for gameplay the designers wanted to try something new. If it weren't for them taking risks we would not have the command deck. But not all ideas can be winners. This is completely and utterly false. A completely different team is responsible for the command deck. Days has little to do with a main KH game ebcause it was developed by H.A.N.D.