Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wolf on the Run

KH3D the games get darker as they go along

Nomura already firetrucked logic when he made the dull side of the keyblade sharp enough to cut through buildings. And let's face it, it won't look very different if you switch the way Sora swings. Pretty much any keyblade wielder moves way to fast to be able to tell.

Anyways, I'm getting the feeling that some people here don't understand two things

1- How force is distrubuted

2- Kingdom Hearts is a cartoony game.

Seriously, even if the opposite side of was an actual sword blade, it still makes more sense for Sora to hit with the dull end because there is NO cutting going on. You guys are craving a small graphical change so that you can claim KH is more violent, and that's just silly.

I don't want KH to be any more violent at all. I want it to be the way Nomura want's it.

Also I know the physical rules of force. I had my A level on that topic.

Also if you watch closer Sora is "slicing" through the enemies even tho' there is no actual cut. It's obvious because Sora is slashing with his sword from side to side without recoil. The only time the keyblade bounces back is when you hit a wall or any other solid part of your surroundings or your strikes are getting parried.

I don't want KH to be any more violent at all. I want it to be the way Nomura want's it.

Also if you watch closer Sora is "slicing" through the enemies even tho' there is no actual cut. It's obvious because Sora is slashing with his sword from side to side without recoil. The only time the keyblade bounces back is when you hit a wall or any other solid part of your surroundings or your strikes are getting parried.

Ture.

That's called animation limitations. Sora isn't really stabbing Riku through the ehad on Destiny Islands with his wooden sword.

It simply wouldn't look right if Sora's attack animations randomly 'stopped' to recreate a physical strike. Notice how there is absolutely no resistance when Sora slashes.

That's called animation limitations. Sora isn't really stabbing Riku through the ehad on Destiny Islands with his wooden sword.

It simply wouldn't look right if Sora's attack animations randomly 'stopped' to recreate a physical strike. Notice how there is absolutely no resistance when Sora slashes.

O.o

i don't know if i would say they get darker, i would say they are getting more mature

... How so?

Not disagreeing with you, I'm or curious, since the answer is usually different with each person.

When you strike with the keyblade it's still meant to be a slash like a sword instead of a hit like a club. You gotta agree on that.

And that would be the proof that striking with the sharper side would be more efficient.

When you strike with the keyblade it's still meant to be a slash like a sword instead of a hit like a club. You gotta agree on that.

And that would be the proof that striking with the sharper side would be more efficient.

Swords don't slash through things like that. And a sword is also CONSISTENTLY sharp. With a keyblade, you're talking about odd shapes, not a thing blade. That 'Get a small part of the weapon stuck in the enemy, and not be able to get it back out' sharp, not 'Slice through things' sharp.

Swords don't slash through things like that. And a sword is also CONSISTENTLY sharp. With a keyblade, you're talking about odd shapes, not a thing blade. That 'Get a small part of the weapon stuck in the enemy, and not be able to get it back out' sharp, not 'Slice through things' sharp.

Then again: building slashing

Some keyblades like the oathkeeper do have a sharp edge. If you pay atention to the animations, they are always cutting through stuff with the "dull" side, that is, the side opposite to the crown.

The keyblade was made just like if it were a Katana, the japanese one-edged sword. If they used the side of the crown, it would be an ax, not a sword.

R u saying ur evil Sora.

Sora will just get his darkness to grow larger, not so much to make him evil, but enough to change his too-good personality. And he will have a gone-crazy moment and do some shit.

Sora will just get his darkness to grow larger, not so much to make him evil, but enough to change his too-good personality. And he will have a gone-crazy moment and do some shit.

Yea but only a little.

lol ture but your rite hes 2 good.

Yeah. He is starting to piss me off. He's too good and is still too naïve. I'd like he were more like Neku. But I still love him.

SORAAAAAA, go get darker and more mature.

Imagine if he starts using the keyblade with one of the hands in his pocket with that eye sight of Neku. (staring at you with a cold eye sight)

When he readies his keyblade he is not cool at all, almost on four legs in KH I. A bit better in KHII, but not quite enough for me.

Yeah. He is starting to piss me off. He's too good and is still too naïve. I'd like he were more like Neku. But I still love him.

Imagine if he starts using the keyblade with one of the hands in his pocket with that eye sight of Neku. (staring at you with a cold eye sight)

When he readies his keyblade he is not cool at all, almost on four legs in KH I. A bit better in KHII, but not quite enough for me.

Yea this is sparta.

... How so?

Not disagreeing with you, I'm or curious, since the answer is usually different with each person.

All of the games have been"dark" in a sense. removing princesses hearts to open up a door seems pretty dark to me, however they are getting more mature because of the fact that there seems to be more "deaths" throughout the series, which there always was but there are more happening

This topic is kind of silly. There are several rather rediculous ideas floating around in this thread I will try my best to address each one logically.

1/ Sora should use the Keytip when he attacks

This concept alone doesnt make much sense. The Keytip is purely ornamental, it is meant to look pretty not to add power to the weapon. If Sora were to hit someone with that part of the weapon it would likely either snap off or get stuck in his opponent, therefore kind of silly when placed in context of his combo based fighting style.

