Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

KHBbS Birth by Sleep is most wanted PSP Remaster

I would definitely at least think about buying it. I'm sure my brother wouldn't mind if I stole borrowed his PS3 for a little bit...

post-34032-0-50202300-1311820115_thumb.jpgThat's a big "Maybe".I bought birth by sole for the sole purpose of having all of my questions answered.Then once i complete it,Birth By Sleep Final Mix shows up bringing in more questions!Well if it has a secret SECRET MOVIE in it lipost-34032-0-50202300-1311820115_thumb.jpgpost-34032-0-50202300-1311820115_thumb.jpgke Bbs and BbsFM did,then yes!

"Those of the Darkness are consumed by it, those of Light are blinded by it, and those inbetween... are left alone..."

-Anonymous

Also, I don't really see what's wrong with the PSP version. It's not like it really needs a remastering. Pick an older KH game whose system is about to go extinct or something.

Maximum resolution of the PSP: 480 * 272

Maximum resolution of the PS3: 1920*1080

This means the PS3 resolution is up to 25 times that of the PSP (amount of pixels). Perhaps the most tempting reason...

HD KH, finally? Of course!

I'd get any KH game if it came out for the PS3.

Even Days.

You sure about days, that's saying a lot.

Nah, just kidding, I'd love to see how kingdom hearts would look in HD.

Of Coarse! That would be freakin AWESOME!!! (I know this isn't possible but...) Imagine seeing all the final battles in the keyblade graveyard like the secret ending of Kingdom Hearts 2!! That would make me cry ..

Of Coarse! That would be freakin AWESOME!!! (I know this isn't possible but...) Imagine seeing all the final battles in the keyblade graveyard like the secret ending of Kingdom Hearts 2!! That would make me cry ..

Ooh... about that. You're not going to be seeing totally revamped visuals in this case. You'll be seeing smoothed and enhanced models, and better lighting, but you won't be seeing stuff the quality of the CGI, or indeed, an FF game.

Well it was Famitsu, a Japanese magazine so I am hardly shocked that KH BBS got the votes for that.

Yeah sure, I would buy it, might as well considering KH3 seems to be pretty much non existent, this is probably the only way we will see KH on the PS3.

I just found this KH1 vid on youtube. This is from a PS2 game, now imagine if the KH FM games were remastered in HD on PS3. It would look like this or even better, and this is from an emulator, too. Beautiful, isn't it?

Maximum resolution of the PSP: 480 * 272

Maximum resolution of the PS3: 1920*1080

This means the PS3 resolution is up to 25 times that of the PSP (amount of pixels). Perhaps the most tempting reason...

*shrugs* I just meant that I'd rather have an older game remastered in HD first. :) Y'know, one that needs more of it.

I loathe portable consoles. Never had one and never will. Was a PS2 owner and really hated the fact the support for the series for console players stopped after KH2. I have 2 kids (9yo boy and 7yo girl) and both of them are KH fans and they always enjoyed watching me play the games in front of them, on a TV. Ditto for my wife. I don't see myself trying to have the 4 of us try to "watch" the game on a small screen. Yes, I know, you can plug the PSP on a TV with an adaptor but I won't buy yet another console just for a single game.

I really have a love/hate relationship with Nomura. I LOVE his KH series but he really is a BAD salesman. Konami didn't hesitate with the HD remaster concept and they already announced a lot of their titles that will receive that treatment (like Silent Hill, Metal Gear, etc.). A great move and a smart move.

Doing BBS on a console simply means more sales for SE. And broadening the fan base of the series. When I see Nomura answering like this to questions like these :

- By the way, the 10th anniversary of the series is next year. The number of titles in the series has really increased since it started. Some have said they want to play HD remakes of the past titles…

Nomura: Whether we release one or not is a different story; we’re concerned with the HD technical limits of the past titles.

- From the survey, most fans like Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix the most.

Tetsuya Nomura: Since I often hear that fans usually like one title in particular, it was a little unexpected to see that Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix was the top and that Kingdom Hearts II ranked second.

To me, it simply shows how out of touch he is with his fans and how he shouldn't be involved in sales-like decisions. If I'd be a head honcho at SE, I'd jump on the occasion to launch all these titles in HD ! Heck, make it multi-platform and even do a XBOX360 version to reach even more people and get even more sales. Your teams are too tied up in other projects ? Hire a third party to do the HD Remastering, the games are already done ! It's not like they could mess the KH "feel" of the game !

