Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

What is your favorite direct-to-video Disney sequel film?

What is your favorite direct-to-video Disney sequel film?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite direct-to-video Disney sequel film?

• Mulan II
    • Kronk's New Groove
    • Atlantis: Milo's Return
    • The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea
    • Another sequel? Tell us below!

The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. It was way better than it had any right to be. And, unpopular opinion: I actually prefer "He Lives in You" to "The Circle of Life".

There's so many Disney Direct to Video sequels that I love.

1.) An Extremely Goofy Movie

2.) The Little Mermaid 2 Return to the Sea

3.) Aladdin and the King of Thieves 

4.) The Lion King 2 Simba's Pride

5.) Peter Pan: Return to Neverland

6.) 101 Dalmatians Patches London Adventure

7.) Lady and the Tramp 2 Scamp's Adventure 

11 hours ago, Hoshiko Hikari said:

Cinderella 3 and Bambi 2 are high quality sequels that I've watched multiple times. Milo's Return was so bad I didn't even watch it to the end...

Oh I forgot about Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginnings. Tarzan 2 (NOT Tarzan and Jane but the prequel story) was good too. And Lilo and Stitch: Stitch has a Glitch. I think Cinderella 3 is still my favourite though. That staircase scene with the Prince and the King is hilarious! 

While I enjoy pretty much all of the Disney Direct-To-Video Sequels, my personal favorite still remains "'Tinker Bell And The Lost Treasure (2009)'".
post-39921-0-92622700-1414710608_thumb.jpg
It is VERY overlooked.
I also Truly Enjoy "'Secret of The Wings (2012)'", "'Tinker Bell And The Legend of The NeverBeast (2015)'", "'An Extremely Goofy Movie (2000)'", "'The Little Mermaid II -Return To The Sea- (2000)'", "'Pocahontas II -Journey To A New World- (1998)'", "'Winnie The Pooh:  Springtime With Roo (2004)'", And "'Cinderella III -A Twist In Time- (2007)'" (Among Many Others).

10 hours ago, Movies798 said:

There's so many Disney Direct to Video sequels that I love.

1.) An Extremely Goofy Movie

2.) The Little Mermaid 2 Return to the Sea

3.) Aladdin and the King of Thieves 

4.) The Lion King 2 Simba's Pride

5.) Peter Pan: Return to Neverland

6.) 101 Dalmatians Patches London Adventure

7.) Lady and the Tramp 2 Scamp's Adventure 

"'Peter Pan 2 -Return To Never Land- (2002)'" was released in the theaters before it came out on DVD.  I remember seeing it at the movie theater when I was 9 years old.
It looks excellent on Blu-Ray (I got it from the Disney Movie Club as a Featured Title in 2018).

post-39921-0-79017900-1416836168_thumb.jpg

Edited by SoraDaxjer28

1 hour ago, SoraDaxjer28 said:

While I enjoy pretty much all of the Disney Direct-To-Video Sequels, my personal favorite still remains "'Tinker Bell And The Lost Treasure (2009)'".
It is VERY overlooked.
I also Truly Enjoy "'Secret of The Wings (2012)'", "'Tinker Bell And The Legend of The NeverBeast (2015)'", "'An Extremely Goofy Movie (2000)'", "'The Little Mermaid II -Return To The Sea- (2000)'", "'Pocahontas II -Journey To A New World- (1998)'", "'Winnie The Pooh:  Springtime With Roo (2004)'", And "'Cinderella III -A Twist In Time- (2007)'" (Among Many Others).

"'Peter Pan 2 -Return To Never Land- (2002)'" was released in the theaters before it came out on DVD.  I remember seeing it at the movie theater when I was 9 years old.
It looks excellent on Blu-Ray (I got it from the Disney Movie Club as a Featured Title in 2018).

The Tinkerbell movies are more like a spin-off franchise than direct-to-video sequels, but I did enjoy them. I like the fact that Terence sounds just like Roxas (as they share the same actor).  

2 hours ago, SoraDaxjer28 said:

It is VERY overlooked.

I know. However, the first time I ever heard and see Return to Neverland was on DVD. Never seen any trailers or posters that it was release in theaters. But that just shows that Disney Studios barely push any marketing for Return to Neverland back in 2002. Although I remember watching trailers and seeing The Jungle Book 2 in theaters in 2003. Weird.

Edited by Movies798

Beauty and The Beast - The Enchanted Christmas, because I have no taste. 

I can't get over my soft spot for it, since I saw it first as a kid, even if the animation is crapola a lot of the time. 
Lion King 2 is also pretty good, considering it has no right to be whatsoever 

15 hours ago, Movies798 said:

I know. However, the first time I ever heard and see Return to Neverland was on DVD. Never seen any trailers or posters that it was release in theaters. But that just shows that Disney Studios barely push any marketing for Return to Neverland back in 2002. Although I remember watching trailers and seeing The Jungle Book 2 in theaters in 2003. Weird.

I remember marketing for it. I believe there was some kind of McDonalds collaboration where you could win tickets to see it. Could be wrong though, it was 20 years ago. And I live in the U.K. so perhaps it was advertised more over here since it's partly set in London. 

5 hours ago, Hoshiko Hikari said:

I remember marketing for it. I believe there was some kind of McDonalds collaboration where you could win tickets to see it. Could be wrong though, it was 20 years ago. And I live in the U.K. so perhaps it was advertised more over here since it's partly set in London. 

That makes sense. I live in the US so I didn't see any marketing for Return to Neverland. But I remember seeing some marketing for The Jungle Book 2 coming to theaters though.

On 7/10/2023 at 12:43 PM, ocean's rage said:

aladdin and the king of thieves 

I wish we would get to see Aladdin's dad in KH4.  I loved that giant sea turtle that had all those treasures in that castle on it's back.

Favorite: Aladdin and the King of Thieves

Cause we've finally got to see Aladdin's Father Cassim and Aladdin and Jasmine got Married and brought an end to the Trilogy.

Honorary Mentions

The Lion King II: Simba's Pride

Cinderella III: A Twist in Time

An Extremely Goofy Movie