Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ergman

odd nobodies theory

since this theory is very weird and almost anti-canon, i dont expect anyone to agree, but i while playing days, i had a thought. everyone says that nobodies cant have emotions, because they dont have hearts, right? they say that they only pretend to have feelings by remembering there past lives. i dissagree with this. (gasp) I think that the nobodies have it wrong about themselves. I think they do have feelings, but they dont believe it. my 'evidence' of this is that for 1, all the nobodies have very strong personalities, and display there emotions alot. but they're in denile or something. axel often laughs and then says things about how he isn't actually being happy or something. what do you think?

Actually, your theory is wrong and way off. First of all, nobodies don't have a heart, they are only body and soul of a person. True, they pretend to have hearts, but that doesn't mean they have one. They only pretend what their former selves were like back when they had a heart. The only person who actually had a heart out of the entire organization was Roxas due to him having Ven's heart. Like in KH 358/2 Days, tears sometimes fell from his eyes.

Here's a video of yen sid explaining it:

lnSwkcc2Vkg&feature=related

Actually, your theory is wrong and way off. First of all, nobodies don't have a heart, they are only body and soul of a person. True, they pretend to have hearts, but that doesn't mean they have one. They only pretend what their former selves were like back when they had a heart. The only person who actually had a heart out of the entire organization was Roxas due to him having Ven's heart. Like in KH 358/2 Days, tears sometimes fell from his eyes.

Here's a video of yen sid explaining it:

lnSwkcc2Vkg&feature=related

Take a moment to read his post, and you'll see that he knows that, but think that it has been misinterpreted by the Organization.

He's basically saying that Nobodies do have emotions, they just don't think they do.

fool. They seem to have strong personalities because their somebodies did. They're just copying it.

do you begin every sentance with fool? ive never seen otherwise. i like it. it has style.

Fools. All of you are wrong. Roxas and Namine can cry because of one reason. They are special. Laughter is not necessarily an emotion. Joy is, which can result in laughter. DUHH

I've brought up stuff like this before. I ask people what the Organization gains by pretending to have emotions,and people tend to reply with 'They're in denial. And Sora is an evil monster who killed them. And the Organization is the good guys!'

There's no real reason why they would pretend to have emotions. It gains them nothing, and seems like a lot of extra work. Yen Sid warns Sora not to be fooled by them, implying that there is some danger to believing Nobodies have hearts (Again brought up when Sora meets Demyx and says 'We do to have hearts, don't be mad' at which point someone is Sora's party mentions they can't be fooled, what would be different if Sora HAD believed Demyx had a heart?)

But there is no perceivable danger in this misconception, so it seems entirely useless. There seem to be a lot of contradictions around what a Nobody IS, and I'll bring up one in particular. People mention that Nobodies remember what their Somebodies were like, but in Chain of Memories, Namine tells Sora that memories are connected to the heart.

Basically, it seems that everything KH characters say is not in fact set in stone (Which is a problem in series as convoluted KH) so things like Nobodies and hearts seems more based on the speakers impression that fact. Because of this, I believe Nobodies do have some capacity to emote, just as they have some capacity to remember.

I've brought up stuff like this before. I ask people what the Organization gains by pretending to have emotions,and people tend to reply with 'They're in denial. And Sora is an evil monster who killed them. And the Organization is the good guys!'

There's no real reason why they would pretend to have emotions. It gains them nothing, and seems like a lot of extra work. Yen Sid warns Sora not to be fooled by them, implying that there is some danger to believing Nobodies have hearts (Again brought up when Sora meets Demyx and says 'We do to have hearts, don't be mad' at which point someone is Sora's party mentions they can't be fooled, what would be different if Sora HAD believed Demyx had a heart?)

But there is no perceivable danger in this misconception, so it seems entirely useless. There seem to be a lot of contradictions around what a Nobody IS, and I'll bring up one in particular. People mention that Nobodies remember what their Somebodies were like, but in Chain of Memories, Namine tells Sora that memories are connected to the heart.

Basically, it seems that everything KH characters say is not in fact set in stone (Which is a problem in series as convoluted KH) so things like Nobodies and hearts seems more based on the speakers impression that fact. Because of this, I believe Nobodies do have some capacity to emote, just as they have some capacity to remember.

THANK YOU!

Obviously we know that Nobodies do not have hearts. But what I'm wondering is, based on what we have seen and what we can deduce (such as the emotions and memories), that maybe the Organization is made up of special Nobodies, like Roxas and Namine, and they may have some trace of a heart, but based on the description of a Nobody, they believe that they are completely void of hearts, and pretend that they have what they believe they don't but actually do.

...done rambling now :P

Exactly.

hmm, I don't have anything else to say.