Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Terranort9406

KH3D KH3D only with English, French and German Subtitles

No problem for me, being a Brazilian....

Every time it's in English, so I'm used to it...

Go and learn english if you don't know it already

same here, the only one that I enjoyed in spanish was birth by sleep

Dont forget Mexico lol

Mexico and the rest of Central and South America. I mean... I know their Spanish can be as night and day as American English is to British English, but the point still stands: Spanish is spoken in more areas of the world than German, that's for sure. I know there are a lot of really awesome German fans (and excellent cosplayers), so I wouldn't want to deprive anybody of subtitles, really, but just saying.

Enough to where they have started a petition. xD

http://www.gopetitio...nd-italian.html this one? xD

That's the cost of getting it almost two weeks earlier than NA'ers... /shot

Oh please, as if 'NAers' haven't had KH games MONTHS before Europe before... :P Be fair. At least you're getting the MoM Edition, Europe gets nothing (other than France) and poor Italy and Spain don't even get localisation.

Edited by Xalaru

I don't have to worry about it, but as an opinionated person I can't help but critique this. From any standpoint, this makes absolutely no sense. The SE Team would have to be the biggest and laziest idiots ever. (And this is absolutely not the case) This decision can only hurt them financially and they missed out on thousands of sold games.

Not that I mind not being localised (I don't like dubs over dubs ~.~ Plus I prefer english) and everyone should know basic english (since well... it's english) but it feels like they have screwed Europe so much this time. Nothing special for us abt the 10th anniversary (NOT even mentioning the keychains that are still only abt France, aren't they? But even if not... MoM vs Keychain.... YEAH....) and instead they even stop doing the standard and do even less... What is this hatred agaisnt Europe? D:

I don't know why people are making a fuss over it. I live in middle east and they hardlymake a game for us,even if they made an arabic version it would suck. An i would play the english version

Wait, why French but not Spanish? Nobody speaks french anymore!

Plenty of people speak French, even me, altho I'm totally rusty! haha, I'd say Franch & Germany got a translation because they're the most affluent EU members. Its weird wen you think about it, a lot of Germans speak English!

This is a real dick move, its gotta be a budget issue or a logic thing I mean Europe has bought the smallest fraction of Kingdom Hearts yet requires the biggest effort in localisation! Even Kingdom Hearts II had a dub in EU languages! It could also be why the game is being released so early in America & Europe!

I can understand not dubbing it in those languages, but not even translating the in-game text?! That's just ridiculous! I'm lucky enough to have English as my first language, but that must really suck for people who don't know English. And why would they make it in German, but not Spanish? I thought more people spoke Spanish!

Lucky for those who speak English, really. I don't know if the cartridge will be multi language, so I'll rather import the UK version than buy it in Germany. Can't play anything but KH1 and KH2 (fantastic dubs) in German any more.

Definitely sucks for everyone in Spain and Italy who doesn't speak English, though. I imagine most long-time fans are in their twenties now and speak English, but it's a shame that so many kids will miss out on a good game because of budgeting issues.

There were really fantastic voice actors in KH and KH2, no question. And I don't know your playing habits, but after playing KH in Japanese and English for a lot longer than I played it in German during the first years, I just couldn't go back any more.

Why "hatred"? We're just not as big of a market, it seems. It looks very mainstream, having big companies behind it, but KH is very niche. I think they have trouble marketing it to anyone but fans and kids, and kids these days aren't really into this stuff any more. =(

Imagine they would have done something like this back in 2002. How many of us wouldn't be here? I know I didn't speak a single word of English back then. Scary thought.

How many Spanish/Italian fans of KH are there anyhow?

Here you have a great spanish KH fan.

Seriously, I don't really mind that it comes in English, but I know a lot of people who will not buy the game because of that.

This is ridiculous. I speak English, but I still don't think it's fair...especially since there are a LOT of Spanish fans, and I'm sure there's a lot of Italian fans too. Just getting the English with subtitles isn't the same as having the game in your own language. Square Enix is just trying to release the game as quickly as possible.

Doesn't really matter, at least to me, I'm Chilean and my first language is Spanish (Well, our peculiar spanish...) , but I have a very good English level. Plus, I've played every kingdom Hearts in English, including BBS, and understood all ~

That's really stupid. I mean, really, they didn't even localize the subtitles and menus? I can't really think of any reason they would do this, except for maybe laziness, or possibly rushing to localize the game.

Allon enfants de la patrie~ :D

I'm happy to know the country I live on will ahave a translation.

And well, for Spanish and Italian people... That's too bad. But life still go on, no need to complain. (Yeah, it's easy for me to say, as I'll have the game in french, I know.)