Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

Games/Films/TV Chat

Journos and Devs said that ER's UI wasn't user friendly. And they said that, it also didn't give them accessibility options. So someone made this as a clapback saying "I found it- the improved Elden Ring UI"

20230325_150514.jpg

"HURRRR MODERN GAMES HOLD YOUR HAND TOO MUCH" says the Souls fan.

"SOULS GAMES SHOULD HAVE DIFFICULTIES THERE ARE GENUINE UNFAIR MOMENTS" retorted the everyone else.

"JUST GET GOOD"

"FROMSOFT NEEDS BETTER BALANCE"

"DONT BE A NORMIE"

"NO QUEST LOG IS STUPID"

over and over again

they had that story the other day saying they'd be using ai to help write things, yeah? apparently it's largely focused on the sidequests which is like... they've put so many sidequests in their games lately, so i honestly wouldn't mind it as much if they decided to phone it in for most of them and let ai handle it (especially considering how same-y they can be)

well yeah, that too

the thing I hated the most about the Elden Ring discourse was the spirit summon thing. The game was intentionally designed with spirit summons in mind and people were on tons of COPIUM regarding it because they were firetrucking unbalanced. No people didn't play the game wrong by using spirit summons. It's just from software who firetrucked it up.

...but

that'd just make the probIem worse

if you can have an ai potentiaIIy pump out an entire side-quest script without a second Iook or overview, then

you'd have IiteraIIy 100's upon hundreds of side-quest markers on your dinky map

Like Elden Ring has just one difficulty. They have no excuse regarding "yeah but this game was actually supposed to be played in this difficulty to get a clear picture regarding combat design"

ubisoft is genuineIy as bad as Sonic Team in my eyes
except one of them doesn't have a harrassment cuIture

Imao
kinda dug their own hoIe with that one