Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ObsidianEagle

Kingdom Hearts HD Collection.

i would so love for this to come out.

recently sony has been doing alot of HD remakes of PS2 classics (sly cooper, prince of persia, tomb raider, and SotC/ICO collection) for the PS3, wouldn't it be awesome if they did a KH HD remake? because i would love to play through the games with trophy support.

if they did it would most likely be KH1, Re:CoM (finally get it in europe :P), and KH2. would be better if they also put all the off-console games on the collection too though, but they're too recent.

sadly this won't happen because, unlike KH1, KH2 wasn't published by sony.

but wouldn't it be awesome?

I would probably think it was cooler idea if I had a PS3... However, I definitely think they should do it, nowadays you can't get the original PS2 games without a trip to Game Stop, unless you are lucky enough to live by a store that still sells them.

I think I read somewhere that Nomura gonna do like that after kh3

Sorta. Nomura is gonna release somthing really specail due to the 10 year anyversory of kh (which should be released next year!!!)

firetruckIN EPIC!!!! >: D

I don't see how this would stop the possibility for Square Enix to ever make a KH HD collection.

that would be nice to see and i would like that (be cool if it was Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix for the other countrys and possably Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix) but its most likely not going to happen but something big will happen next year for the 10th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts and hopefully it will be worth the long wait (could say the same for Kingdom Hearts 3 lol)

I don't see how this would stop the possibility for Square Enix to ever make a KH HD collection.

All the KH collections so far have been published by Sony so far, but now doesn't Disney do the publishing? I can't remember if it's them or Square Enix.

But there's another reason they won't do this.

The most they can sell a compilation of KH1, CoM and 2 for would be 39.99. This would probably be bumped down to 29.99 pretty quickly. You can still buy new copies of KH1 and KH for 24.99, and CoM for 14.99.

So basically, Square could put in a bunch of money redoing everything (It's not their style to just apply an HD filter and call it a day) and make whatever percent of the 40 dollars they get, or whatever percent they get from 65 dollars.

Square will only consider doing this when KH1 and 2 stop being sold, and they convinced enough people who already own the games will buy them again.

They want to make money, see.

oh yeah, i'm pretty sure this won't happen. just saying it would be cool.

BTW square enix does the publishing.

but yeah, maybe when it comes to the next generation of consoles, a KH HD remake, and ports of the more recent games would be possible.

Kh1, Kh2 and Re:com on one disc on ps3 in HD with trophy support and most likely some extras...yeah i'd buy it. There might even be a secret trailer for Kh3 like there was a secret trailer for Sly 4 in the Sly collection.

Y'know, I made a forum about this on the Kingdom Hearts Wiki and referenced this numerous times on my comments. Yes, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts II -- all PlayStation 2 games, and all Greatest Hits titles -- on a PlayStation 3 discs(s) (I find it impossible that all three games along with trophies and extra features could fit on ONE disc) would be a large seller. Also, if released before KH3, then it would allow newcomers to the series to play the previous adventures, remastered in HD, on their PS3, without having to get a PS2 to play the previous games. It would be every fan's dream, not to mention it'd make lots of money for $ony, Di$ney, and $quare Enix. I'd buy it in a heartbeat, heck, even though I own all those games already, I'd buy a PS3 JUST to play those rereleases! ... Oh, and for Kingdom Hearts III, too... :P...

Nourma said he had an interest in releasing Kingdom Hearts HD releases but later decided not too.

I believe there is no point. Re:Chain of Memories in Europe in Australia would be great. Allowing Australian and European fans the chance to finally play the game. Since most probably never had the chance to play Chain of Memories. And even those that did would still want to play the game in 3D and enjoy the proper cutscenes with voice acting.

Y'know, I made a forum about this on the Kingdom Hearts Wiki and referenced this numerous times on my comments. Yes, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts II -- all PlayStation 2 games, and all Greatest Hits titles -- on a PlayStation 3 discs(s) (I find it impossible that all three games along with trophies and extra features could fit on ONE disc) would be a large seller. Also, if released before KH3, then it would allow newcomers to the series to play the previous adventures, remastered in HD, on their PS3, without having to get a PS2 to play the previous games. It would be every fan's dream, not to mention it'd make lots of money for $ony, Di$ney, and $quare Enix. I'd buy it in a heartbeat, heck, even though I own all those games already, I'd buy a PS3 JUST to play those rereleases! ... Oh, and for Kingdom Hearts III, too... :P...

