Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Koko

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

I get that some SJWs are crazy and take things too far, but shutting down anybody who's trying to be progressive..hmm yeah... sounds like you're just trying to make them look bad so your shitty views can continue

I completely agree with bill Nye in this video

And the following comment to another commenter

Where to even begin?

You're basically saying that you think a lump of stem cells that make up the early zygote in the womb is a person, yeah? That's completely illogical.

The thing is, the pro choice side is using logic

We say that the fetus does not have the right to develop in a parasitic manner within the body of a woman, if that woman does not consent for that fetus to be there. During the legal period for abortions, the fetus cannot survive outside of the mother's body. This has already been explained to you as "bodily autonomy," and it is the standard for whether or not a fetus has become its own person, or if it is a part of the mother, only being able to exist within the mother. I'm also not sure you understood the organ donor argument. The thing is, you can't take a corpse's organs and give them to someone else to save their life of they didn't sign a donor card, even if that would be the only specimen that could save that person's life. We let dead people have complete control of their organs. For women, you're trying to deny their right to control what does and doesn't get to exist inside their womb. Seriously, why do you think the fetus has more of a right to be inside someone else's womb, rather than the owner of that womb having the right to decide what does and what doesn't get to be inside her womb.

I think of caitlyn jenner as a woman 

I think america tries to make themselves look like the good guys all the time by covering up historical facts

I agree with the pope and like him even if i'm not catholic he's a great guy

Edited by Yuno Gasai

I get that some SJWs are crazy and take things too far, but shutting down anybody who's trying to be progressive..hmm yeah... sounds like you're just trying to make them look bad so your shitty views can continue

I completely agree with bill Nye in this video

And the following comment to another commenter

Where to even begin?

You're basically saying that you think a lump of stem cells that make up the early zygote in the womb is a person, yeah? That's completely illogical.

The thing is, the pro choice side is using logic

We say that the fetus does not have the right to develop in a parasitic manner within the body of a woman, if that woman does not consent for that fetus to be there. During the legal period for abortions, the fetus cannot survive outside of the mother's body. This has already been explained to you as "bodily autonomy," and it is the standard for whether or not a fetus has become its own person, or if it is a part of the mother, only being able to exist within the mother. I'm also not sure you understood the organ donor argument. The thing is, you can't take a corpse's organs and give them to someone else to save their life of they didn't sign a donor card, even if that would be the only specimen that could save that person's life. We let dead people have complete control of their organs. For women, you're trying to deny their right to control what does and doesn't get to exist inside their womb. Seriously, why do you think the fetus has more of a right to be inside someone else's womb, rather than the owner of that womb having the right to decide what does and what doesn't get to be inside her womb.

I think of caitlyn jenner as a woman 

I think america tries to make themselves look like the good guys all the time by covering up historical facts

I agree with the pope and like him even if i'm not catholic he's a great guy

All countries do that some on a much larger scale. Look  at the propaganda that North Korea constantly spews portraying themselves in positive light while it's people starve behind the scenes. How about Germany who likes to skate over one of the most horrific events in human history. No country wants their dirty laundry for the world to see and will always cover up as it's their best interest to do so. Is it right? Absolutely not but one can hardly pretend that the United States is the only country to do so despite how hard other countries try to act like it is. At any rate the US never looks like the good guys regardless because if we act we're bullies and we don't we're selfish.

All countries do that some on a much larger scale. Look  at the propaganda that North Korea constantly spews portraying themselves in positive light while it's people starve behind the scenes. How about Germany who likes to skate over one of the most horrific events in human history. No country wants their dirty laundry for the world to see and will always cover up as it's their best interest to do so. Is it right? Absolutely not but one can hardly pretend that the United States is the only country to do so despite how hard other countries try to act like it is. At any rate the US never looks like the good guys regardless because if we act we're bullies and we don't we're selfish.

