Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
kalnet

Film Man of Steel (2013)

Posted Image

In Cinemas : June 14, 2013

Director - Zack Snyder
Writer - David S. Goyer (Screenplay and Story)

Cast:

Henry Cavill as Clark Kent / Superman
Amy Adams as Lois Lane
Michael Shannon as General Zod
Russell Crowe as Jor-El
Ayelet Zurer as Lara Lor-Van
Laurence Fishburne as Perry White
Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent
Diane Lane as Martha Kent

Teaser Trailers -

Kevin Costner/Jonathan Kent ver.

Russell Crowe/Jor-El ver.

Comic-Con 2012 Trailer (Off-screen footage)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD3g2_Ya4Uc

Edited by dusk

I saw the second teaser in TDKR premiere but I honestly don't know what to think of it? Idk I felt like the trailer was just... an odd choice to do. I have faith in this movie though and I hope it does well. Henry Cavill isn't one of my favorite actors but I'm sure he'll do fine.

Honestly I wished for that as well. For years he has worked slowly into that role of Clark Kent and it was weird when they didn't cast him because growing up HE was the ideal image of what I thought of when I would picture a Live Action Superman movie. Tom Welling will always be the Superman of my time, and it would be difficult for Henry Cavill to change my mind about that. I loved Smallville and I thought it would have been great for Tom to transition to Superman movies. I'm also really upset that they're going those Smallville comic books instead of like Smallville Universe movies or a continuation of the series. But eh, it was getting past its time and even though I loved it dearly I think it went out on a fairly alright note.

Still though yeah I would have loved to see Tom Welling give it a go at a movie.

Honestly I wished for that as well. For years he has worked slowly into that role of Clark Kent and it was weird when they didn't cast him because growing up HE was the ideal image of what I thought of when I would picture a Live Action Superman movie. Tom Welling will always be the Superman of my time, and it would be difficult for Henry Cavill to change my mind about that. I loved Smallville and I thought it would have been great for Tom to transition to Superman movies. I'm also really upset that they're going those Smallville comic books instead of like Smallville Universe movies or a continuation of the series. But eh, it was getting past its time and even though I loved it dearly I think it went out on a fairly alright note.

Still though yeah I would have loved to see Tom Welling give it a go at a movie.

They probably did comics because their much cheaper to make.

The trailer looked fine but it really didn't sell me on the movie or the direction they'll take the film but it's just teaser so i don't know what i expected to begin with.I just hope it doesn't try and take the direction and mood of Nolan's Batman movies but i trust in Goyer writing ability.Still the Krypton aspect of Superman's origin story is in my opinion the most boring part of the origin and can be become more boring if focused on too long which i have feeling they might do.

Edited by Deadshot

Exactly, and Smallville ended last year. This was a cool opportunity for Tom to be in this movie.

I'm actually concerned it might be pretty bad, if anyone has both seen and watched Watchmen you'll probably be able to understand why I'm not looking forward to Zack Snyder directing another superhero film. Also the trailer seemed to be really playing up the SUPERMAN IS JESUS theme, which is extremely boring and lame. That being said Nolan is producing, so it might just be that was a bad or misleading trailer, or that it turns out to just be a fun superhero film.

I really want to see this bad :3 These Modern Day Superhero movies like The Dark Knight Trilogy are just simply amazing. Not saying that the old ones are bad but dangggg I cant wait :D

I'm actually concerned it might be pretty bad, if anyone has both seen and watched Watchmen you'll probably be able to understand why I'm not looking forward to Zack Snyder directing another superhero film. Also the trailer seemed to be really playing up the SUPERMAN IS JESUS theme, which is extremely boring and lame. That being said Nolan is producing, so it might just be that was a bad or misleading trailer, or that it turns out to just be a fun superhero film.

How was it playing up Superman is Jesus theme? I heard Snyder is trying to make most realistic version of the character and what was wrong with Watchmen other than being to faithful to it's source material? Edited by Deadshot

How was it playing up Superman is Jesus theme? I heard Snyder is trying to make most realistic version of the character and what was wrong with Watchmen other than being to faithful to it's source material?

It's been said that the classic Superman theme won't be heard because they didn't want any reference to the old Superman films.

It's been said that the classic Superman theme won't be heard because they didn't want any reference to the old Superman films.

