Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jim

KH3D Why MoM Edition is sold out everywhere. (My rant)

Ok guys, not sure if there's a topic about this or not, but just thought I'd rant about something. Look at the legitimate sellers of the Mark of Mastery Edition (Amazon, Gamestop, etc.); obviously, there are no pre-orders left. Now look at this eBay seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Kingdom-Hearts-3D-Dream-Drop-Distance-Mastery-Limited-Collectors-Edition-/200793339134?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2ec03734fe#ht_500wt_1287

Key point here: "10 available/12 sold". This guy has bought TWENTY TWO copies of the game. So, what's the problem? This Collecter's Edition is getting a lot of demand, and this guy (and doubtless tons of others like him) chose to profit off of this by taking out of the stocks of fairly-priced packages that people could have bought, and sell it for a crapload of money. This forces fans to pay $90+ dollars for a game they could have bought for only $55 if it wasn't for selfish people like this. Just from this guy alone, TWENTY TWO people are deprived of a fair asking price for a game, and if some of those people are desperate enough, they now have to buy from this person. And he doesn't even wait until the game's out! Now, the stock of fair priced MoM editions are depleted, and people are forced to buy from selfish dudes like this who only want to profit themselves. Many, many desperate fans/parents are gonna pay twice as much, just so that these people can make quick cash with almost no effort. Is it me, or is this just wrong?

I mean, it's one thing to buy one extra and sell it a few months (or years, even) later so that hardcore collectors who missed their chance can bid on it and pay for a game they would have otherwise missed out on. But what people like the one on eBay here are doing just doesn't seem right to me. What do you guys think?

I think regardless, if people are willing to pay outrageous prices for this then thats their own fault they did. Also, I think people shouldve realized that as a CE this wouldve been destined to be sold out or hard to get if they waited till the last minute...They had the same equal oppurtunity to buy this when it was first made available .In other words , if you waited too long its your own fault . Just sayin'

I think regardless, if people are willing to pay outrageous prices for this then thats their own fault they did. Also, I think people shouldve realized that as a CE this wouldve been destined to be sold out or hard to get if they waited till the last minute...They had the same equal oppurtunity to buy this when it was first made available .In other words , if you waited too long its your own fault . Just sayin'

Yeah, but they wouldn't have needed to pay an outrageous price if the selfish people hadn't bought so many just for the sole purpose of selling it.

Yeah, but they wouldn't have needed to pay an outrageous price if the selfish people hadn't bought so many just for the sole purpose of selling it.

Refer back to where i said that everyone had the same chance to buy this when it was first made available .If they waited till the last minute it is their own fault.

Refer back to where i said that everyone had the same chance to buy this when it was first made available .If they waited till the last minute it is their own fault.

Hm, I do see your point. I just don't think it's fair for someone to buy so many at once just for the sole purpose of making money.

I would have to agree with both of your points, everyone had their fair chance to get the CE but that chance would have lasted longer if those people didn't just buy a bunch of copies just to sell them for insane amounts of money. In one thread (I forget which one) someone found someone on eBay that was selling the MoM edition for $799.00, that's just ridiculous and some copies were already sold.

I would have to agree with both of your points, everyone had their fair chance to get the CE but that chance would have lasted longer if those people didn't just buy a bunch of copies just to sell them for insane amounts of money. In one thread (I forget which one) someone found someone on eBay that was selling the MoM edition for $799.00, that's just ridiculous and some copies were already sold.

If you are willing to pay that much you deserve what you get :P...Also, you cant stop this from happening since there are that many suckers who would pay that price. If people stopped paying outrageous prices for this then people wouldnt be able to pull this off.. So , in the end, its the persons own fault.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8757126&style=games

^ That site is the last one I've found that is carrying it. I was able to successfully place an order on Radioshack's website earlier this week before they took MoM down, only to get an e-mail from them today saying my order had been cancelled. I went ahead and ordered from CD Universe today. *fingers crossed*

Yeah, I thought the same then when looking through eBay earlier. On one hand, these assholes took away the chance to get it from people who may not have much money and where saving up bit by bit; that, I can understand. But if you waited and kept putting it off...then, Meeeehhhhh. xP

sounds like a good business move on his part. Now I know what to do if I need to pay my way through school.

Honestly, it kind of serves people right that they're forced to pay that much for the MoM edition, because if they REALLY think that silly stuff is worth another fifty bucks...

This has been going on forever. This technique is especially popular with concert tickets.

Unless they add a cap of the maximum orders a single person can make on a CE, there is little to stop it. And even then it ends up happening anyway. But there are people out there that make the money that paying the inflated price doesnt mean much to them. If someone is too poor yet buys from one of these dealers, they are the ones who really need to set their priorities straight.

This is why you preorder early.

if you preorder from Amazon or Gamestop online you don't have to pay until it actually ships and if you preorder in store all you need is five bucks down. There really isn't any real excuse to not preorder if you want something.