Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jaxon

A Reworked version of Kingdom Hearts III

In case you just want to read the story and not read my introductions, I beg you just to read the TL;DR section.

TL;DR: I love KH3 and this rewrite was not spawned out of a place of hate. This is completely for fun, not to be whiney or anything. 

Here’s the rewrite: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10PovSkO7FH4DMOTvrYJ5VeTdrzooL8oy/view?usp=sharing   

Hello. I’m sure you’re all sick of people giving their take on  KH3. So anyway, here’s my take on KH3. I love it. One of the best experiences of my life to be honest. So you’re probably asking: “Why did you waste your time rewriting it if you already think it's good???” Well, because it sounded like fun to me. I’ve seen others releasing rewrites like crazy and I’ve had this thing lying around for awhile. I’ve honestly been working on this, thinking it was finished, then reworking it since 2019. But now I’m confident enough in it to release it…this time for good. Yeah, I’ve released this a few times and then took it down because I decided I needed to change things.

If you think this is going to be me whining about how disappointing KH3 was, I’m sorry but that’s not the case. I think the only real time I made fun of the game during this exercise is poking fun at Arendelle and how Kairi was handled. Not exactly the hottest of takes. 

You might think formatting this rewrite in Google Slides was strange. And you would be right. I used it because it allowed me to provide so many images, skim over the parts I wasn’t changing, and write out the new scenes I was adding. 

When it comes to structure, I’m sticking to a lot of the basic template. This is a rewrite, not an all out fanfiction. Most of this involves tweaking pieces of KH3 and adding onto the main plot. I will also mention that this rewrite is a lot longer than the actual game. I had full creative control and just went all out with it. I understand development time and budget are a thing when making a game, but they weren’t for this rewrite. So you’ll have to suspend your disbelief when it comes to that stuff. 

Anyway, that’s enough introductions. 

Edited by Jaxon

Generally, I didn't like it. And I try to explain why. First, dialogues. They don't quite fit with characters.

Second, format. Font size, that different on each next page, hurt my eyes. Also, text is not divided into paragraphs, turning some pages into a literal jumble. I didn't last long, read few pages and just flipped through the rest.

Third, well, like you said, it's not an all out fanfiction. This could be more interesting if it were.

5 hours ago, Albert said:

Generally, I didn't like it. And I try to explain why. First, dialogues. They don't quite fit with characters.

Second, format. Font size, that different on each next page, hurt my eyes. Also, text is not divided into paragraphs, turning some pages into a literal jumble. I didn't last long, read few pages and just flipped through the rest.

Third, well, like you said, it's not an all out fanfiction. This could be more interesting if it were.

I appreciate your feedback. Sorry you didn't like it. What specfic dialouge do you think doesn't fit? I would like to know so I can improve. 

3 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

i will never understand peoples desire to rewrite KH3

Like I said in my intro it was just for fun. I just wanted to get my ideas out there. I love KH3 to pieces. 

On 3/9/2022 at 9:50 PM, Jaxon said:

I appreciate your feedback. Sorry you didn't like it. What specfic dialouge do you think doesn't fit? I would like to know so I can improve. 

Sorry, I can't remember the specific moments now. I was just scrolling pages and was feeling that some lines are a little out of place.

I looked through first pages again and dialogue between Kairi and Lea catch my attention. I'm sure that Kairi should already know that Roxas and Axel were friends. And another thing. Let's look on what characters say: "Why you kidnapped me?" "Because of Roxas." "What does he have to do with anything?" "We were friends, but then I lost him." "You let him go?" - ??? Kairi, you know what happened to Roxas, right? Kinda silly question. And then Lea telling about Roxas. Again, Kairi already know this information. This scene could be twice as short if the characters were not broadcast what they and players (readers) already know.

I don't know english wery well, but I hope what I wrote more or less clear.

30 minutes ago, Albert said:

Sorry, I can't remember the specific moments now. I was just scrolling pages and was feeling that some lines are a little out of place.

I looked through first pages again and dialogue between Kairi and Lea catch my attention. I'm sure that Kairi should already know that Roxas and Axel were friends. And another thing. Let's look on what characters say: "Why you kidnapped me?" "Because of Roxas." "What does he have to do with anything?" "We were friends, but then I lost him." "You let him go?" - ??? Kairi, you know what happened to Roxas, right? Kinda silly question. And then Lea telling about Roxas. Again, Kairi already know this information. This scene could be twice as short if the characters were not broadcast what they and players (readers) already know.

I don't know english wery well, but I hope what I wrote more or less clear.

Thank you! This is good feedback and your English is was very clear :) 

17 minutes ago, ocean's rage said:

why not do an original story then?

I am! This was the first thing I ever attempted to “write”. And it’s been really good practice for me. I released it to see if anyone would enjoy it so I could get some feedback. 
Most of what’s in the real game is in there. It’s more or less just adding things I thought would’ve been cool to see. 

3 hours ago, Jaxon said:

Thank you! This is good feedback and your English is was very clear :) 

I am! This was the first thing I ever attempted to “write”. And it’s been really good practice for me. I released it to see if anyone would enjoy it so I could get some feedback. 
Most of what’s in the real game is in there. It’s more or less just adding things I thought would’ve been cool to see. 

oh. well i certainly dont want to discourage another budding creative so keep at it and keep practising