I think that good thing it shouldn't be living in past if it's trying to be fresh take on character and as much as i love the classic superman theme i think it's good their getting Hans Zimmer who did score for Nolan Batman movies to do Man of Steel.His score is one strongest elements of that series. Edited by Deadshot

How was it playing up Superman is Jesus theme? I heard Snyder is trying to make most realistic version of the character and what was wrong with Watchmen other than being to faithful to it's source material?

First of all Watchmen wasn't faithful to its source material, there have been far worse adaptations, even in Alan Moore's other works (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) but while the movie does a decent job of transferring the plot, it scrambles it a bit, so events are out of order, and messes up the characters, which is, in my opinion, the best part of the comic. And if they can't manage characters that only appear in one comic I have no idea what could happen if they try and use Superman with all the comics that are, at best, stupid. Not that Batman didn't have his share of them to, but I have a lot more faith in Nolan than Snyder.

Second Superman isn't something that can be treated in the Nolan-esque reality style. In our universe I have no problem believing one man with a nearly trillion dollar company supporting him, and a vast amount of personal wealth could spend most of his life training and purchase/construct high quality equipment to fight crime. Improbable, but believable. Superman is the story of a baby who gets sent to Earth when his planet blows up, lands in Kansas, is raised with good old fashioned values, comes to the city and uses his arsenal of convenient Superpowers to battle crime and do Good. In almost every step of the process there are ridiculous aspects, the lift-off of a space-craft to barely accelerate to involve crushing the child, a need for FTL or cryogenics in order for him not to die in transit to Earth, his landing to not draw any attention, the sun giving him super powers because he was born under a different one, and the Kents to be such wonderful people they don't have any moral flaws that would change how Clark sees humans. All this is problems with the basic outline of the story, without him even being Superman.

Lastly, the trailer shows us how bad things are, with homeless people, dead butterflies, etc. but we have someone who can save us from all our problems in this child sent by his father to save us. SUPERMAN.

First of all Watchmen wasn't faithful to its source material, there have been far worse adaptations, even in Alan Moore's other works (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) but while the movie does a decent job of transferring the plot, it scrambles it a bit, so events are out of order, and messes up the characters, which is, in my opinion, the best part of the comic. And if they can't manage characters that only appear in one comic I have no idea what could happen if they try and use Superman with all the comics that are, at best, stupid. Not that Batman didn't have his share of them to, but I have a lot more faith in Nolan than Snyder.

Second Superman isn't something that can be treated in the Nolan-esque reality style. In our universe I have no problem believing one man with a nearly trillion dollar company supporting him, and a vast amount of personal wealth could spend most of his life training and purchase/construct high quality equipment to fight crime. Improbable, but believable. Superman is the story of a baby who gets sent to Earth when his planet blows up, lands in Kansas, is raised with good old fashioned values, comes to the city and uses his arsenal of convenient Superpowers to battle crime and do Good. In almost every step of the process there are ridiculous aspects, the lift-off of a space-craft to barely accelerate to involve crushing the child, a need for FTL or cryogenics in order for him not to die in transit to Earth, his landing to not draw any attention, the sun giving him super powers because he was born under a different one, and the Kents to be such wonderful people they don't have any moral flaws that would change how Clark sees humans. All this is problems with the basic outline of the story, without him even being Superman.

Lastly, the trailer shows us how bad things are, with homeless people, dead butterflies, etc. but we have someone who can save us from all our problems in this child sent by his father to save us. SUPERMAN.

1) So your saying all Superman stories are stupid? This would include For the Man Who Has Everything which was done by both of the creators of Watchmen,All-Star Superman which won three Eisner's and two Harvey Awards.There's also Superman:Red Son,It's Superman,Whatever happened to The Man of Tomorrow and Kingdom Come just to name few great Superman comics but you know what your right they probably to suck because hey they aren't realistic.

2) Creators determine how good the stories about the characters are not the characters themselves or how realistic they may be.

3) Wait why would anyone be making a film try to adapt all of the characters stories in one film or trilogy in Nolan's Batman movies he took elements he liked for certain stories to fit his vision of the character.

4) Superman can be a symbol of hope something people can look up to.As panel below sort of shows

Posted Image

5) You really seem to be judging this movie off one minute of footage that could possibly not be in the movie.You can't really judge the movie until you see it.

Edited by Deadshot

I think that good thing it shouldn't be living in past if it's trying to be fresh take on character and as much as i love the classic superman theme i think it's good their getting Hans Zimmer who did score for Nolan Batman movies to do Man of Steel.His score is one strongest elements of that series.

