Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
kristijanEX

A KHwunners thoughts on the new KH4 trailer...

I know that it doesn't matter what I think, but that doesn't really stop me from sharing my thoughts, if you opened the thread, you welcomed my thoughts so you don't have anyone to blame.

--------------------------------------

I made a thread about KH3 (on another acc, I don't frequent so I forgot the account details of my old acc) when it switched from Luminous to UE4 and long story short, I wasn't happy. I wasn't happy with the Sora redesign (or any of the other major characters, matter of fact), the way the game looked and most importantly how characters looked. In my eyes it was all just a giant downgrade, I understand why they did it (UE4 is easier to develop), but couldn't they have done better for one of their biggest franchises on the new engine ? And then the game came out and my opinion of it only became worse...

I did beat the game, but it has to be the MOST disappointing game I have ever played (and I didn't wait 13 years like some people, "only" 6), I won't get into the details, but this ties to the meat of my post because it shows that I had pretty low standards for the next mainline KH installment. I didn't even like the KH3 box art.

------------------------------------

Straight up, I will admit that I think KH4 already looks BETTER than KH3.

Kingdom Hearts 4 Will Feature Original Cartoony Sora, Alternate Tokyo has  no Ties to TWEWY

Let's talk about the Sora redesign, some people have compared him to FFXIII Versus Noctis, but I'm getting more Squall/Leon vibes personally. Although I still prefer the KH1/KH2 hair, it's better than the KH3 version. I actually like the new hoodie jacket design and THANK THE LORD, THEY REMOVED THE STUPID PLAID. As for the colors, I think that I would prefer if it had some blue and yellow on it, but I guess Nomura is still simping for the black and red combo, since KH DDD. Also I don't like how they removed Sora's clown shoe design, it's a staple of the franchise.

My biggest concern with the new installment is that he's gonna turn Kingdom Hearts into FFXIII Versus, the game Nomura actually wanted to make, because Lord knows he didn't want to make KH3... ok ok I'll stop with the KH3 bash.

The cutscene graphics look better than the CGI graphics from KH3, which look worse than the KH2 CGI graphics, I guess I just can't stop hating on KH3, but that's what happens when you're trying to compare the 3/4 mainline titles and one just reeks compared to the others.

Kingdom Hearts 4 gives Sora a new look, Tetsuya Nomura explains why -  Polygon

Kingdom Hearts 4 Interview Confirms Returning KH2 Feature and More

The gameplay and boss graphics look pretty darn good, but the random NPC humans look unpolished, that will hopefully be fixed in the final version, it's the PS5, not the PS3 so NPCs shouldn't look undetailed even if they don't have any plot relevance. The Disney characters look as good as ever, even though you can't really screw up their designs or Disney will get on Square Enix's ass.

The EX drive gauge in the bottom right corner looks like a Drive gauge although it's probably not gonna be the same mechanic, hopefully they bring back the Keyblade Transformations from KH3, because that's one of the KH3 additions I will cosign. Actually nevermind I think that in the trailer they show the keyblade transforming when Sora fires a Spirit Bomb towards the Heartless boss.

Gallery: Here's the first look at Kingdom Hearts 4 gameplay | VGC

image.jpeg.8af816765a6641a7d67c8ecb3487cf40.jpeg

Don't like how the female characters look so far, but I'll have to see Kairi to judge since I'm not familiar with this character (I know it's Strelitzia, but I never played the mobile KH games + mobile graphics aren't a proper comparison to a PS5 game). Actually I just realized that I'm calling this a PS5 game even though most likely it might even launch on the PS6...in that case I expect even better.