Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

KH General Chat

Baldr’s name in KHDR is poetic irony because Baldur’s death in Norse mythology brought upon Ragnarok. But in DR, it was Hoder’s death that was the beginning of the end and brought about a symbolic death and rebirth to Baldr’s character (in the form of a week in solitary and coming out the sole survivor of the upperclassmen).

If we’re drawing parallels to Norse mythology even more, Xehanort’s is Loki, especially since Hoder was nestled away in the guy’s heart and tried killing Baldr similar to how Loki tricked Hodur in the mythos.

Also, since Xehanort has parallels to Loki, one could make an argument the man is g-fluid, but that’s a “shit’s-and-giggles” theory blah blah blah.

So anyway.

I’m a normal person, who’s thought about this a normal amount.

ALSO ALSO

Baldr = KH character
Baldur = Norse God

Hoder = KH character
Hodur = Norse God

Most of the characters’ whose names end with a “ur” in the mythos either have it switched to “er” or have the “u” dropped out entirely. Which was super interesting.

The only exception I can remember is Urd.

Vor I wish followed this convention because this poor girl has her name mispronounced all the time.

Her name is pronounced “Ver” btw.

You asked the RIGHT person this.

So the Darkness that whispered things into Baldr's ear is separate from Baldr's own. However, Baldr is acting of his own accord after his release from Solitary. The Darkness inside Baldr was already there and festering, but the grief, isolation, and untreated trauma + the antagonistic attitude towards darkness in the heart accelerated what was already there.

> "But the more darkness I felt, the deeper my heart sank into the abyss. It started to consume me, until one day, I realized that the darkness I thought was theirs was in truth mine."
And all that.

Nah "yapping" is when to me someone goes on and on about uninteresting malarkey

This was an in depth uhhh something or other

I dont have a good vocabulary