I never said the US was the only ones but yeah I agree :V

Humour in nearly all the modern anime I've watched is just plain awful. It's legitimately just people overreacting to things, an occasional "accidental" or surprise boob grab and saying weird things while making weird faces.When I watch some of the older anime like Slam Dunk or Steins; Gate there are jokes which legitimately sound funny, but with modern anime the humour just feels kinda forced.How come I rarely see jokes that are legitimately hilarious? And if there are some anime that have that, can anybody direct me to them?And while we're on the topic of modern anime, I think the quality is dying. It's like they focus more on cheap gimmicks like big breasted female characters, guys that are supposedly straight, but are depicted in a way that makes you wonder if that's really the case, forced romance, etc, and focus less on making the plot and characters memorable

Edited by Col.Random

Humour in nearly all the modern anime I've watched is just plain awful. It's legitimately just people overreacting to things, an occasional "accidental" or surprise boob grab and saying weird things while making weird faces.

When I watch some of the older anime like Slam Dunk or Steins; Gate there are jokes which legitimately sound funny, but with modern anime the humour just feels kinda forced.

How come I rarely see jokes that are legitimately hilarious? And if there are some anime that have that, can anybody direct me to them?

And while we're on the topic of modern anime, I think the quality is dying. It's like they focus more on cheap gimmicks like big breasted female characters, guys that are supposedly straight, but are depicted in a way that makes you wonder if that's really the case, forced romance, etc, and focus less on making the plot and characters memorable

Humor has gotten pretty bad and the quality decrease is why I just don't watch it anymore for years. When they are trying to be funny they just try to overreact or try to be weird. Not actual jokes. It's like they are thinking the way they say it is funnier than what is actually be said, except that is failing too.

Humor has gotten pretty bad and the quality decrease is why I just don't watch it anymore for years. When they are trying to be funny they just try to overreact or try to be weird. Not actual jokes. It's like they are thinking the way they say it is funnier than what is actually be said, except that is failing too.

Seems like I'll be joining you in giving up anime soon.

But there's still a few shows i'm going to try first

^^There's basically two types of feminists. Those that actually do want equal rights for everyone and believe that men and women are equal, and those who pretty much just hate men and will make any BS excuse to put men down or play the victim. The second group is, in a bitter stroke of irony, just as bad as what they claim to be fighting against. Unfortunately, the internet, among other things, has let the second group do lots of damage to the public image of the first.

EDIT:

I do agree with the argument against the "you shouldn't hit a woman", though. You shouldn't hit anyone unless its to defend yourself. But if you need to defend yourself, do so. It doesn't matter if they're a man, woman, whatever. If you're threatening me and I feel unsafe, I'm going to hit you as hard as I can, whatever the heck your age, gender, or race is.

Edited by DragonMaster

^^There's basically two types of feminists. Those that actually do want equal rights for everyone and believe that men and women are equal, and those who pretty much just hate men and will make any BS excuse to put men down or play the victim. The second group is, in a bitter stroke of irony, just as bad as what they claim to be fighting against. Unfortunately, the internet, among other things, has let the second group do lots of damage to the public image of the first.

EDIT:

I do agree with the argument against the "you shouldn't hit a woman", though. You shouldn't hit anyone unless its to defend yourself. But if you need to defend yourself, do so. It doesn't matter if they're a man, woman, whatever. If you're threatening me and I feel unsafe, I'm going to hit you as hard as I can, whatever the heck your age, gender, or race is.

Its like brown terrorists and brown people. A few bad people do not mean the whole group is bad. Feminazis are smaller but louder than actual feminists because people like to spread around all the terrible things the "feminists" say because that is just how we people are. We never talk about the good things that feminists do that much. 

Humour in nearly all the modern anime I've watched is just plain awful. It's legitimately just people overreacting to things, an occasional "accidental" or surprise boob grab and saying weird things while making weird faces.

When I watch some of the older anime like Slam Dunk or Steins; Gate there are jokes which legitimately sound funny, but with modern anime the humour just feels kinda forced.

How come I rarely see jokes that are legitimately hilarious? And if there are some anime that have that, can anybody direct me to them?

And while we're on the topic of modern anime, I think the quality is dying. It's like they focus more on cheap gimmicks like big breasted female characters, guys that are supposedly straight, but are depicted in a way that makes you wonder if that's really the case, forced romance, etc, and focus less on making the plot and characters memorable

I'm curious on what anime you've watched to make you think this way. It seems like you guys are picking up a lot of harem shows. There are a lot of bad shows coming out recently, but there are good ones as well.

