Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Isamu Kuno

My Keyblade Theroy

OK so we know the purpose of the Keyblade but not how its made here's my thought.I think that just as the x-Blade is made of two hearts the Keyblades are extentions of their bearers hearts. When someone with a strong heart and has gone through the inheritance ceremony is in danger tries to defend themselves by fighting I believe that instead of "choosing" them like everybody says that, *particular* Keyblade actually comes from them.This fits with the line in the ceremony about "so long as you have the makings". You cant use it if your heart isn't stong enough to create one.This would explain why the Heartless can use it to track Keyblade bearers, because it's an extension of the hearts to which they are instinctively drawn.This may also be why Kairi doesn't have one yet dispite being able to wield one although she has been in danger many times either she was not with her heart or instead of fighting tried to run away.This is also probably why all the Keychains (not counting gears which were likely invented by Organization XIII, probably Vexen) seem to have somethig to do with a person, place, or even thing* ** in the bearers memory which is why when Riku stole it from Sora (the fact that he even could do this, as TerranortXII pointed out, is the biggest hole in my theory and I have no way to dispute it without evidence) it reverted to Kingdom Key.***Also I think the Keyblade channels the strength of the heart into physical power, thats why it grows stronger with its bearers heart.This makes Jafars statement that "the child's strength is not his own" inaccurate.What do you think? Agree? Disagree? Have your own? Tell the world! (and me)*Sweetstack. mmmmm Icecream.**Yay nouns!***This only happens if you do not have Kingdom Key attached during the scene.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Well, the X-Blade isn't just made from two hearts. X-Blade has also got to be made from a heart of pure light and a heart of pure darkness (Ventus and Vanitas for example). If those two hearts forge with one-another, the X-Blade will be formed. Keyblades don't actually come from the owners, they mostly just choose who the true keyblade master is, as Terra stated when he was going to fight Braig when he said "Well you'll find they can be very picky about their masters" and when Sora gave his keyblade to jack Sparrow, only for the keyblade to return to Sora a second after Sora handed to him. You must also have a strong and pure enough heart to have the keyblade. And since when can heartless use the keyblade? heartless are creatures WITHOUT hearts. They are being made from Darkness itself. Kairi doesn't have a keyblade because she doesn't have the cababilities to use one. And yes, the keyblade can channel the strenght of their bearers hearts into physical power, they are a part of them. Hence why keyblade master can summon one so easily.

Okay, he was saying the Heartless are DRAWN to the Keyblade, not that they can use it.

And Jafar was indeed talking about the Keyblade, not Kairi's heart. ("Such is the power of the Keyblade. The boy's strength is not his own.")

Now for your theory, it's good, but the one problem is, Riku was able to steal the Keyblade from Sora. Going with your theory basically states that Riku snatched Sora's heart for a bit. So it can't really be possible for the Keyblade to be an extention of the heart.

Well, the X-Blade isn't just made from two hearts. X-Blade has also got to be made from a heart of pure light and a heart of pure darkness (Ventus and Vanitas for example). If those two hearts forge with one-another, the X-Blade will be formed. Keyblades don't actually come from the owners, they mostly just choose who the true keyblade master is, as Terra stated when he was going to fight Braig when he said "Well you'll find they can be very picky about their masters" and when Sora gave his keyblade to jack Sparrow, only for the keyblade to return to Sora a second after Sora handed to him. You must also have a strong and pure enough heart to have the keyblade. And since when can heartless use the keyblade? heartless are creatures WITHOUT hearts. They are being made from Darkness itself. Kairi doesn't have a keyblade because she doesn't have the cababilities to use one. And yes, the keyblade can channel the strenght of their bearers hearts into physical power, they are a part of them. Hence why keyblade master can summon one so easily.

Actually Kairi can use a Keyblade. Remember? She fought with one Riku let her borrow. If she couldn't use one then it would have returned to

Riku, regardless of whether he gave it to her or not.

Also the whole darkness and light thing wasn't imperative to my theory thats why i didn't mention it only the coming from the heart thing mattered.

Okay, he was saying the Heartless are DRAWN to the Keyblade, not that they can use it.

And Jafar was indeed talking about the Keyblade, not Kairi's heart. ("Such is the power of the Keyblade. The boy's strength is not his own.")

Now for your theory, it's good, but the one problem is, Riku was able to steal the Keyblade from Sora. Going with your theory basically states that Riku snatched Sora's heart for a bit. So it can't really be possible for the Keyblade to be an extention of the heart.

Yeah, you could be right even though any bearer can use any Keyblade that does't mean they can take one. Roxas and Sora could most likely only steal each others because they are one and the same.

I still stand with my theory though (holes and all). I spent a lot of my free time thinking about it.

Actually Kairi can use a Keyblade. Remember? She fought with one Riku let her borrow. If she couldn't use one then it would have returned to

At this time, Kairi inharited the keyblade (skip to 00:14)

Sora couldn't use the keyblade in his anti-form,so basically yeah heartless can't use the keyblade.

