Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

What do you think about celebrities doing voice acting in games?

What do you think about celebrities doing voice acting in games?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about celebrities doing voice acting in games?

• I love it, a big-name celebrity brings more respect to the game.
    • I like it, the right voice can really make a game shine.
    • It's okay, but no-name voices usually do just as well.
    • I don't care, I've never paid that much attention to voices.
    • I hate it, a too-familiar voice ruins the experience.

As long as they're good. Someone should have told whoever casted Terra.

Fixed your post :D

--

I like when someone who's not a celebrity voices. I just like being surprised by voices I've never heard. But I really don't care in the end as long as the voice is faaaaaaaaaaaaabulous

Idc rly since I've never paid attention to who was who but as long it fits the chara they are doing and it's good, I am totally ok with this~

Fixed your post :D

--

I like when someone who's not a celebrity voices. I just like being surprised by voices I've never heard. But I really don't care in the end as long as the voice is faaaaaaaaaaaaabulous

No, I meant what I said. Terra's voice actor was terrible, but Aqua's wasn't horrible, but it wasn't that good. Also, her voice just didn't sound feminine enough to me. If you ask me, Crispin Freeman would have been perfect for Terra.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk8QjtYcalM&feature=related

And Kari Wahlgren would have been perfect for Aqua.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uyyRIpAqjY

No, I meant what I said. Terra's voice actor was terrible, but Aqua's wasn't horrible, but it wasn't that good. Also, her voice just didn't sound feminine enough to me. If you ask me, Crispin Freeman would have been perfect for Terra.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk8QjtYcalM&feature=related

And Kari Wahlgren would have been perfect for Aqua.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uyyRIpAqjY

I'm actually not so sure if I would've liked Crispin Freeman as Terra. Don't get me wrong, I love Crispin Freeman and his many roles, but I don't think that his voice would've fit. Although, I definitely agree with Kari Wahlgren as Aqua. Idk, maybe it's just because I'm fine with Jason Dohring asTerra, but I hate Aqua's voice actor for Aqua.

The best thing is that more people are usually interested if they are not usually gamers when you have big celebrities doing voice acting. My family and I were watching one of the Final Fantasy movies and my parents were amazed at the number of well known (at least for them anyways) voice actors in it. I think that as long as the voice fits it should sound good no matter what.

Having a celebrity doesn't give the game respect really, I mean their voices make the game shine but common even games with no celebrities can kick ass :D

Edited by Libirica

'It's okay, but no-name voices usually do just as well.'

I don't care who it is, as long as they suit the role and actually put effort into making the character come alive.