Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
XXR

KH3D List of KH3D OST titles (Full Version)

Alright, I think I want to give my take on the KH3D music:

Traverse Town: I like the original field music better, but I like this one, too, because it sorta has a lullaby feel to it, which goes with the dream aspect of the game. As for the battle music, I like it, but it just doesn't seem to match Traverse Town. If they went through the trouble of bringing back such a nostalgic world, they shouldn't have even bother changing the music and just stuck with Hand In Hand.

La Cite des Cloches: I know THOND was epic, but damn! This music is way too unnecessarily epic. I think the music in the worlds shouldn't just reflect the worlds, but the characters themselves. The field music of ED sounds perfect for Maleficent's home world, and while the battle music was bouncy, it worked because it contrasted because of the other characters in that movie i.e. the fairies. The same with Disney Town. The field music is fun and Disneyland-ish, but the battle music is perfectly epic for the world of a keyblade wielder, even if it is Mickey Mouse. I like the field music to this because of Frollo, but because of the gypsies, they should have had a less epic battle music. In comparison to Blue Nocturne, the field musics are equally good, but BN had the better battle music.

The Grid: When I first heard the field music, I couldn't stop bopping my head. The problem with this music is that it sounds more like music for the Tron: Legacy video game than for KH. The battle music, on the other hand, is the single worst piece of music in the series. It just sounds like a jumbled mess of digital sound effects. I like the field music more than Space Paranoids, and while I think the battle music to Space Paranoids is just meh, it's a masterpiece compared to The Grid's. Yoko should just leave the techno to Dubstep and Daft Punk.

Prankster's Paradise: I have to give them props on bringing back the Monstro music. It added a nice nostalgic touch. As for the field music, While HOND was unnecessarily epic and The Grid was generically techno, this is just overly whimsy. I know Pinocchio is a lighthearted character, but this is just overdoing it. The battle music sounds like she's at least trying, but it's not as good as it should have been. Like Cape Mario said, they should have used Little Wooden Head.

Country of the Musketeers: I've listened to the music for The Grid way more than I listened to the music from CotM, and that's only because the music for The Grid is not memorable. I've listened to the CotM music like 3 or 4 times and I still remember it. This is what I'm talking about. The music in the KH series always had personality, and these tracks definitely have it. This is one of the only field and battle musics that lives up to the standard of previous KH games and is the best field and battle musics in the game.

Symphony of Sorcery: While at first I was complaining that Keyblade Graveyard didn't have a battle music, I got used to it because it set the ambiance for the world. While I like the field/battle music formula for KH, I think it's genius to use the music from Fantasia like this, and I can't argue against using such classics.

The World That Never Was: This has to be Yoko's biggest musical mess-up since, well, The Grid battle music. The field and battle music used in KH2 was perfect. There was no need to change it at all, especially to some generic epic music.

I've never played TWEWY, but I love the Calling remix and I think it's better than the original, but the other ones aren't that good, especially Twister, which sucks, and am I the only one who thinks the beginning sounds like Sexy and I Know It?

I think Uncle Dolan put it best:

I'm voting DDD for the worst Kingdom Hearts soundtrack. Yoko, you've lost your spot as my favorite composer after composing such trash. I hear god-damn Garageband samples. Well, Hello Takeharu Ishimoto! Hope Yoko doesn't mind you taking her spot...

Then there's this:

Meh, I'm not interested in music that sounds good while I'm playing. I want music that sounds good in SPITE of me playing. Music I can just listen to by itself.

I still like Yoko but I think the problem is that it's rushed because of Nomura trying to make 1 KH game per year until KH3. Yoko didn't have time to fine-tune and perfect the music. To prove it, listen to this:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pISH7OSRnaE

Then listen to how she improved it:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ98hvyshp0&feature=related

It's a shame 'cause I think the KH music has been improving over the series and I was expecting a lot more, but this is a giant Groundshaker-sized step backwards.

Edited by Keyblade Master Xine

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU

tracks are so freeakkkin gooood

i highly recommend the game to anyone who hasnt played it yet

possibly the best game on the ds

I dont know what everyone is complaining about... I love the music for 'The Grid" I think its better than Space Paranoids's. that boop ba boop ba boop boop boop is SO ANNOYING! it grows on you though. I like the grids because it new and although its certanly not the best, its fresh!