Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Koko

people make me rage

hi, this is sort of rant/wakeup call for anyone who thinks this way

im tired of guys or anyone in general thinking that if they think girls look better without makeup, that they're THE BEST PERSON EVER

you're not

shut up

you're not special

it's a PREFERENCE

it's not a fact

i prefer for my girls to look presentable and nice, and if that requires makeup, so be it.

what was brought upon this?

a dumb post and stupid teen made thinking he's so great for telling girls that they dont need makeup to look beautiful

yes his intentions are good

but jesus christ

let me just quote the post as well as analyzing it a bit

Dear teenage girls;

patheticand0rdinary:

Why do you all feel the need to smother yourself with makeup?

some girls like wearing makeup. its not a need, it's a choice and we are definitely past the time where men made decisions for us. we have the choice of wearing makeup or not. it's really not any of your concern.

Yes, it makes you look cheap and hot. But when we look at you….all we think is “damn”

makeup doesnt make me cheap. and i dont think it makes me look hot either. IT MAKES ME FEEL PRETTY AND PRESENTABLE. GOD FORBID I WANT TO LOOK NICE

Whereas if I see a girl walking down the street, in old clothes, hair messy and pulled back and with no make up….I think “wow, she clearly has confidence and doesn’t feel the need to change her appearance because she isn’t shallow.”

thats awesome for her, but there is a difference between confidence and not caring about your appearance. sometimes it's laziness. and sometimes they dont care. they can be confident or they cant. i personally feel very confident with makeup. and just because girls wear makeup, doesn't make them shallow. this is where 'don't judge a book by its cover comes in'

You girls need to grow up because with an inch of make up….you are just screaming to get used for sex and to get firetrucked over completely. Not our fault….you give us the wrong impression. When you dress like that….do you really think we give a shit about your personality….because it is clearly shallow.

AND THIS MY FRIENDS IS WHERE firetruckING RAPE CULTURE COMES FROM. JUST BECAUSE I WEAR MAKEUP DOES NOT MAKE ME A SLUT. IT DOES NOT MEAN I WANT TO BE USED FOR SEX. AND IT DOES NOT MEAN I AM ASKING FOR ANYTHING.

that last paragraph is what makes me mad

NO

GIRL

DESERVES

OR ASKS

TO BE USED FOR SEX

NO ONE ASKS TO BE RAPED

discuss i guess

I think people forget the wearing makeup is a cultural thing. In some countries women don't wear makeup, or only wear it for special occasions. In many western countries woman have to wear makeup for their job to look professional. It's also expected of women to look their best. It's hard for us in our culture to go without wearing makeup and be socially accepted. That's really the reasoning behind it. This guy clearly doesn't understand this and just assumes we are doing it for shallow reasons -.-

I honestly don't care if a girl wears makeup...unless they're the ones that look like they just layed on their back and poured the whole jar on their face...that kinda annoys me, but one of my friends, who I've know for an insanely long time did that and I never really said anything, because that was her decission. She liked how she looked with all that on, at least I hope she did...but that's not the point, honestly, I don't like society much so I blame that...not really those who follow it...

Honestly, I never look at things like clothes, makeup or high heels.

I just think all people should be who they are and HOW they are.

And I think the person's goal in the text was to actually, show how

Never mind I hadn't read the paragraph before the one in bold.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

Koko what you have to understand(I'm pretty sure you do actually) is that people have their own opinions. So I get that you want to rant/vent about it here, but using the term "wake-up call" doesn't really work because if people think like this, then they're going to continue to think like this.

This guy, I hate to say it, is a typical guy. Like, I now go to College in the city and during my daily commute I can't tell you how many guys I have seen turn around to stare at a women walking by. Now I'm not saying that I don't do that at all, because I do occasionally, but I'm not one of those guys who is walking in the opposite direction of a girl who passes by and turns around to stop and stare.

Now to talk about the guy's comments. So, what this guy is saying, to me, is wrong. I don't look at a girl in makeup and say "damn". I honestly don't look at women and think about sex(right away), I actually think is she dateable first(this is actually true haha), THEN I think about stuff like that.