2/ Sora's attacks dont bounce back because it would be too difficult of a battle animation.

I am not entirely sure that Heartless are completely solid. They are physical manifestations of darkness.

3/ The games are getting darker as they go on.

Someone said earlier, and I am too lazy to go back and look for a name, that they arent getting darker they are getting more mature. I believe this to be a more accurate conclusion. The KH games have always been really dark even KH1 was jet black if you read the Ansem reports. But one thing I have noticed is Nomura tugging at the ropes as Disney is slowly loosening their grip on the series. So, I expect that as disney slowly backs off we will see Sora getting older and gaining abilities more similar to and on par with the FF characters.

4/ KH needs blood

Final Fantasy doesnt even have blood majority of the time, why would Final Fantasy Junior have it?

5/ Sora is going to fall to darkness.

*sigh* This is the most asinine notion I have heard since fan girls decided Sora and Riku were a homosexual pairing. Sora is Light. That is his character. He is the purest definition of the word Paladin. He has been on a near genocidal rampage against anything even remotely unkind. This is the reason why Riku didnt return to his friend's side after escaping the realm of darkness. He didnt think he could look Sora in the eye after having weilded the Darkness. Sora would sh*t balls of light if Disney would allow a bathroom scene.

It has been pointed out to me that Sora now wears Vanitas' colors and has an X on his outfit. Allow me to dismiss this notion with a simple finger point in the direction of his other costumes. Sora has ALWAYS worn black and red. And if you look at his KH2 outfit I have counted no less than 6 Xs on there and I know there are more. Sora's new outfit is a combination of his KH1 and KH2 outfits for the sake of asthetic pleasure.

This topic is kind of silly. There are several rather rediculous ideas floating around in this thread I will try my best to address each one logically.

1/ Sora should use the Keytip when he attacks

This concept alone doesnt make much sense. The Keytip is purely ornamental, it is meant to look pretty not to add power to the weapon. If Sora were to hit someone with that part of the weapon it would likely either snap off or get stuck in his opponent, therefore kind of silly when placed in context of his combo based fighting style.

2/ Sora's attacks dont bounce back because it would be too difficult of a battle animation.

I am not entirely sure that Heartless are completely solid. They are physical manifestations of darkness.

3/ The games are getting darker as they go on.

Someone said earlier, and I am too lazy to go back and look for a name, that they arent getting darker they are getting more mature. I believe this to be a more accurate conclusion. The KH games have always been really dark even KH1 was jet black if you read the Ansem reports. But one thing I have noticed is Nomura tugging at the ropes as Disney is slowly loosening their grip on the series. So, I expect that as disney slowly backs off we will see Sora getting older and gaining abilities more similar to and on par with the FF characters.

4/ KH needs blood

Final Fantasy doesnt even have blood majority of the time, why would Final Fantasy Junior have it?

*sigh* This is the most asinine notion I have heard since fan girls decided Sora and Riku were a homosexual pairing. Sora is Light. That is his character. He is the purest definition of the word Paladin. He has been on a near genocidal rampage against anything even remotely unkind. This is the reason why Riku didnt return to his friend's side after escaping the realm of darkness. He didnt think he could look Sora in the eye after having weilded the Darkness. Sora would sh*t balls of light if Disney would allow a bathroom scene.

It has been pointed out to me that Sora now wears Vanitas' colors and has an X on his outfit. Allow me to dismiss this notion with a simple finger point in the direction of his other costumes. Sora has ALWAYS worn black and red. And if you look at his KH2 outfit I have counted no less than 6 Xs on there and I know there are more. Sora's new outfit is a combination of his KH1 and KH2 outfits for the sake of asthetic pleasure.

All ture.

i think it would be so - EPIC, BEAST, KILLER, PIMP, AND AWESOME - if soras fighting style changed to one handed wielding with a relaxed nature http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.png

I don't see the story getting darker since KH1.

I just see Traverse getting more colorful xD

On top of that... where the iihell do you see blood when Xehanort stabs Braig?

Apart from the fact that if you get sliced by the keyblade you don't bleed but your heart is set free.

lol thats what im saying. But if u look closly it looks like aquas stabing them?

"Darkness will become Light and Light will fall into Darkness"

That's what is written in DDD oficial Japanese site. You said Sora is Light? Yes, he is. And he will fall into Darkness.

i think it would be so - EPIC, BEAST, KILLER, PIMP, AND AWESOME - if soras fighting style changed to one handed wielding with a relaxed nature http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.png

So you want Sora to become Tidus? Why not just add Tidus as a party member?

"Darkness will become Light and Light will fall into Darkness"

That's what is written in DDD oficial Japanese site. You said Sora is Light? Yes, he is. And he will fall into Darkness.

Xehanort has returned, and he is more powerful than anything Sora has faced before. He is going to crush the more resilient worlds. Light will fall into darkness. What is the most "Light" location we have encountered in our travels? Disney Castle, "The Cornerstone of Light", will fall to Xehanort while Sora and Riku are undergoing their test. Use your head, Tetsuya Nomura has never been so shallow as to completely defy the character profile he created. To have Sora fall to Darkness, and Riku become light completely defies everything he has established about the charcters thus far, rendering all of the efforts in character development up until this point null and void.