Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
rikufan25

Gamer dies while playing Diablo 3... Wait, What?

It's incidents like this that make me scared to have Asperger's Syndrome. One of the symptoms is to develop a deep fascination or obsession with something you really, really like. I remember when my obsession was Kingdom Hearts. I played KHII three days straight with showering and if my mother hadn't nagged me to eat or drink, I don't know what could have happened. It scares me because I have no control over this symptom. I become hyper focused, immoral and irritational. All I can think of is being around or involved with my obsession and nothing else. Unless someone is there to limit or nag me, I won't be able to control myself. It terrifies me that I can't be of my own mind and that this could be the very outcome of my future. And what's also awful is I have to depend on somebody to take care of me and I'm burdening them by doing so. ): I wish I had the strength to take care of myself but I'm so weak and it frustrates me to no end.

It takes a strong person to admit when they are weak and to overcome .Chin up and acknowledge your inner strength can overcome anything .

It's incidents like this that make me scared to have Asperger's Syndrome. One of the symptoms is to develop a deep fascination or obsession with something you really, really like. I remember when my obsession was Kingdom Hearts. I played KHII three days straight with showering and if my mother hadn't nagged me to eat or drink, I don't know what could have happened. It scares me because I have no control over this symptom. I become hyper focused, immoral and irritational. All I can think of is being around or involved with my obsession and nothing else. Unless someone is there to limit or nag me, I won't be able to control myself. It terrifies me that I can't be of my own mind and that this could be the very outcome of my future. And what's also awful is I have to depend on somebody to take care of me and I'm burdening them by doing so. ): I wish I had the strength to take care of myself but I'm so weak and it frustrates me to no end.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that you had asperger. I'm guessing that judging by what you posted, you have low self-confidence, you just need to need to try to have more self-confidence. Sure you may have have a disability, but as long as you have people around you to help you through this, I'm sure, that it'll be easier to control it. Edited by rikufan25

I'm sorry, I didn't know that you had asperger. I'm guessing that judging by what you posted, you have low self-confidence, you just need to need to try to have more self-confidence. Sure you may have have a disability, but as long as you have people around you to help you through this, I'm sure, that it'll be easier to control it.

My self-confidence wavers all the time. Sometimes, it's low, sometimes, it soars. It depends really.

As long as you admit this to them, someone who takes care of you won't mind. I am really sorry about this though. Of course if you get obsessed with something over the internet, I hope we can talk you out into eating, sleeping etc.

You have strength, just be sure to find it and use it.

@topic

I read it because of a guys status.

It's really sad, it proves what obsession can do to you.

But as long as you know to eat, take a shower, sleep etc. etc., you can be fine.

Edited by Shana09

As long as you admit this to them, someone who takes care of you won't mind. I am really sorry about this though. Of course if you get obsessed with something over the internet, I hope we can talk you out into eating, sleeping etc.

You have strength, just be sure to find it and use it.

@topic

I read it because of a guys status.

It's really sad, it proves what obsession can do to you.

But as long as you know to eat, take a shower, sleep etc. etc., you can be fine.

And as long as your parents don't kill you for playing it all day.

I play all day if the game is like KH, TWEWY, Pokèmon etc. lmao. But i do eat, sleep, drink, shower etc.

My parents would kill me if I played a game for over 2 hours straight.

My parents would kill me if I played a game for over 2 hours straight.

I play a game for 8 hours+ straight and they do not kill me.

I did get skinnier though...but I still eat =/ I just don't overeat.

I play a game for 8 hours+ straight and they do not kill me.

I did get skinnier though...but I still eat =/ I just don't overeat.

Good for you then. :) Edited by rikufan25

Jeez. I honestly don't know how people can play games so much like that. I mean, i did play mass effect 2/3 on launch at midnight for a good 6-7 hours, but i just don't get how people can play so much like that without eating or anything.

longest i went so far is 21 hours for N64 marathon and even then i had food and drinks. I see a lot of these happening at internet cafe. Wonder if they have some kind of max hours a person can book :/

Whoah, I really don't know how the guy could just play for so many hours nonstop. That's just creepy! Look, I love video games as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't go to such an extent as to play so many hours. There's a thing called moderation, and it looks like these taiwanese people need to learn what it is. =o

Whoah, I really don't know how the guy could just play for so many hours nonstop. That's just creepy! Look, I love video games as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't go to such an extent as to play so many hours. There's a thing called moderation, and it looks like these taiwanese people need to learn what it is. =o

You shouldn't generalize "these taiwanese people" as if they have no self-control and lack of moderation. That was just one man, his nationality doesn't have anything to do with it.