Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
legendkiller222

HD remakes before KH3?

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get HD remakes of KH 1, KH2, KH BBS, and KH 3D before the release of KH3?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I was thinking about how long the series has gone on and that maybe there should be HD remakes on the most important KH games before the release of three. I mean not everyone was able to even play BBS or 3D and they are important games to the KH story. Also, KH 1 and 2 have been out for so long that new comers to the series won't be able to really understand whats going on.

Another option is to have like a theater mode similar to that of Yakuza 3 when it did a summary of cutscenes for the previous games.

Okay, a few things I would like to say aboutyour post:

1. Why would KH3D have an HD port if it's exclusive to the 3DS and an entirely new KH game? That would just bring down the point of owning a 3DS and wouldn't be good business-wise.

2. If I remember right, Nomura did state that there was some kind of function in KH3D that gives newcomers of the KH franchise a recap of what has happened in other KH titles to give a better understanding of the story.

Depends on what Sony is planning on doing with their next gen console :/

And what does that even have to do with porting KH1, KH2 and (maybe) BBS onto the PS3? If I remember right, Nomura did state that he was looking into having a HD collection of the past KH titles (mainly the main games) and was testing out how it would work. But he doesn't have any time currently to work with doing that. Plus, let me just add that not every game that comes out for Sony's consoles isn't always Sony's choice.

YES,it shouldn't delay KH3 too much.The biggest reason is so we have a theater mode for KH 1 and 2.I loved it in Re:CoM,and I would LOVE to have it in KH 1 and 2.Not so much did I love theater mode in days and Re:coded,just because they didn't include the text-only cutscenes,and we all know how many cinimatic cutscenes there were in days and Re:coded,they REALLY should have included the text only cutscenes.

Edited by Matthew

Maybe. I would love to see HD remakes sometime in the future, but it won't break my heart if they don't happen before KH3, if at all. If making them would delay KH3, then I say no way! Besides, I've already played every one of the games in the series, so if the HD remakes don't happen, it's not like I'll be missing any crucial parts of the story when KH3 finally comes out. :D

tutti frutti. To me it would make more sense to do that for the PS3. I find this a far better way than with mere cutscenes. Plus those that play the games have a much more detailed description of what's going on in the game as opposed to cutscenes or word of mouth of what's going on storywise. Also, it's good for those that want something extra content to tide them over until VersusXIII is done so that KH3 could be worked on.

I don't see why Dream Drop Distance should be remade when it will most likely still be new, I can see KH and KH2 and maybe along with Re:CoM, and hopefully it would have the Final Mix extras in them, but most likely won't :/. BbS, yeah maybe again if they put the Final Mix extras in it, and hopefully maybe then the multiplayer will work over the PSN instead of just local, so I would like that to happen if they make an HD collection, and im sure it won't hold back KH3 that much or probably not at all for that matter, I don't think you need the main team to make a game into HD but I don't know how that process works but still. Hopefully they make an HD collection of at least KH CoM and KH2 if they add BbS that would be cool and if they add the Final Mix extras that would be better, but if not, I will still get it anyway. I just hope they don't make a Dream Drop Distance Final Mix :/

HD remakes? I honestly love the Kingdom Hearts quality, in almost every game, i just hate god damn Days and Coded, so if there should be some ''HD remake'', Days should definitely got HD'd.

I hate the DS graphic quality, i hate it.

I don't think we'll see BBS, 358Days, or DDD getting HD remakes for the simple fact that those KH games are suppose to be exclusives. think about this for a second the single reason why some of us bought a PSP, DS, and 3DS in the first place was because of those KH games. If we saw an HD remake of one of these games they would no longer be exclusive & buying BBS, 358days, or DDD on the handhelds would then be pointless & some of us would feel we bought the handhelds for nothing. Don't get me wrong I would love to see a HD remake of any of these games, but I think it's unlikely that we will. the only KH games that could actually get an HD remake would be either KH1 or KH2. However, if getting an HD remake means it'll postpones KH3 then I like most of us don't want an HD remake. I think the new comers of the series could just pick up DDD's if they wanted to but before they play the game check the Memoir to get caught up on whats happening in the story so far. That's why Nomura included that feature in DDD.

Honestly, the way things are going, it wouldn't surprise (Look at all if the ports there are already! Look at them!)

But the problem is that unlike most other games that have been ported, KH games are cinematic heavy, and very extensive. Doing things like remaster textures will take far longer for a single KH game than all 3 Jak and Daxters, or Slys. And keep in mind people want KH1, KH2, CoM, and Birth By Sleep (Usually some combination of three of those)

To put this in context, note that Final Fantasy X is getting and HD port. It's not Final Fantas X, X-2 and XII, it'ws just X, and it's taking a LOT longer than the other games.

Still, I feel like Birth By Sleep is the most likely to get an HD port, if any.

I don't see why Dream Drop Distance should be remade when it will most likely still be new, I can see KH and KH2 and maybe along with Re:CoM, and hopefully it would have the Final Mix extras in them, but most likely won't :/. BbS, yeah maybe again if they put the Final Mix extras in it, and hopefully maybe then the multiplayer will work over the PSN instead of just local, so I would like that to happen if they make an HD collection, and im sure it won't hold back KH3 that much or probably not at all for that matter, I don't think you need the main team to make a game into HD but I don't know how that process works but still. Hopefully they make an HD collection of at least KH CoM and KH2 if they add BbS that would be cool and if they add the Final Mix extras that would be better, but if not, I will still get it anyway. I just hope they don't make a Dream Drop Distance Final Mix :/

The reason I think KH3D should be remade for the ps3 or whatever console KH3 is going to be release on is the fact that not all people got to play it. No More Heroes is an example of a game that was ported to the ps3 and is recently new. I think it would make sense for them to do so because KH3D is vital to the KH storyline. CoM/Days/Coded (somewhat are but not as much as KH3D) I can live with a theater mode for them, but would of course like them as well. BBS is just as important as KH 1 and 2 and the psp is done with now so that can be done on a Sony console easily. I just made this topic with the idea that people who are new to the series won't be too eager to play the games if they see how much they missed out on. Its harder to get into a series if you don't know what the firetruck is going on, especially with this series. Square probably will want to do this to increase sales of KH3.

The only problem I see to those HD remakes (at least for the first game) is the Deep Jungle situation. They would need to negociate with Tarzan's copyright owner(s), and I don't think they should have a HD remake if they are not able to include it.

Here's why they won't remake KH3D in HD:

The 3DS is just new. The reason HD collections of old titles are released, is because there's an entire generation out there that doesn't own a PS2 (their loss... my opinion). So a remake would at least have to contain KH1&2, and then either BBS or Re:COM, although the latter obviously already has been remade. I'd prefer BBS.