Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Collective_Restraint

Why doesn't SE do a KickStarter to do a KH HD Collection ?

I mean, the series is so spread out all over the place on different consoles, when can we expect a HD remake of them ? Especially with the number of years where console players have been completely shunned. If Tim Schafer can gather over 3 millions for an unamed point and click game, how much would SE get for a HD collection on consoles ? On top of that, why not put the Final Mixes on them so that America can finally play them ?

Heck hire a third party, it's not like they could damage the series by make them less KH-y, they're HD remakes !

Damn, I'm tempted to start a KickStarter myself so that I can start a third party company and knock on SE's door with the money in my hands to buy the rights to do the freakin remakes myself !

Well, SE said that they are too busy with a lot of other project so they don't have the time do an HD port/remake of the past KH games (KH1&KH2). Although i think that maybe after they have the time for more project, then they will do a KH HD collection,. Though i think that it will be more of a HD port rather than a remake. Because if they remake them, it could take years.

Quite simply, I feel that Square Enix would view Kickstarter as 'beneath them' I doubt they'd ever do something like that.

And uh... do you have any idea how expensive the rights to Kingdom Hearts most likely are? I mean, with it comes rights to MOST Disney characters.

Just shows how SE is oblivious on how to make money and hwta their fans really want. Yeah, I want KH3 as much as everybody else but when it'll come out, I'll have missed so much story that I won't understand at all what KH3 is about. Pretty much like when I played KH2 without knowing about CoM.

As for the rights to KH, SE already owns it. It's not like hiring a third party to do HD ports or whatever wouldn't be feasible.

Just shows how SE is oblivious on how to make money and hwta their fans really want. Yeah, I want KH3 as much as everybody else but when it'll come out, I'll have missed so much story that I won't understand at all what KH3 is about. Pretty much like when I played KH2 without knowing about CoM.

As for the rights to KH, SE already owns it. It's not like hiring a third party to do HD ports or whatever wouldn't be feasible.

No, it shows that Square Enix is a professional business. Clearly they know how to make money, because they are a publisher.

No, it shows that Square Enix is a professional business. Clearly they know how to make money, because they are a publisher.

The problem is not about making money, it's about the fact they could take smarter decisions to make more money. They haven't had a dime from me for quite a few years now. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.