I love Hans Zimmers work :3

1) So your saying all Superman stories are stupid? This would include For the Man Who Has Everything which was done by both of the creators of Watchmen,All-Star Superman which won three Eisner's and two Harvey Awards.There's also Superman:Red Son,It's Superman,Whatever happened to The Man of Tomorrow and Kingdom Come just to name few great Superman comics but you know what your right they probably to suck because hey they aren't realistic.

2) Creators determine how good the stories about the characters are not the characters themselves or how realistic they may be.

3) Wait why would anyone be making a film try to adapt all of the characters stories in one film or trilogy in Nolan's Batman movies he took elements he liked for certain stories to fit his vision of the character.

4) Superman can be a symbol of hope something people can look up to.As panel below sort of shows

5) You really seem to be judging this movie off one minute of footage that could possibly not be in the movie.You can't really judge the movie until you see it.

1) No, I'm saying all comics that have been allowed to have multiple writers have stupid comics, ones where Batman decides to just shoot everybody, and Superman tortures Jimmy Olsen. Since Schumacer can't stay faithful to one comic, I'm worried how well he can stay true to one in which there is already a danger of him using one in which Superman is being a terrible, or stupid, or even just dreadfully out of character.

2) Creators can make good characters, but they may not be the intended character. If he makes Superman a fascinating character, but without that good-natured simplicity (as in moral simplicity, not mental) it may be an interesting character, but it's less Superman.

3) I'm not expecting all the villains in one movie, especially one in which they're going for realistic. I wouldn't expect Killer Croc in Nolan's Batman, or Gorilla Grod in this Superman. But Superman's back-story alone is rather un-realistic. Nolan's Batman couldn't exist in the same universe as the Justice League because those characters can't live as close to reality as he can. So trying to do that seems a bad idea.

4) Yes, the DC Trinity Justice (Batman), Hope (Superman), and Truth (Wonder Woman). The difference between having someone being your hero bringing you hope, and a savior is largely a matter of intensity. Since that was effectively all the trailer showed, it at least appears that's going to be more savior than hero.

5) This is in no way a final analysis. This is me speculating off what is basically a teaser trailer. I totally admit that.

For me personally I take trailers as a challenge, rather like Riddler leaving clues I have to solve before he finishes his end goal, I need to try and predict what the director is going to do before it's released. But I only do it for movies and games I actually care about. I want a good Superman movie, and I think this could be it. While I have doubts about Schumacher's ability, especially with the long line of terribly stupid Superman movies, but I trust Nolan. Yes the trailer seemed to be like OMG Superman will save us like Jesus, but the trailer couldn't actually say anything about the plot. Really my biggest concern is how realistically they are going to play this, because

Superman isn't realistic, which is fine, reality is bloody inconvenient, but to take a super-realistic approach would either cripple Superman, which would be boring, make the superpowers ridiculously out-of-place, or have him depend on advanced Kryptonian technology, which would make him Batman.

I have high hopes on Zack Snyder because he can direct nicely with the CGI special effects and with David S. Goyer writing the story and screenplay, I think this direction should be no problem. Zack can direct a good story. He just need a good writer and Goyer is there to fill up for him.

Don't always think that Superman is unrealistic. He can be a realistic character. Just think outside of the box. Superman is someone from out of this world, so obviously we will see some stereotypical human mind like "We need to be careful of this guy because he is not of this world" and so on and so forth.

We as audience will see if the citizens of metropolis will accept Superman for who he is or treat him as someone who will give them trouble. There will be a certain theme of the word called 'Trust'. "Should we trust Superman?" "Is he someone who will help us in our dark times?" "Should we join him?".

It can also be from Superman himself. "Should I really show them who I really am?". Superman was raised as a human so he too will have a human-like mind. He is afraid of what people will think of him if he show them to the world of his super powers.

Superman has a choice. He has to be the one to decide the fate of himself as a person and the people around him.

Comic Con Audio/Footage mix with Teaser Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdiaf_ahBLM

Perhaps this comic con trailer footage can raise more speculations and discussions for you guys.

"It's not from this world Clark. And neither are you." - Jonathan Clark

Was about to sleep and this releases. #excited

rhfjkarnhuntsmgjlkmdklgmje[pwrigwomgpokrb[r......................................................................... My god O.O