Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Pickle129

KH3D If you preordered MoM from Toys "R" Us...

Please check the status of your preorder and if you feel comfortable with doing so, post it here. Toys R Us apparently has a really bad track record for overselling preorders when they can't supply them all.

https://www.toysrus....&remote_ot=true

I'm making this thread so those of use who preordered from TRU(most likely last minute haha) can check if we're going to get a copy or not and see what should or isn't happening with our orders. I'm VERY concerned that all of us who found a last minute chance for the MoM at TRU will be crushed yet again by a backorder/delay or even a cancellation.

Right now, mine says :

"

Item(s) on hold until release date: 07 / 29 / 12"

Which doesn't sound very comforting seeing as today is 7/30/12 and tomorrow is the ship date. *gulp* Hopefully this is just the norm because TRU doesn't work on weekends.

Edited by Pickle129

To be completely honest, I don't think you're going to be getting your pre-order. Fry's, Radioshack, and CD Universe all had issues with canceling pre-orders even if the site said they were available on their website (I know about two of these from personal experience).

To be completely honest, I don't think you're going to be getting your pre-order. Fry's, Radioshack, and CD Universe all had issues with canceling pre-orders even if the site said they were available on their website (I know about two of these from personal experience).

Yeah, I was expecting that. I might call Toys R Us and see what the situation is, possibly work my way into getting one somehow(if not me, my mom can be extremely persuasive and pushy on phones haha). Although I'm still holding out hope they will have one for me. I actually don't know if many people would have preordered from TRU, it's not the first place most people think of for video games, let alone collector's editions. I preordered before the secret of TRU got out, and nobody was suggesting preordering from TRU before then. Although I'm not paying more than 60 dollars, I'm going to secure a copy somehow. xD

Sorry that you couldn't get your copies. I hope you get one eventually!

Edited by Pickle129

Don't worry, this just isn't Toy R Us. Some of the Gamestops in my area have had to tell people that they will have to give pre-orders the next time they get new shipments. Which sucks for the people who thought they were going to get it on the 31st.

Don't worry, this just isn't Toy R Us. Some of the Gamestops in my area have had to tell people that they will have to give pre-orders the next time they get new shipments. Which sucks for the people who thought they were going to get it on the 31st.

''

Well that's fortunate in a bad way. I'm thinking that Square Enix is going to have to produce more copies, it seems like they didn't make enough. I know it's a collector edition but it's not limited, and if they can't even meet preorders than there is definitely something wrong on their end.

I never buy anything from Toys R Us. The last thing I bought from there was a Arceus pokemon card when it first came out years ago. xD

On the bright side, that means a lot of people are getting 3D.

Ah forget it. I cancelled my TRU preorder and went for the restocked ones from Amazon. I'd reccomend the rest of you do the same, it's worth paying a little extra for the shipping for the guarantee you'll get one.

This better not happen to me tmrw! I would be so pissed. Hopefully the KH demand in my area is low enough for me to be safe :P

I get a message on Wednesday August 8th with this message from Toys R Us-

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for placing your recent order with us.

We wanted to inform you that there is a delay in fulfilling the item listed below in your order. Please accept our apologies for this delay.

At this time we do not have a ship date for the item. If you choose to wait for the item to ship, you do not need to contact us, and we will continue to process and ship your order as soon as we can. Please note, your credit card will not be charged for the item until the order is shipped.

Delayed Item: 13539918 Description: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance Collector's Edition for Nintendo 3DS Quantity/Price: 1 @ $54.99

If you would like us to cancel your order, please call our Customer Service department at 1-800-869-7787, and we will be happy to promptly provide you with a full refund.

30-Day Policy

If the item(s) is not shipped by 09/07/2012 the item will be automatically cancelled and your credit card will not be charged, and/or your money will be refunded.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Sincerely,

The Guest Service Team

Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com

I am just wondering- will they even send it to me at this rate? Should I continue waiting or cancel and just get the regular edition? I had been saving my money for the 3DS and for the MoM edition- I don't want to give up on it so quickly, but I really want to start playing the game as well... any thoughts?