Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

What resolution do you prefer to watch videos in online?

134 members have voted

1. 1. What resolution do you prefer to watch videos in online?

• 240p.
    • 360p.
    • 480p.
    • 576p.
    • 720p.
    • 1080p.

What resolution do you prefer to watch videos in online?

Personally I prefer 720p. Because it's fantastic quality while not being lag prone. And the internet is fully capable of supporting it unlike 1080p.

It was so obvious who created this poll even before I clicked on it lol

Anyways, I prefer 1080p, since it's the highest resolution. However, most videos online aren't in 1080p, so I'll watch them in 720p or whatever the highest resolution available is.

What the firetruck is 576p? The bastard child of 480p and 720p

"576p is the shorthand name for a video display resolution. The p stands for progressive scan, i.e. non-interlaced, the 576 for a vertical resolution of 576 lines, usually with a horizontal resolution of 720 or 704 pixels. The frame rate can be given explicitly after the letter.[1]"

"In other words, standard-definition television (SDTV) with a frame rate of 25 hertz. It can be used on analog PAL or SECAM systems (as a 576i signal with both interlaced fields corresponding to a unique frame). PALplus supports it via a "movie" mode signal flag. It can also be transported by both major digital television formats, ATSC and DVB and on DVD."

"With doubled temporal resolution, 576p50 is considered enhanced-definition television (EDTV). In some countries, such as Australia, the 576p resolution standard is technically considered high-definition and was in use by the Special Broadcasting Service (SBS TV) (16÷9 the format has aspect ratio 1024:576), eventually replaced by 720p for its high-definitionsubchannel. The Seven Network initially used 576p for its high-definition subchannel, which now uses 1080i instead."

:)

It was so obvious who created this poll even before I clicked on it lol

This xD

I normally watch videos online in 360p due to how much it lags mainly cuz I always have 6 - tabs open and usually half of them are youtube xP

"576p is the shorthand name for a video display resolution. The p stands for progressive scan, i.e. non-interlaced, the 576 for a vertical resolution of 576 lines, usually with a horizontal resolution of 720 or 704 pixels. The frame rate can be given explicitly after the letter.[1]"

"In other words, standard-definition television (SDTV) with a frame rate of 25 hertz. It can be used on analog PAL or SECAM systems (as a 576i signal with both interlaced fields corresponding to a unique frame). PALplus supports it via a "movie" mode signal flag. It can also be transported by both major digital television formats, ATSC and DVB and on DVD."

"With doubled temporal resolution, 576p50 is considered enhanced-definition television (EDTV). In some countries, such as Australia, the 576p resolution standard is technically considered high-definition and was in use by the Special Broadcasting Service (SBS TV) (16÷9 the format has aspect ratio 1024:576), eventually replaced by 720p for its high-definitionsubchannel. The Seven Network initially used 576p for its high-definition subchannel, which now uses 1080i instead."

:)

Only you would know this.