Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shana09

IGN Giving a Summary of the whole KH Series for newcomers if they want to play KH3D

What the title says.

The stateside release of Sora’s forthcoming adventure, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance for Nintendo’s 3DS, is fast approaching. Contrary to what you may think, there’s absolutely no need to miss out on this new adventure simply because you’re behind on your KH history. After all, this game is a rather important one for the series - picking up Sora’s storyline and leading directly into the long-awaited sequel, Kingdom Hearts III. So if you find yourself eager to check out KH3D, but intimidated by all the plot points and references that you fear will make your head spin - worry not. The guide below contains all the information you need to have a fair grasp of Sora’s latest.
As for spoilers, this brief guide avoids them as much as possible, only covering things you really need to know to understand this latest installment. Still, if you’re averse to knowing anything about the world of KH and its various plot points, you might want to steer clear. And, um, you probably don’t want to play Dream Drop Distance.
Are you ready? Good, then take a deep breath, grab a keyblade and prepare your heart for the journey that lies ahead.
Posted Image

For those of you who’ve never played a Kingdom Hearts game, the series joins together the worlds of Disney and Final Fantasy into a brand new universe full of adventure. However, the FF elements are decidedly downplayed in Dream Drop Distance, though a few playful Moogles still make an appearance. As pertains to KH3D, the main heroes you need to know about date back to the very first game - Sora and Riku. Sora is a light-hearted teen who can be a bit naïve, but has a big heart and a strong sense of justice. Riku is Sora’s best friend since childhood. He’s strong-willed and savvier than Sora, though he has an affinity for the darkness. Riku, like Sora, would do anything to protect a friend.
Other characters you should be aware of include Kairi, Sora and Riku’s close friend and another main character in the series. She’s outgoing and brave, and shares a special bond with Sora. The main villain is Xehanort. This dude has a lot of baggage, but for now all you need to know is that his resurrection means terrible things for the fate of the worlds. Finally, there’s Yen Sid, a wise old wizard in blue who used to be Mickey’s master and taught him everything he knows. He offers guidance and direction at various points in the KH series.

The weapons of choice in the KH universe are keyblades. As you might guess, these are key-shaped blades with the special ability to repel darkness and lock or unlock magical keyholes, which seal the doors between worlds. Common themes in all Kingdom Hearts games include light vs. dark, the connections between friends and foes, memories, and the significance of the body, soul and heart. Different worlds, most representing a different Disney franchise (Aladdin, Pinocchio, Tarzan, The Little Mermaid, and so on) all exist parallel to yet separate from each other. It’s up to Sora and his friends - with the help of King Mickey and his disciples - to protect these worlds from the heartless monsters that would destroy it.

Obviously, it would be best to go into KH3D with a full understanding of every KH plotline from every game released thus far, as well as how they all tie into each other. However, for newcomers to the series, that’s quite a tall order, and might prove more intimidating than helpful. For simplicity’s sake (and digestibility’s sake as well), we’ll just focus on the most important title - Kingdom Hearts Re:coded for DS. KH3D is a direct sequel to Re:coded, so understanding what went down in this game will make the events in 3D much easier to grasp.
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded compiles a collection of mobile games exclusively released in Japan. The story follows Data-Sora, a digital replication of the real Sora. This AI hero was created by King Mickey to investigate a mysterious entry in Jiminy Cricket’s journal, which is filled out during the first two games. Still with me?
SPOILER ALERT! At the end of Re:coded, Mickey writes the real Sora a letter, explaining the events that unfolded and how it’s Sora’s destiny to save the people tied to his heart, the people who have been lost along the way. Re:coded’s secret ending also reveals that because of the destruction of the villains Ansem and Xemnas (who, simply put, are different incarnations of Xehanort), Xehanort's resurrection is imminent. Sora and Riku are their only chance of saving the worlds from this evil threat, which is why Yen Sid had Mickey call for them - so they can take the Mark of Mastery exam and become true Keyblade Masters. And so begins Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance…

Without going into too much detail - after all, that would take away the fun of playing the game yourself - Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance follows Sora and Riku’s efforts to complete the Mark of Mastery Exam. It picks up where the epilogue of Re:coded leaves off, tasking the two friends with protecting seven worlds as they prepare for Xehanort’s return.
The two are separated at the outset of the game, sent to parallel worlds that are in a state of deep sleep. These worlds are plagued by Dream Eaters, creatures born from the darkness. It’s up to Sora and Riku, who you switch between during the course of the game via the new “Drop” system, to reawaken these seven worlds, and thus prove themselves as true Keyblade Masters.
Without diving too deeply into spoiler territory, that about covers everything you need to know to understand what’s going on in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. Keep an eye out for our full review in the next week or so - and as always, keep it here on IGN for all things Kingdom Hearts.

http://www.ign.com/a...ngdom-hearts-3d

I am liking IGN a little more now. Edited by Shana09

That's why you should always type spoilers in the topic. lol

But there isn't any >>

That is for Re:Coded.

Re:coded and games before that are alright.

KH3D spoilers are supposed to be labeled in the title.

But there isn't any >>

I'm just saying people that never played recoded shouldn't see this because for them is spoilers.

But I think everybody here already has the game tho

I'm just saying people that never played recoded shouldn't see this because for them is spoilers.

But I think everybody here already has the game tho

But there isn't any >>

Yeah I wrote that already.

=/

Bitch plzzzzz ..LOL! Don't be mad bc kamra bit u in the ass . I still love u <3 P.S You mad ? LOL

I can't "feel anger", Axel.

If we were talking IRL I would have a soul attack. (bad jokes for the win/shot)

I can't "feel anger", Axel.

If we were talking IRL I would have a soul attack. (bad jokes for the win/shot)

You remember what anger feel like ! ;) .Also I can't wait until tommorrow when you roleplay Axel ..Don't dissapoint me !

You remember what anger feel like ! ;) .Also I can't wait until tommorrow when you roleplay Axel ..Don't dissapoint me !

(Actually I am going by the NYC Event Countdown because I won't be here the other days 8D/shot)

(Ill be Axel when I am supposed to be Leaxous, Axel was yesterday and i thought of this at like 10:00 PM. I ain't writing "..." for 24 hours)

Maybe in our past life, after all, your IQ is about the same amount as the day you were born.

(Actually I am going by the NYC Event Countdown because I won't be here the other days 8D/shot)

(Ill be Axel when I am supposed to be Leaxous, Axel was yesterday and i thought of this at like 10:00 PM. I ain't writing "..." for 24 hours)

Maybe in our past life, after all, your IQ is about the same amount as the day you were born.

Saix, what does that say when my IQ is 8xs higher than yours ? Got it memorized ? ;)