Yeah, you could be right even though any bearer can use any Keyblade that does't mean they can take one. Roxas and Sora could most likely only steal each others because they are one and the same.

I still stand with my theory though (holes and all). I spent a lot of my free time thinking about it.

Haha good. That's why it's called a theory. No, it's still good, even if there are some loops there :P

At this time, Kairi inharited the keyblade (skip to 00:14)

I know but just because she inherited a the Keyblade doesn't mean she has her own it took Sora and Riku 10 years to get one. Thank you for backing me up on the whole "Kairi can use a Keyblade" thing btw.

Huh, what you say makes sense, I also enjoyed the asterisked notations you made, those made me laugh a little.

Gears were made by the Organization? Any proof of this? I'd be willing to believe this, as it seems to make sense, but I'm a little doubtful.

Huh, what you say makes sense, I also enjoyed the asterisked notations you made, those made me laugh a little.

Gears were made by the Organization? Any proof of this? I'd be willing to believe this, as it seems to make sense, but I'm a little doubtful.

No proof. That's why I said "probably". It just makes sense, since so far we've only seen Organization members use them and they're interchangeable between members no matter what kind of weapon they use. Just another theory I have. Not as solid as the Keyblade one though.

But the Kingdom Key was meant for Riku, Sora intercepted it because Sora touched Riku's light as they both left the Island.

And I honestly agree with this theory, with a tweek. The Keyblade isn't your heart. It is an extension, as in, once you have a strong enough heart have your own, it just get dramatically weaker then you would be with one. (If that makes sense.)

So when Riku lost his Original Key, Sora didn't have Riku's heart, just the extension he was supposed to have.

But otherwise, I like it. :)

But the Kingdom Key was meant for Riku, Sora intercepted it because Sora touched Riku's light as they both left the Island.

And I honestly agree with this theory, with a tweek. The Keyblade isn't your heart. It is an extension, as in, once you have a strong enough heart have your own, it just get dramatically weaker then you would be with one. (If that makes sense.)

So when Riku lost his Original Key, Sora didn't have Riku's heart, just the extension he was supposed to have.

But otherwise, I like it. :)

Thank you but I did say it's an extension some people just left that part out of their replies to save time.

Ok yes I think that a keyblade can chose his master but in the case of sora and riku the keyblade did not chose sora aqua chose sora and terra chose riku if you have play kh bbs when terra go to destiny island he meet riku and make him a keyblade weilder and aqua makes sora a weilder to in the secret ending sora says I am how I am because of them he is refering to aqua and terra thas the real way sora is a keblade weilder

Ok yes I think that a keyblade can chose his master but in the case of sora and riku the keyblade did not chose sora aqua chose sora and terra chose riku if you have play kh bbs when terra go to destiny island he meet riku and make him a keyblade weilder and aqua makes sora a weilder to in the secret ending sora says I am how I am because of them he is refering to aqua and terra thas the real way sora is a keblade weilder

Actually, Terra only chose Riku to be a keyblade master, Sora didn't know who Terra was or why he was at the Islands. Aqua didn't exactly choose Sora to be a keyblade master, she just told him that it's his job to protect Riku no matter what.

Your theory is pretty interesting. It reminds me of a line in one of the Xehanort Reports, where he said that all Keyblades, except the X-blade of course, are said to be man-made counterparts to Kingdom Hearts. Though, your theory going against everything we've been told for almost a decade makes me feel like disagreeing lol xD

I don't know if you can call it stealing if he just took back what originally belonged to him ^^;

Sora couldn't use the keyblade in his anti-form,so basically yeah heartless can't use the keyblade.

Isn't it obvious that Anti-form =/= Heartless?

Ok yes I think that a keyblade can chose his master but in the case of sora and riku the keyblade did not chose sora

Yes it did.

aqua chose sora

She was about to but decided against it once she realized Terra had already passed down the power to Riku.

and terra chose riku if you have play kh bbs when terra go to destiny island he meet riku and make him a keyblade weilder and aqua makes sora a weilder to

I'm wondering when "Aqua passed down the power to Sora." :

in the secret ending sora says I am how I am because of them he is refering to aqua and terra thas the real way sora is a keblade weilder

He's referring to everyone; all of the sad people who are waiting for him to mend their hurting, not just Aqua and Terra. Or we can use the Japanese dialogue:

"I have to reconnect everything back together again."

come to think of it, riku takes one of roxas' keyblades too. maybe thats just something he can do?

Roxas threw it to Riku because of Xion's influence. Riku could then use it because of his wielder status.

I like this theory that the keyblades are an extension of the wielder. And they come in different forms based on the wielders heart and emotion. They are a weapon summoned from the hearts stremgth.

I feel like the organization kind of found a way to copy this without keyblades that's why every member has a different weapon and style it's based somewhat from their personality and can be summoned kind of for battle.