Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wolf on the Run

KH3D the games get darker as they go along

okay i finally saw the ddd trailer today from tgs and first thing i noticed is that it looks like ever since kh1 the game series has been getting darker as we go along cause now were seeing people doing and now murder i could swear i saw blood when Xahanort stabbed Braig like so who else thinks this

I don't think there was blood. But it does keep darking maybe because all of the fans keep getting older. lol

Yeah, that seems to be the most logical reason. Actually, as we are now adolescents, games in this style like KHDDD are what we like.

I don't see the story getting darker since KH1.

I just see Traverse getting more colorful xD

On top of that... where the hell do you see blood when Xehanort stabs Braig?

Apart from the fact that if you get sliced by the keyblade you don't bleed but your heart is set free.

Oh KH would be so good with blood. C'mon, the keyblade is a sword! A damn SWORD! when people are cut by swords, they bleed! They don't just fall to the ground like we always see.

Well, at least Sora will fall into darkness, that's what I really want and I'm satisfied that will happen.

True, things have gotten darker as the story has unfolded and become more complex, but it was always somewhat dark from the beginning. It's definately getting more intense thought. But you have to admit, some of the disney movies have a dark side to them too. ie Hunchback of Notre Dame--it will be perfect in DDD, because that was a pretty dark movie.

Oh KH would be so good with blood. C'mon, the keyblade is a sword! A damn SWORD! when people are cut by swords, they bleed! They don't just fall to the ground like we always see.

Well, at least Sora will fall into darkness, that's what I really want and I'm satisfied that will happen.

What seriously annoys me is the fact that Sora always hits his enemies with the dull side of his keyblade not the sharp jagged side.

Yeah, that seems to be the most logical reason. Actually, as we are now adolescents, games in this style like KHDDD are what we like.

What seriously annoys me is the fact that Sora always hits his enemies with the dull side of his keyblade not the sharp jagged side.

Hmmmm, kingdom key has no sharp edge. It's round.

Well the crown groves are sharp. They would hurt like hell if that hit you.

But the right side to hit with is that opposite to the... thing that turns the knob.

Sora in darkness never. Yea but tht still hurts.

I totally agree xD. Whenever somebody finally gets "killed," they just fade away or disappear somehow. I wanna see someone get physically ripped by the keyblade... but Disney would never work with a game like that :P.

Maybe the whole Sora falls to darkness thing is that Sora is too light just like Master Eraqus was and maybe Yin sid fears he'll be blinded by it to...or it could be litle less nice, even Diz said Sora was too nice for his own good (In KH II to Roxas before Sora woke up).

Blood in Kh...I don't think it'll ever happen.

Muahahaha. Just wait.

Maybe the whole Sora falls to darkness thing is that Sora is too light just like Master Eraqus was and maybe Yin sid fears he'll be blinded by it to...or it could be litle less nice, even Diz said Sora was too nice for his own good (In KH II to Roxas before Sora woke up).

Blood in Kh...I don't think it'll ever happen.

R u saying ur evil Sora.

i agree the series has gotten darker in each game, but i think that thats just how stories progress you know afterall the villains of a story cant just stay constant they have to get badder everytime so that it provides a challenge to the main character. So i like it http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.png (lol because theres more and more drama and epicness in each game xD)

Well the crown groves are sharp. They would hurt like hell if that hit you.

But there's a lot less blunt force trauma. The awkward shape of the crown would cause the blade to lose a bunch of momentum.

It makes a lot of sense for proper sword wielding. The dull side has a consistent shape, so it can't get tangles, or bounce awkwardly.

True, things have gotten darker as the story has unfolded and become more complex, but it was always somewhat dark from the beginning. It's definately getting more intense thought. But you have to admit, some of the disney movies have a dark side to them too. ie Hunchback of Notre Dame--it will be perfect in DDD, because that was a pretty dark movie.

ALL the Disney movies in KH are dark.

People with opinions like this disappoint me. It disappoints me that there are people who crave things like this.

I don't see the story getting darker since KH1.

I just see Traverse getting more colorful xD

That's because things haven't been getting darker.

I love how it gets more serious and dark as things unfold. >3

I just wonder where that invisible line is that will make Disney say it's too much. > >

There was a Mickey Mouse comic where Minnie starts liking a somebody else, so Mickey wanders around trying to commit suicide.

Okay, so Kingdom Hearts hasn't been getting darker. If anything it's getting lighter. KH1 has Sora committing suicide, and the ending is Riku being trapped, and Sora being separated from from Kairi.

It's only gotten lighter from there.

Okay, so Kingdom Hearts hasn't been getting darker. If anything it's getting lighter. KH1 has Sora committing suicide, and the ending is Riku being trapped, and Sora being separated from from Kairi.

It's only gotten lighter from there.

But in BbS, it's like a Keyblade stab-fest! Yea, they were all Xehanort, but he like, went for the chest a good 3 times or so. xD

But the right side to hit with is that opposite to the... thing that turns the knob.

How do you know the right way is to hit is with the dull side o.o. There is no rule how to use the keyblade. It would be much more effective with the jagged side.

Espacially with the Ultima. Those spikes would slice you up like nothing.

But there's a lot less blunt force trauma. The awkward shape of the crown would cause the blade to lose a bunch of momentum.

It makes a lot of sense for proper sword wielding. The dull side has a consistent shape, so it can't get tangles, or bounce awkwardly.

I agree to everything else you wrote but this. Since the side with the crown is sharp the keyblade wouldn't be used to hit someone like a baseball bat but more like a sharp sword. So the focus wouldn't be a hit that bounces back but a slice that goes through the body.

The Keyblade tapers so there wouldn't be momentum loss at all. It would even gain momentum since the weight is in front which would lead to a greater speed and force.

Edit: And even if hitting with the dull side would be better (which isn't the way I see it). Nomura could just f*** logic. Hitting with the crown side would look so much cooler.

I agree to everything else you wrote but this. Since the side with the crown is sharp the keyblade wouldn't be used to hit someone like a baseball bat but more like a sharp sword. So the focus wouldn't be a hit that bounces back but a slice that goes through the body.

The Keyblade tapers so there wouldn't be momentum loss at all. It would even gain momentum since the weight is in front which would lead to a greater speed and force.

Edit: And even if hitting with the dull side would be better (which isn't the way I see it). Nomura could just f*** logic. Hitting with the crown side would look so much cooler.

Nomura already firetrucked logic when he made the dull side of the keyblade sharp enough to cut through buildings. And let's face it, it won't look very different if you switch the way Sora swings. Pretty much any keyblade wielder moves way to fast to be able to tell.

Anyways, I'm getting the feeling that some people here don't understand two things

1- How force is distrubuted

2- Kingdom Hearts is a cartoony game.

Seriously, even if the opposite side of was an actual sword blade, it still makes more sense for Sora to hit with the dull end because there is NO cutting going on. You guys are craving a small graphical change so that you can claim KH is more violent, and that's just silly.