Humor quality has decreased in shows that don't focus on comedy, but I think that's to be expected. If you're interested in shows focusing in comedy, Nichijou, Daily Lives of High School Boys, and Cromartie High School are older, but funny shows. I'd also throw in Welcome to the NHK, which is a mix of psychological and comedy, and Azumanga Daioh, which I haven't watched yet, but heard great things.

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, Parasyte, Your Lie in April, Shirobako, Koufuku Graffiti, Hibike Euphonium, Ore Monogatari, and School Live are good anime from 2014-2015, with none of the bad qualities Col.Random listed.

Of course, the number of bad shows are not to be understated, but no one seems to mention the better shows when talking about the recent years of anime. I'm sure there are plenty of old anime that were bad, yet went forgotten.

KH1 is the best KH game for me

Naruto is far too underrated by critics in terms of it's quality of story.

Fairy tail is so boring

GTA 4 is absolutely atrocious, I despise that game with a passion

GTA San Andreas is painfully average. So are most Mario games...

Obito is the best villain in the Narutoverse for me, everyone hates on him for no reason

Chrono Trigger>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Final Fantasy 7

Dragon ball z is cool, but I lost focus after the first 40 episodes, it gets kind of boring after a while.

The only thing BioShock Infinite had going for it was the story, the gameplay was average

Destiny is a cancer to gaming, paying $60 for half a game, then even more for DLC that was locked on the disc? AND now paying to unlock guns/skins via microtransactions?

Skyrim>Fallout

Eminem really isn't that good of a rapper, Elzhi, Pharoahe Monch, BK, Common, Lupe Fiasco, Mos Def and B.I.G are all way better than Eminem.

Yu Yu Hakusho is the best anime of all time for me, (not sure if that's unpopular)

Modern Warfare 2 is actually a really fun game if you play it with friends

The world is a bad place, but no where near as bad as some people make it out to be. There is good in this world, people just never mention it because all they can focus on is negativity.

I liked Deep Jungle,

Hollow Bastion from KH1 is hands down the best world in the series.

Oh boy, do I have quite a few.  I'll list all the ones I can think of, so be warned.  Remember, these are my opinions; you obviously don't have to agree with me.

- Frozen was a terrible movie.

-Elsa and Anna are not the best Disney Princesses.  In fact, I think Anna is the worst princess; I found her to be very vain and obnoxious.

- I actually like Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, and Ariel.

- I don't like Finding Nemo.  I think its because I really don't like Dory.

- Princess Mononoke is Studio Ghibli's worst movie.  I don't like this movie at all.

- I do not like Final Fantasy VII.  Cloud, Sephiroth, Aerith, Tifa, and Vincent are boring and overrated.

- I despise Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII!  In fact, she is my most hated character of all time!

- I do like Snow, Hope, and Vanille from FFXIII.

- I really like Final Fantasy V and its story and characters!

- I prefer Dragon Quest to Final Fantasy.

- I think Chrono Trigger is just an okay game.

- I don't really care for Pokémon.

- I love yanderes, but I really hate Yuno from Mirai Nikki; she's just so overrated and is actually quite average among other yanderes.

- I loathe tsunderes.  There are only two tsunderes I like and they are: Helga from Hey Arnold, and Julius from Heart no Kuni.

- I hate Levi and Mikasa from Attack on Titan; they're the generic, boring 'badasses' with no flaws.  That's called being a Mary Sue people.  I don't like Levi's old squad either.

- I like Digimon 02.  In fact, I like it more than 01.

- I like Davis/Daisuke and his Digimon partner from 02.

- I hate TK and Hikari (and their partners) from both 01 and 02.  I found them to be annoying in 01, and arrogant in 02.

- I don't like Gravity Falls.  I just couldn't get into it and don't see the appeal surrounding it.

- In Steven Universe, I'd rather see Steven end up with Peridot or Lapis instead of Connie.  I don't really care for Connie.

- I'm neutral towards Renaldo from Steven Universe.

- The Walking Dead is boring and generic.  Then again, zombies in general are overrated.

- I don't like most live-action shows anyway.

- Superhero comics and movies are boring.

- I like reading fanfictions.

- I like yaoi.

As for Kingdom Hearts...

- I couldn't care less if Sora and Kairi end up together.  In fact...

