Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

What is your favorite Tron world in the series?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Tron world in the series?

• Space Paranoids (Kingdom Hearts II)
    • The Grid (Dream Drop Distance)

While I do love the look and design of Space Paranoids in Kingdom Hearts 2, but I say The Grid is my favorite Tron world. The reason is because The Gird has more environment and more space to explore than in Space Paranoids. However, the big letdown in The Grid was that there's no NPC's walking around to make the world feel alive. In the Tron Legacy movie the world of Tron feels so alive and vivid, but in the game it's just so empty.

Space Paranoids certainly has a unique look and soundscape, but the Grid has more areas to explore and makes use of flow motion slide lines to help with this. The reality shift is great for immersion in the digital setting, and some of the areas recreated from the movie look really good, like the stairs to the portal. The tracks for the Grid have a very Daft Punk vibe to them It's a shame Flynn's refuge isn't somewhere you can go, as they had to render it for the cutscene explaining about Flynn's disc anyway. For bosses, the MCP is definitely memorable, but Rinzler is memorable too, tying back to Space Paranoids (Sora briefly having his Space Paranoids outfit and performing the actions he used back with Tron's limit to try restore him) and the reverse gravity gimmick being from the movie and an added factor in the boss fight combat. While the Commantis final boss isn't anything to write home about, the way it appears in Riku's first major challenge in the world is a nice touch similarly to how Frollo summoned Wargoyle to menace Riku in La Cite Des Cloche prior to the boss fight.

I would say space paranoids  its one of the last few times were other franchises Crossover into the main story that made perfect sense (the entire computer world being part of ansems research) while the world itself is not all that impressive and i agree with other comments here that the one in DDD is more fun to explore i still like the boss fight and the allready mentioned story reasons

For now I say Space Paranoids. Only because I haven't actually played DDD properly yet so I don't know how good The Grid actually is. Seriously outside cutscenes my only experience with it is in Melody of Memory. When I finally play DDD I'll be able to judge it more fairly, it has a good aesthetic and music at least.