I just keep my fingers crossed that some people at SE will go ahead with the HD remaster of the KH titles, whether it's BBS or KH1 and KH2 Final Mixes. I love me some HD KH on a console to play on my big a** 46" screen. Please SE do so. Konami isn't hesitating at all to do HD remasters, you should do the same.

I loathe portable consoles. Never had one and never will. Was a PS2 owner and really hated the fact the support for the series for console players stopped after KH2. I have 2 kids (9yo boy and 7yo girl) and both of them are KH fans and they always enjoyed watching me play the games in front of them, on a TV. Ditto for my wife. I don't see myself trying to have the 4 of us try to "watch" the game on a small screen. Yes, I know, you can plug the PSP on a TV with an adaptor but I won't buy yet another console just for a single game.

I really have a love/hate relationship with Nomura. I LOVE his KH series but he really is a BAD salesman. Konami didn't hesitate with the HD remaster concept and they already announced a lot of their titles that will receive that treatment (like Silent Hill, Metal Gear, etc.). A great move and a smart move.

Doing BBS on a console simply means more sales for SE. And broadening the fan base of the series. When I see Nomura answering like this to questions like these :

- By the way, the 10th anniversary of the series is next year. The number of titles in the series has really increased since it started. Some have said they want to play HD remakes of the past titles…

Nomura: Whether we release one or not is a different story; we’re concerned with the HD technical limits of the past titles.

- From the survey, most fans like Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix the most.

Tetsuya Nomura: Since I often hear that fans usually like one title in particular, it was a little unexpected to see that Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix was the top and that Kingdom Hearts II ranked second.

To me, it simply shows how out of touch he is with his fans and how he shouldn't be involved in sales-like decisions. If I'd be a head honcho at SE, I'd jump on the occasion to launch all these titles in HD ! Heck, make it multi-platform and even do a XBOX360 version to reach even more people and get even more sales. Your teams are too tied up in other projects ? Hire a third party to do the HD Remastering, the games are already done ! It's not like they could mess the KH "feel" of the game !

I just keep my fingers crossed that some people at SE will go ahead with the HD remaster of the KH titles, whether it's BBS or KH1 and KH2 Final Mixes. I love me some HD KH on a console to play on my big a** 46" screen. Please SE do so. Konami isn't hesitating at all to do HD remasters, you should do the same.

Nomura ISN'T in charge of the business decisions, he's a figurehead. He directs the games, and designs the costumes. He's not lord and ruler of Square Enix. Anyways, the main problem with SE remastering games is their obsessive need to have high end graphics. Final Fantasy 7 is a more requested remake than any KH game ever, but Square refuses to do it because they want to remake the game with the graphical quality of FF13. It's a similar situation here, if Square remakes a game, they're not going to half ass it, they're going to want to do a full overhaul, even though some simple tweaks would be fine.

Basically, Square Enix wants to spend tonnes of money on their games, and that limits their potential profits.

Anyways, the main problem with SE remastering games is their obsessive need to have high end graphics. Final Fantasy 7 is a more requested remake than any KH game ever, but Square refuses to do it because they want to remake the game with the graphical quality of FF13. It's a similar situation here, if Square remakes a game, they're not going to half ass it, they're going to want to do a full overhaul, even though some simple tweaks would be fine.

Basically, Square Enix wants to spend tonnes of money on their games, and that limits their potential profits.

Which is kinda sad. They should definitely look at what other companies like Konami are doing. Heck, even Gof of War and Sly Cooper got the HD treatment. There's a difference between a complete remake or a "remaster". They should really go with the "remaster" route. It would be simpler, faster and would bring in more KH fans / money to SE which is always a good thing.

I buy any game with Kingdom Hearts in the title that I can. So if this was available I would buy it, even if I did buy a PSP just for Birth by Sleep in the first place.... However I already own a PS3 so this wouldn't bother me.

Fool. I would buy it, but I wouldn't play it. I would keep it packaged. BBS was such a drag to play.

Oh good! So I'm not the only one who didn't find it as awesome as everyone else did? :P

I don't have a PSP but I own a PS3 and I didn't played BbS yet so... HELL YEAH IMMA BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I voted for Birth By Sleep and Crisis Core and I don't think they will remaster only one game. So I would definitely buy both games since it is more than obvious that those two games will be on the top.

I just have 2 games for my PS3 so it would come in handy.