Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
OrpheusJoshua

March Caprice 2024 Announces Sign-Up Deadlines

The fan-led Kingdom Hearts online convention, March Caprice, has announced new information ahead of its arrival in March 2024. 

For those unaware of what March Caprice is about, the following passage summarizes its premise:

"March Caprice is a virtual gathering for fans of the KINGDOM HEARTS video game series. Its goal is to showcase and support the incredible hard work, projects, and talents of the community through the uniting force of the series. We invite all who wish to show off their latest content, ideas, and more to participate and join us in celebrating this incredible series!"

The theme of March Caprice 2024 will be "data," as communicated by the announcement trailer and associated promotional artwork. 

Sans the livestreams and Melody of Memory Tourney, sign-ups for the event will close on January 13, 2024. On the other hand, livestream sign-ups will close on February 17, 2024 and Melody of Memory Tourney sign-ups will close on March 10, 2024. 

March Caprice 2024 proper will occur between March 24 and March 30, 2024. 

You can view more information about March Caprice via the Caprice Release or its official website, where one can also submit via various categories. 

Aside from the above, participans can make art, cosplay, merchandise, music, pre-recorded video, writing, and Smash Bros. tournament submissions. 

You can view the March Caprice 2024 announcement trailer below:

View full article

Ooh, neat! I was just wondering when this would be announced. XD

I've never partaken in March Caprice before, but I'm considering joining this year. How does the theme work exactly? It is just the visual theme of the event and is separate from the user-submitted content? Or does all the writings, illustrations, cosplay, music, etc. have to carry the theme of "Data?"

EDIT: another question! I know it says only one art piece per person, but would it be alright to submit to multiple categories? For example, one illustration and one writing?

Edited by DestinysUnion

9 hours ago, DestinysUnion said:

Ooh, neat! I was just wondering when this would be announced. XD

I've never partaken in March Caprice before, but I'm considering joining this year. How does the theme work exactly? It is just the visual theme of the event and is separate from the user-submitted content? Or does all the writings, illustrations, cosplay, music, etc. have to carry the theme of "Data?"

EDIT: another question! I know it says only one art piece per person, but would it be alright to submit to multiple categories? For example, one illustration and one writing?

The theme is just for the visual theme of the event. Submissions can be anything, even if they aren't related to the theme. You can submit once per every category, so an art piece and a writing piece would be great!

On 1/10/2024 at 7:15 AM, Chainoffire said:

The theme is just for the visual theme of the event. Submissions can be anything, even if they aren't related to the theme. You can submit once per every category, so an art piece and a writing piece would be great!

Okay, thank you! I'll definitely look into signing up then!

One more question, do all written pieces have to take place in the KH universe? I noticed one of the rules mentions creating a "Kingdom Hearts-adjacent" work, so I wasn't sure if full-blown AU's were allowed, or if we should only work within the established canon setting.

Sorry I'm reading too deep into all the details. lol I don't want to accidentally break any rules.

22 hours ago, DestinysUnion said:

Okay, thank you! I'll definitely look into signing up then!

One more question, do all written pieces have to take place in the KH universe? I noticed one of the rules mentions creating a "Kingdom Hearts-adjacent" work, so I wasn't sure if full-blown AU's were allowed, or if we should only work within the established canon setting.

Sorry I'm reading too deep into all the details. lol I don't want to accidentally break any rules.

All good! AU's are absolutely allowed! They just have to be related to KH in some way. Original content (be it art of OCs, original music, etc.) are very encouraged!

Hi! Was wondering if I can submit any time on the 13th (tomorrow) because I just saw the submission page today, but I might be able to finish a story for the writers room before midnight tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, Chainoffire said:

All good! AU's are absolutely allowed! They just have to be related to KH in some way. Original content (be it art of OCs, original music, etc.) are very encouraged!

Okay! Thank you for clarifying! :D

Hi! Was wondering if I can submit any time on the 13th (tomorrow) because I just saw the submission page today, but I might be able to finish a story for the writers room before midnight tomorrow.

The signs-ups for joining the event ends tomorrow night, but you'll have through March 2nd to finish and submit your piece. :)

Edited by DestinysUnion

21 minutes ago, DestinysUnion said:

Okay! Thank you for clarifying! :D

The signs-ups for joining the event ends tomorrow night, but you'll have through March 2nd to finish and submit your piece. :)

Phew, thanks for the clarification!

Edited by BrightStar07

On 1/10/2024 at 5:15 AM, Chainoffire said:

So, I can submit a drawing or a fanfic?

On 1/15/2024 at 2:22 AM, Anders said:

I'm sure everyone will care about this as much as the last one...

Judging by the signups, it looks like more people care about this than the last one! 😁