When it comes to makeup I prefer the girls that I'M WITH to wear as little as possible, but I don't really care about what any other girl does.

So I'm not sure if I'm coming across as defending this guy, agreeing with you, or in my own little area but this is what I think.

Personally, I don't care either way about makeup. I think if it fits them, and that want to, then by all means they can go ahead. . . But just to make themselves look like something they're not to get a different opinion thought of them by others, or even just to impress someone is extremely shallow. By all means, people should look presentable in public, but too much of a "good" thing definitely has negative effects. The choice should be made by the individual's own opinions, not another's :P From what I've seen in our current culture, this is not the case, and it saddens me deeply :P It seems as though we are heading more toward this shallow state of mind, rather than making decisions for one's own self.

Make-up is a decision. Never too much, but never too less, for girls who like to wear it. Confidence is something most people don't have, in this world we live in, this "stage" where we play our roles clumsily. Some are better actors/actresses than others, getting main roles due to their beauty. What guys who don't like girls who wear make-up are trying to say, in their shy way, is that, no matter what you wear, if you at least show your true face, your true "role" in this world, we won't judge you. One time. Only time without make-up is enough. I wouldn't mind falling in love with a girl who wears make-up, as long she at least let's me see her face clean without any products in it. (cus really? who wants to kiss someone who's wearing things that could kill you by ingestion? xD)

Koko what you have to understand(I'm pretty sure you do actually) is that people have their own opinions. So I get that you want to rant/vent about it here, but using the term "wake-up call" doesn't really work because if people think like this, then they're going to continue to think like this.

This guy, I hate to say it, is a typical guy. Like, I now go to College in the city and during my daily commute I can't tell you how many guys I have seen turn around to stare at a women walking by. Now I'm not saying that I don't do that at all, because I do occasionally, but I'm not one of those guys who is walking in the opposite direction of a girl who passes by and turns around to stop and stare.

Now to talk about the guy's comments. So, what this guy is saying, to me, is wrong. I don't look at a girl in makeup and say "damn". I honestly don't look at women and think about sex(right away), I actually think is she dateable first(this is actually true haha), THEN I think about stuff like that.

When it comes to makeup I prefer the girls that I'M WITH to wear as little as possible, but I don't really care about what any other girl does.

So I'm not sure if I'm coming across as defending this guy, agreeing with you, or in my own little area but this is what I think.

I'm just trying to get the point across

You don't have to tell every girl out there that they don't need to wear make-up

In the end, it might be your personal opinion/preference but the way this jerk worded it not only did he promote victim blaming but he basically called out any girl who does wear makeup.

And yeah you're agreeing with me, you're just telling me people have their own opinions, but what I'm trying to say

THERE'S A WAY TO SAY YOU LIKE OR DON'T LIKE SOMETHING WITHOUT BEING AN ASSHOLE LIKE THIS GUY (in my original post)

hi, this is sort of rant/wakeup call for anyone who thinks this way

im tired of guys or anyone in general thinking that if they think girls look better without makeup, that they're THE BEST PERSON EVER

you're not

shut up

you're not special

it's a PREFERENCE

it's not a fact

i prefer for my girls to look presentable and nice, and if that requires makeup, so be it.

what was brought upon this?

a dumb post and stupid teen made thinking he's so great for telling girls that they dont need makeup to look beautiful

yes his intentions are good

but jesus christ

let me just quote the post as well as analyzing it a bit

that last paragraph is what makes me mad

NO

GIRL

DESERVES

OR ASKS

TO BE USED FOR SEX

NO ONE ASKS TO BE RAPED

discuss i guess

granted that guy is an arrogant little s#$% who just wants to hear himself be heard,but just ignore him.its like my friend whos arrogant enough to be act really rascist.hes ignorant and refuses to learn cuz he thinks he right all the time.just ignore em though they honestly arent worth it.

and i think my girlfriend abby is beautiful with or without makeup xD