Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
hatok

KHBbS Birth By Sleep is a defensive game

The game heavily rewards defensive players who guard and dodge well.

So why is it that all the counters are offensive? Far to often I've been faced with a choice: do I counter attack the enemy, and find myself flying straight into an enemy attack? Or to I not recover, and potentially get hit again because I can't control my character?

In short, BBS really should have had an aerial recovery.

I enjoyed the defensive aspects of the game. I never really used guard before, so BbS really showed me how beneficial that command is. My main problem was Payback Raid. I really shouldn't have equipped that at times... In Proud Mode, I beat Terra's Final Boss with 1 HP left. LOL It was kind of that attack's fault that I was so low on HP (Terra ran into a meteor), but it was also that attack that landed the final hit. Good times. LOL

A defensive game? Well, seeing the whole customizable Command Board thing, one would think Nomura wanted players to be able to develop their own way of playing, attacking, and defending.

It leans towards defensive play more heavily than any previous game. Have fun beating Terra's Final boss teh first time using offensive tactics. Or Aqua's for that matter.

That's one of the things I hated about BBS, no aerial recovery. But it kind of doesn't need it.

Iron Imprisoner says 'Hi!'

A defensive game? Well, seeing the whole customizable Command Board thing, one would think Nomura wanted players to be able to develop their own way of playing, attacking, and defending.

It leans towards defensive play more heavily than any previous game. Have fun beating Terra's Final boss teh first time using offensive tactics. Or Aqua's for that matter.

That's one of the things I hated about BBS, no aerial recovery. But it kind of doesn't need it.

Oh the iron imprisoner....

Iron Prisoner is the reason we can't have nice things.

whats so bad 'bout him? i beat his ass with ven on critical no prob!

Have you eve had this situation?

You accidentally got hit by its spinning fire attack, maybe the camera wasn't cooperating or something, anyways, you're hit, and go flying. Unfortunately, he starts spinning towards you again. If you let yourself fall, the lag between then and when you regain control of your character will allow the Imprisoner to ht you again. But your only oher option is to use a counter attack, which sends you flying right at the Imprisoner.

I cant remember... havent played BBS in a while (damn TN-A 6.20 not working on my 3000 : )

But from what i remember about these situations in all the KH games are that theyre common and f*cking annoying! especially with evil riku in hollow B in KH1... spent half my childhood trying to escape his freaking dark aura attack (where theere are a lot of black beams coming from the ground and hes flying around)

I cant remember... havent played BBS in a while (damn TN-A 6.20 not working on my 3000 : )

But from what i remember about these situations in all the KH games are that theyre common and f*cking annoying! especially with evil riku in hollow B in KH1... spent half my childhood trying to escape his freaking dark aura attack (where theere are a lot of black beams coming from the ground and hes flying around)

We had a similar childhood. LOL That Dark Aura attack was the bane of my existence. But now I can always beat him on my first try. LOL

they took it out cuz squere enix likes to experement to see what works and what dosent(like how they took dodge roll outta kh2 then after people complainin bout it put it in kh2fm) same deal with birth by sleep, wouldent be square enix if they diddent change the battle style a bit every game : )

you dont have to defend all the time but for some fights you do examples: terra's armor when he is fighting terranort he has to defend against the gigantic boulders or DIE and aqua has to defend in every boss battle all the time ^-^

I beat Riku fight one on my first try, and Riku fight 2 on my 3rd try when I was 9. He wasnt all that hard.

You actually beat Riku on Destiny Islands on your first try?

Oh yeeah, I forgot about him. Now that I think of it, maybe we do need aerial recovery. I probably wouldn't have lost so many times if I did have it.