They don't need to buy a PS2 to play KH1 and KH2, the PS3 can play PS2 games.

yea only the older viersions of the PS3 not the ones that are made now like the 20g 40g 60g and some 80g can play PS2 games

only 1 version of the PS3 fat can play PS2 games, and that model was cancelled quite quickly, so they are quite rare.

and they could fit all 3 games on ones disk, thanks to the power of blu-ray.

but yeah, everyone would win from a re-release of this :D

PS. why does this thread keep jumping between the speculation and merchandise forums? o.o

Hi there, long time KH fan, browser of this site and first time forumite. Finally decided to register and to post in this thread. I must admit that I have a love/hate relationship with Nomura, why ? Well, I am a big fan of the series but unfortunately, it's now been spread out across a lot of different platforms. I don't get how they excpect fans to continually dish out money to buy new platforms just to be able to follow the series' story. I know KH3 is currently planned for a console release but that doesn't stop me from wanting to play all the other titles that are exclusively on handhelds.

First of all, I hate handhelds, always have and always will, too individual to my taste. I have two kids (a 8yo boy and 6yo girl) and both of them love KH very much and that's why I enjoyed playing KH, KH:CoM and KH2 on my big HDTV on my PS3 (which has now suffered a YLOD and now I'm stuck with a slim that can't even play these games). My kids are too young to be able to tackle such games but they still enjoyed plenty looking at me beating the game. And this kind of enjoyment can't be done of a handheld.

With plenty of HD remakes coming soon (like Sly Collection, etc.), I really don't understand why Square Enix isn't bright enough to seaze the opportunity to do the same with their games. Heck, hire a third party company that'll do the work for you. If some people think that a Sly Collection will sell well enough to create it, I'd bet a ton of money KH HD would sell even more ! Even better than that, finally release the Final Mixes overseas. Nomura might be good at writing stories but it doesn't make him a good salesman. Seriously Square, wake up and release remakes of your game, especially the Final Mixes and the titles that up till now were handheld exclusives. Make it even cross-platform available on both PS3 and XBOX360. It's in times like this I wish I had a few millions in my pocket to create a videogame company.

A KH fan hoping to play 358/2 days, Coded and BBS (and even 3D) one day on a console.

i agree with you on that, i wish they didn't keep putting their games on consoles i don't have.

The major problem is not only that, but expecting your fans to buy countless consoles to play your games. "You really love KH ? Then buy a PS2, a Gameboy Advance (before knowing that CoM was going to be released on PS2), a Nintendo DS, a PSP and of course, the upcoming Nintendo 3DS (and we'll see, maybe the PSP2 and PS3) !". Total the prices of all these consoles up plus the price of the games themselves; it's total nonsense. I find that harsh to expect your own fans to go through such an ordeal just to play your games.

Does anyone have one or two millions to spare so that I can launch a third party company dedicated to the KH remakes on consoles ?

and btw, welcome to the site :)

Thank you ! :)

@Collective_Restrai

The thing is, Square currently stands to make more money just by selling PS2 copies of KH, KH1 and 2 both still sell for 25 bucks new, and Re:CoM is still 14 dollars.

Doing an HD re-master of those three games would be very expensive, but they would still be expected to sell it for 30 dollars.

I'd write more, but I have to go :/

@Collective_Restrai

The thing is, Square currently stands to make more money just by selling PS2 copies of KH, KH1 and 2 both still sell for 25 bucks new, and Re:CoM is still 14 dollars.

Doing an HD re-master of those three games would be very expensive, but they would still be expected to sell it for 30 dollars.

I'd write more, but I have to go :/

Are you saying that Square is still producing new PS2 games to sell ? It doesn't mean that because the games are available new in stores that they are still producing them; just that there is still stock available. I dunno. All I can say for sure is that the Sly series never outsold the KH series and still, they find it profitable to create an HD collection of it. Therefore, I am convinced that a KH HD collection would indeed outsell Sly and be even more profitable.