- I think RikuxSora make more sense.  I'm sure I'm the only one who interpreted it this way but to me it seemed that in KH2, Sora cared way more about finally finding Riku than when he saw Kairi again.  When Sora and Kairi hug in KH2, Sora kinda looked like he didn't want Kairi touching him, but when he finds Riku, Sora's flat out sobbing his eyes out in relief.  But that's probably just me.

- I don't really care for Kairi.

- I don't like Namine.

- I hate hate hate RoxasxNamine!  I despise this pairing (the only pairing I hate more than this one is YoshikixAyumi from Corpse Party)!  The main reason I hate this pairing so much is because many of the fans say 'its just like SoraxKairi' or 'since Sora and Kairi end up together and Roxas and Namine are their nobodies respectively, then they should be together too.'  Sorry, but Roxas and Namine are nothing like their somebodies, so the first reason doesn't make sense.  As for the second reason, Sora and Kairi aren't even together, so why should they get together too?!  Ugh, I hate this pairing.

- I really like Saix.

- I like Larxene.

I might add more when I can remember them.  Also, I have some that I will never add because I know that I'll get some serious flak from people.

So yeah, disagree with me if you want, but don't be a jerk about it.

My opinion...you know

Amiibos are just pointless figurines that nintendo fans wants to buy...they buyed the new Skylanders game just beacuse of the Amiibos.

People need to stop whining about Religion...especially the ones who knock on your door.

It would be better if no one cares about Character Development and Quality.

Riku in Kingdom Hearts is just so meh...same goes with most members of the Organization XIII they are so meh...SUPER MEH!

Undertale is kinda getting Overrated.

I would get hate since most of you are fans of the following character...but Unpopluar Opinions...just i'll spoiled it...

Skylanders better then Spyro the Dragon. The Trilogy games are so meh...kinda boring not interesting as Skylanders. I wish people would stop complaining about the franchise, it's not DLC, it's like you're stupid Amiibos only they actually do something and not only unlocked crappy stuff or just being a crappy costume in Super Mario Maker or in Yoshi's Wooly World and actually that's why i don't like people talk about Spyro.

I dislike those who think amiibo are only for DLC/unlocking small pointless things. (I actually agree with the "DLC in disguise" part to an extent, but that's another story.) Have people not heard of hobbies? You know, collecting figures as a hobby?

Going on with figures, I firetrucking hate when people frown upon someone collection being sealed/new in the box (NiB) or all outside their packaging. There's no "right" way of displaying your figure, yet it pisses me of to no end these type of people. The amiibo community is the worse offender of this.

Tl;dr, I think amiibo aren't only to unlock in-game stuff. Way too many people frowning upon what condition people display their figures.

Edited by OmegaForte

I dislike those who think amiibo are only for DLC/unlocking small pointless things. (I actually agree with the "DLC in disguise" part to an extent, but that's another story.) Have people not heard of hobbies? You know, collecting figures as a hobby?Going on with figures, I firetrucking hate when people frown upon someone collection being sealed/new in the box (NiB) or all outside their packaging. There's no "right" way of displaying your figure, yet it pisses me of to no end these type of people. The amiibo community is the worse offender of this.Tl;dr, I think amiibo aren't only to unlock in-game stuff. Way too many people frowning upon what condition people display their figures.

I'll add that amiibo are often the only way to get any sort of merchandise for a lot of game series, or at least to find them easily. Xenoblade and EarthBound, my two favorite games of all time, would have been near impossible to find any sort of merchandise for if it wasn't for their amiibo. amiibo are fun to collect, pretty high quality for their price (Ignoring the Morths and such, and those aren't as common as many people seem to believe), and give bonuses in game. I fail to see how they can be viewed as insignificant or pointless, they're awesome. I wasn't even into figure collecting before amiibo, and I got hooked on them from the first Kirby I got at launch.

As for how to display them, I'll admit that I don't quite understand NiB collectors, but if it's how they want to display them, then so be it. Not my place to judge how someone chooses to show off a collection.

I think story in videos, especially in rpgs, are just as important as the gameplay. Also, I think that saying "Just because the story is good, doesn't mean that the game is good" is an opinionating statement because of what I've said earlier. 

Books seriously should not be marketed to genders. If a male wants to read Twilight, fine. If a female wants to read Harry Potter, fine. Books don't have genders, so stop making them have them. People should be free to read what ever they want, not have to pick around what is considered a "male" or "female" series.