Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Zenithia

Main character

Same or different main character?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Same or different main character?

• Keep Sora
    • Diffent Character

tutti frutti. I remember how Nomura stated on how Sora will be the main character throughout the series. In your own opinion does anybody want Sora to continue being to be the main character, or have a different character each saga, similar to Final Fantasy?

I want a different character, because im starting to get tired of sora's "my friends are my power" attitude. I want a Keyblader with a tough guy attitude and a dark past

I wouldn't know how to answer that question. I've always loved Sora and loved playing as him but playing as Roxas in Days and Terra, Ven and Aqua in BBS gave me a new experience so I'd like to see different playable characters too. So I'd enjoy Sora and company being playable in different upcoming games.

Imagine if Mickey was playable.

COOLEST. THING. EVER.

@Aprentice I thought Mickey was playable in KH2, could be wrong though. To be honest, I'm getting kinda tired of Sora's personality, too. I think it would be cool to have a different character in the lead role, say Sora got his own appretice and you played as him/her. I think that would be awesome! 'Cause I just don't think Kingdom Hearts would be the same without him, even if he is somewhat annoying.

@Aprentice I thought Mickey was playable in KH2, could be wrong though. To be honest, I'm getting kinda tired of Sora's personality, too. I think it would be cool to have a different character in the lead role, say Sora got his own appretice and you played as him/her. I think that would be awesome! 'Cause I just don't think Kingdom Hearts would be the same without him, even if he is somewhat annoying.

He's briefly playable in Kingdom Hearts II when Sora dies in certain boss fights but when you play as him your commands are limited. If Mickey was a rounded playable character, that would be awesome.

And I don't think I'll ever get tired of Sora, no matter what his attitude or personnality is. Even if he does shout, "FRIENDSHIP IS POWER," in every single game, I love him too much and that'll never change.

I want Sora to be the main character throughout the whole series. And also, he's not going to be the only playable character in the future, he hasn't been so far so...

I can't really picture a Kingdom Hearts game without Sora in it....it'd be like watching a Pirates of the Caribbean movie and not have Jack Sparrow in it. BbS and Days(notreally) was fine with me, mainly because I knew Sora wouldn't be out of the picture/ that I'd play as him in a later game. I'd send very angry letters to SE if Sora completly stopped being the main character of the series. x'D

Haha. I just watched a Podcast on Kingdom Hearts Union that talked about this. And I agree with what they said. Even if you're playing a Kingdom Hearts game where you don't play as Sora, it doesn't entirely feel like Kingdom Hearts. Despite liking Roxas' story at the beginning of KH2, we all breathed a sigh of relief when we got to play Sora again. When you think about KH, you immediately think about Sora because he's the poster boy. Sora's also the only one who could really fit in with the Disney characters. Honestly, every Kingdom Hearts has directly been connected to Sora. It wouldn't be KH if he weren't the main character. However, being able to play other characters, but keeping Sora as the main character would be very cool.

tutti frutti. I wouldn't mind having a different character for the series, more so to have a different personality. It doesn't seem like that Sora would fall to the dark side, and a happy go lucky personality sort of makes me crave for something else, espcially if it's from the same person.

He's suicidal nice and too weak. His heart will break at the slightest push if any of his friends make bad decisions. Once he breaks, he will be impossible to put back together, kind of like Othello.

Sora is and should remain the main character of all the main games. (as much as I love Roxas, Ventus, and Aqua)

Spin offs should have new characters that join Sora in his next adventure, like BBS and Days.

While Sora is a likable guy, I'm afraid that Square could over use him. Also, with a new character, whole new story opinions and hooks open up. That said, even if he wasn't going to be the main character, I'd still want him around.

JTD95 Wrote:

...And also, he's not going to be the only playable character in the future, he hasn't been so far so...

A valid point that could answer my misgivings and wishes.

i would really want sora to stay as a main character cus im the type of guy who likes to hang to one thing cus when i play with sora i feel like there is a bond between us like his an old friend that i shere good memories with like beating ansem deafeting organezation 13 killing 1000 heartless all those great memories with him makes kingdom hearts the great game it is

I agree with undead AND Rikunobody

It's like---well- It's like you've spent ALMOST YOUR ENTIRE LIFE seeing one character and then--when they go...it's like there's a void- you know?

I mean if Sora STAYS main character it would be great! But if Namura decides to change him out- AT LEAST let Sora stick around as a main, playable character (and good lord don't kill the poor thing like all of my other favorite characters.....although water is almost always involved in their deaths which makes me feel uneasy about the opening of KH...)

But that's another subject...

Taking out Sora is like taking out Mario. There wouldent be any Super Mario Bros without Mario no? I mean Sora is one of those classic characters. Now i do admit that the world revolves around Sora alittle too much. But hey im ok with it. And Sora does give alot of memories. Like myself i had a best friend since 1st grade named Troy and we used to play KH together. And i lost contact with him. But again back to the thread. Anyway its like without Sora, there wont be much of a KH feeling anymore. Remember when they said that Pokemon Black and White might not have Ash in it?

I would defiantly want a character more like Riku or Roxas. They have good hearts, but also kickass attitudes and were fun to play as. Also, I liked Roxas for the mystery that surrounded him. So defientely characters more like them please.

I want a different character, because im starting to get tired of sora's "my friends are my power" attitude. I want a Keyblader with a tough guy attitude and a dark past

EXACTLY!!