Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Do you prefer to play video games with Japanese or English voice acting?

199 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to play video games with Japanese or English voice acting?

• Japanese
    • English
    • As long as I can understand what their saying somehow, I'm fine.
    • Don't mind it either way.

I prefer English over Japanese as I hate having to go through an entire game reading subtitles as I love seeing good cutscenes. I'm going for KH as an example. All games aren't like this but I don't think most of the KH Japanese voices (Especialy Sora and Roxas' voices) don't fit the characters as well as english voices do. I guess I'm just like this *shrug* I dunno.

I will admit that I have trouble distinguishing some Japanese voice actors voices but I do feel that Japanese voice actors put more effort and emotion into their work. If I have the option to play a game with Japanese cutscenes and english subs I will play that.

English.I don't speak or understand Japanese.English subtitles aren't good enough.Nor is any other language because I can't speak or understand any other languages.I should be able to speak and understand Spanish,I can't and don't because I just did not take my Spanish classes online :P If your confused,don't ask,its too long of a story.

I prefer English voice acting. This may sound odd, but most Japanese voices sound too similar to me. I usually have trouble telling them apart, but I can usually pick out English voice actors, simply by hearing them voice a character.

Ha no way I understand.I'm in progress of watching an anime called Nagasarete Airantou (good anime btw),and except for the one guy and one of the girls,I can't tell the difference between them.

Neither. German FTW.

I don't have any games with Japanese voice acting, so I guess I prefer English. It's nice to have the option to listen to both though.

Edited by J. Severe

I prefer English, but I don't mind Japanese if there are English subtitles and there isn't an English version of whatever I am playing or watching. After a while of listening to the voices and reading the subtitles, in my head, it sounds like the Japanese voice actors are speaking English instead of Japanese.

English, Japanese, Spanish, Chinese, Pig Latin ( :D)....doesn't matter to me as long as I can interpret it. UNLESS.....you're the Ocean company,,,and then I have to throw my TV out the window and clean out my EARDRUMS. :angry:

tutti frutti. I must be the only one who noticed that Lu Xun didn't do this poll for the day, not that I'm complaining in any particular way. Moving on to the thread at hand, I'm not really picky between Japanese and Enlish, though if I had more of a preference I would have to go more towards Japanese since their VAs seemed to have more emotion to their characters than the ones in English.