Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
KH13

Final Fantasy VII Remake Spoilers Chat

yeah but normal mode is not hard enough to justify having nothing above it until you beat it

if you get competent with the battle system you dont even come close to dying unless you pretty much go AFK

there is so much leeway with undoing all your mistakes

which is fine, but seems like a very very low difficulty to have as the default maximum for NG

And yeah, they are left mysterious intentionally

Ahh you are a newcomer

Well buckle up

Still a lot more left

So as a newcomer, what did you think of the story in general?

Story was really great

I was just super confused when it stopped being grounded

All the

fate, destiny, sephiroth and cloud connections, flashbacks

had me interested so I was a little bummed out that it wasn't explained yet

Best part was the chapter when

the plate fell

imo

Fate and destiny seem to be new things so you aren't alone in that haha. They will explain the other stuff more later

Ah yeah, that was a good segment

So do you think

Wedge lived?

He was left ambiguous

I was teary eyed when aerith helped the little kid instead of trying to find Marlene because she couldn't leave her behind ?

And yes. I think so. Otherwise it wouldn't be left ambiguous imo

Oh yeah, I think I noticed an appearance of

Caith Sith

When the

Sector 7 plate is falling down, there's a shot of Cait Sith kneeling and crying

or something like that

I don't know, with the ending of the game I expected a few more negative ones

> It’s as if Final Fantasy VII were the outline of a school paper and Final Fantasy VII Remake is a grad school thesis.

Jason Schreier on the remake

It definitely added a lot more stuff in it

Like Aerith and Cloud on the rooftops after escaping Reno lasts a lot longer, and they talk a lot there

Which also ends with Aerith saying shit

Which I found hilarious as firetruck

> Even as I enjoyed the new cutscenes and marveled at the sights and sounds of Shinra, I always knew what was coming next. Cloud’s fall. Wall Market. The train graveyard. The big escape. It’s a weird feeling, playing a game that feels brand new yet utterly predictable at the same time.
>
> But I was also confident that by the end of it all, I’d feel unsatisfied. Every flashback to Cloud’s razed hometown of Nibelheim or hint about Sephiroth’s clones joining together for Reunion was just a reminder that we wouldn’t actually see those scenes in the game. Every new character or extended dungeon felt like it was taking away time that could have been devoted to chunks of Final Fantasy VII that I knew wouldn’t be in here, like Junon, the port city built around a giant cannon that you visit shortly after Midgar. I wanted to see Final Fantasy VII Remake’s take on the beach resort Costa del Sol, or that glorious flying theme park, the Golden Saucer. I was prepared to burst into tears at… well, I won’t ruin that one thing. (You probably know the thing.)
>
> Then I got to the end and realized that, without spoiling anything, the game’s developers were more or less asking what it means to remake a video game. How faithfully do you have to stick to the script? Just how much, if anything, do creators owe their biggest fans, the ones who have spent so many years begging for a release like this?

> By the time I reached the credits, Final Fantasy VII Remake had left me simultaneously thrilled and confounded. I still want to see the rest of the game, but, taking in the sweep of things and noticing the cumulative effect of a succession of surprises, I think I understand what the developers are trying to do—and why it had to be presented and released this way. The answer, of course, is that a remake can be whatever its creators want it to be.
>
> Final Fantasy VII Remake is not what I expected. It’s a grand, ambitious, beautiful experiment, a bold new take on a game that millions of people remember fondly. It sometimes feels shackled by the weight of two decades worth of expectations, but it handles those restraints with aplomb. I certainly can’t wait to see what’s next. As a great man named Barret Wallace once said: There ain’t no getting off this train we on.

Jason's review of it

wow I woke up checked the internet and now exactly the things I predicted are happening. People whining because it's not a 9/10, complaining that the game is only 30-35 hours long even though the original had the same length and that ff7r couldn't replicate the nostalgia feeling.