Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
roxas-rei

Death Penalty

Death Penalty  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Death Penalty right?

• No, it's just wrong...
    • No, (for another reason, please explain)
    • Yes, because will create a just world.
    • Yes, (for another reason, please explain)
    • I don't know!!! DX

I have to write an essay on the Death Penalty, and I was just wondering what you all thought about it.

To be honest, I'm not really sure what to think about it myself...

Have any of you ever read or watched "Dead Man Walking?"

There's no Death Penalty here in Brazil, so I don't know very much if it's good or not. But in my opinion, it would be better if here had Death Penalty, because in a survey, it was stated that Brazil is one of the most violent countries in the world D:

I think they should apply Death Penalty only to Serial Killers or very dangerous criminals.

I don't believe in the Death Penalty mostly because the justice system is very flawed.

Honestly, it WOULD be a good thing, but many innocent people have been sentenced to this because the legal system messes up. So personally, I believe that until they can perfect the system, they shouldn't be using it yet.

the death penalty it really all depends myself i think it is a good thing to have under the right reason like cereal kill who have killed like three people or more and who plan to never stop they shouldnt be let off cause when there free they'll just go off doing wrong again

No, its wrong to kill people. You do not kill people unless it is absolutely necessary to kill someone, like if you are defending yourself and it is your last option. You aren't making the world better by killing people who kill people, you are just adding to the problem.

For me most of the time I would say it's wrong. However sometimes there are people that make mistakes in their lives that put innocent people in danger, most everyone deserves a chance at change but some people go so horribly wrong that it is a danger for them to be alive at all. That's why we need it I understand if people don't agree with it but someday without you even realizing it, it could save your life.

The Death Penality is right, Mainly because most terriorist's/ cereal killers/ pedos/ and what ever there is out there doing crimes then to jail for some years do end up doing more crime, now if the death from someone was because they were defending themself thats diffrent but if someone has more crimes against other people he/she should be put to death, even if death is cruel and is not unusual, It should happen. It would put more fear into those that do crimes and make them think before they do knowing they might be put to death than just going to jail for 20+ years or life. But as a lot of people would see it to be wrong probebly won't happen. I wish it would

The Death Penality is right, Mainly because most terriorist's/ cereal killers/ pedos/ and what ever there is out there doing crimes then to jail for some years do end up doing more crime, now if the death from someone was because they were defending themself thats diffrent but if someone has more crimes against other people he/she should be put to death, even if death is cruel and is not unusual, It should happen. It would put more fear into those that do crimes and make them think before they do knowing they might be put to death than just going to jail for 20+ years or life. But as a lot of people would see it to be wrong probebly won't happen. I wish it would

First of all it's serial killers

not cereal

and second of all I kind of agree with you

The death penalty is not cruel and unusual. They're not using the electric chair anymore, and now THAT would be cruel if something were to go wrong (like the sponge was wet enough and the person was left there for minutes screaming while his skin burned and was electrocuted, opposed to like how they're supposed to die instantly from the charge frying their brain' but they're using injections mostly.

Again my beliefs of the death penalty is that it shouldn't be put in action until there are no flaws in our system.

But the death penalty is fair. If it was to given more frequently to serious offenders (not to everyone but people who murder someone maliciously, pedophiles, rapists, serial killers) it may possibly scare others from making the same mistake??? That's just my thought.

Anyways I'd rather see a guilty murder dead than 5 innocent victims.

I live in Brazil, so we don't have it here.

But I think the government should begin to think about putting it in our criminal system.

Things are just getting worse and worse :( There's just too make innocent people getting killed!

If you turn the tv on here, you'll see in one journal that like, 20 people have been killed, or are seriously injured. It's getting nowhere. People are afraid of going to the streets and not coming back to their homes anymore.

If they used the death penalty, things would, at least, appear to be better, because it wouldn't be any idiot teenager that kills his girlfriend, and then is killed. People would have a bigger chance of surviving.

So, yeah, I'm completely in favor of Death Penalty.

I believe that it is useful, but it should be used in only extreme crimes such as (serial) killings and rape (especially of minors by adults)*. And even then, only when it is be proven beyond reasonable doubt that they are guilty.

*Maybe more that fit the category. I just came up with two off the top of my head.

You know, it is ironic. I was just thinking about stuff like this. I think To Kill a Mockingbird might be the first book to ever really change my views on something...

well i agree with the death penalty. lets say your a killer. you killed 2 people, and you only get a 20 year sentence, and you serve, say 13 years. randomly, you kill 4 people this time. it doesnt matter if those 4 other are strangers or not, you killed them. then you should be put to death.

now, lets say your a rapist. you raped 1 person. you did your sentence, and your free. now, if you raped more people when you got out, and killed one of them, then they should be put to death.

well i agree with the death penalty. lets say your a killer. you killed 2 people, and you only get a 20 year sentence, and you serve, say 13 years. randomly, you kill 4 people this time. it doesnt matter if those 4 other are strangers or not, you killed them. then you should be put to death.

now, lets say your a rapist. you raped 1 person. you did your sentence, and your free. now, if you raped more people when you got out, and killed one of them, then they should be put to death.

Actually, usually murderers get life sentences, not a small 20 years :/ so that situation is kind of iffy, but there's also the chance of the person escaping.

also, rapists don't get penalized nearly enough, they definitely need more drastic sentences

Actually, usually murderers get life sentences, not a small 20 years :/ so that situation is kind of iffy, but there's also the chance of the person escaping.

also, rapists don't get penalized nearly enough, they definitely need more drastic sentences

well were i live theres different types of murder degrees, so that gives you different prison sentences

You know, I'm torn...

I agree with Fred in a way. Why should MY hard earned money go to these lowlife scumbag criminals who rape, steal and murder to get food, water and clothes?

Then I think, who is ANYONE to say when someone's life should end? Makes you no better than the person who killed the person they did to land them in jail.

Then I think, well, it's the "The Boondock Saints" where you're killing for a good reason. (Killing is wrong, but if you saw the movie you'd understand)

Then I feel like death is too "easy" at the same time. Let them suffer. Let them sit in a dirty, damp cell with rapists, murderers and others of their kind. They have to live in their own personal hell for the majority of their lives. Drugs, being raped in the bathroom (ever hear the expression "don't drop the soap?" lol it's awful but it does happen in jail), getting beaten up by other inmates, sometimes even murdered… Let them suffer and rot in their own personal hell.

So I'm kind of torn on the topic, ya know?

the death penatly goes against the whole idea of what a jail is supposed to do.

I don't think people deservse to die but that;s just my opinion i can see why people should die but what if you get death penatly for something to don't do.

Death should be up to God.

This right here ^

No one deserves to die. Everyone agrees killing someone is wrong, its murder. And just think, by giving someone a death sentence takes away their chance of changing and regretting what they've done as well. Then there's the falsely accused people too.

This right here ^

No one deserves to die. Everyone agrees killing someone is wrong, its murder. And just think, by giving someone a death sentence takes away their chance of changing and regretting what they've done as well. Then there's the falsely accused people too.

You,you me friend are smart and very,very true.