Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Fullmetal Keyblade

Why I Distanced Myself From The Community

Over the last week on YouTube several of the larger Kingdom Hearts creators have released videos that have either been addressing the current state of divide within the community, announcing a new or different focus, or a combination of both. (i.e. TheGamersJoint,SarahKey,Soraalam1)

While they are just getting around to finally saying something about what they have been observing, I saw and was truthfully wary of the uncoming divide as soon as KH3 released. In my personal experience I loved the game, while it does have it's faults and shortcomings, I was very happy and satisfied when it was over and it will always hold a dear place in my heart, along with the rest of the franchise. 

While people arguing over things they are passionate about is nothing new, particularly on the internet,however, it becomes something less like passionate discussion when differences in opinion and experiences are not respected and/or considered. 

If people can't unite and overcome trivialities or differences in opinion over video games it tarnishes the experience for those who aren't as heavily invested. Fanbases can ruin great things because of this, and it ultimately breeds a toxicity in the community that alienates others. 

For a franchise with themes about the power of friends and those who are connected to you, it's a sad dark irony to experience such a divide. I stopped interacting as much with the KH community and while there are many good and friendly people within this community, it's been hard to go too far into any KH related material recently and not see a outpouring of negativity and division.

I hope that this can work out itself and not become something that others look at and will eventually want nothing to do with, many people who have never played a Kingdom Hearts game already express the hesitation to jump in due to the long overarching story (some might say convoluted) and having a community that is struggling the way I've seen this one struggling won't help bring over any new heads. But frankly that's a small reason to want to strive for better unity. The biggest should be that we want to embrace the community and share our experiences and grow bigger together, let differences be where they are and don't attack another for things you don't agree to. 

TL;DR: I Left because I'm afraid this community has become strongly divided after the release of KH3, sometimes approaching very toxic levels, and I don't want that to be a part of what I think of when I remember Kingdom Hearts. 

30 minutes ago, Fullmetal Keyblade said:

For a franchise with themes about the power of friends and those who are connected to you, it's a sad dark irony to experience such a divide. I stopped interacting as much with the KH community and while there are many good and friendly people within this community, it's been hard to go too far into any KH related material recently and not see a outpouring of negativity and division.

This, a billion times this.

I have started releasing my theories on various platforms, mainly YT. However I don't just release theories on the lore, I speculate and explain the moral that the story is trying to teach. I'm hoping with my work I can help inspire people to really take to heart the lessons trying to be taught. I think one of major problems is that there isn't new content to get hype over. All we really have left to fuel the community is our opinions. Unfortunately we have a problem of people not respecting others opinions. If what we could use is more content, then let's not just look to the future. That won' do us any good especially considering how long we might have to wait until the next game. Are we just going to go into Hibernation or can we actually keep this active. I believe we can by looking into the past. There is so much still left to be uncovered from the games already out. Unfortunately there is a lack of faith in whether or not there is anything worth looking into. That's not true you just look at my videos to see. I have a video essay that analyzes multiple games, theories for multiple characters. It's over an hour long and of that I think only 5 min has to do with KH3. However the implications of the analysis and theories can be applied to KH3 and beyond. My point is that there is content and discussions that can satisfy both old and new fans. Even if we do get something to fill the void that still won't excuse the toxicity and close mindedness. That requires people to take a real good look at themselves  and get some humility. You can believe in your position, but it doesn't mean you need to treat it like fact. 

If you want to see a super detailed analysis/theory video that can show you a past story in a new light you should check out my first video. The objective of my essay is to show that Xemnas actually had his own dream and wasn't just another one of Xehanorts pawn in KH2. As I put together Xemnas's true agenda a fully explore the true nature of a nobody and even draw a connection between Nobodies and another species that we are well acquainted with. I conclude it with explaining the moral that Nomura was trying to teach with the inclusion of Xemnas and the Nobodies. 

If you just want an interesting theory I also have videos known as food for thought. I show alternate possibilities to what we know of the series. Things that may make even more sense than the current explanation and will play a role in the future of the series.

You can find it all on my channel 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa_WuICF3PTTac8fSD0UuDQ

I really to bring both some thought provoking and positivity inspiring content.