Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

KH General Chat

I certainly remember the egregiously long waits for Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III. I agree that the wait times for those games were almost unbearable at times.

As for the games themselves released during those specific years you mentioned, although there were a couple I wasn’t too fond of, I still really enjoyed many of the games released by Square Enix from 2009 to 2017.

I’m aware not everyone feels the same way, but that’s okay. We all have our own opinions and tastes. For example, I remember all the heavy arguing and major criticisms people had towards Final Fantasy XIII back in the day. But I still really love Final Fantasy XIII. It’s not my first favorite Final Fantasy game, but it is one of my favorites in the series.

There were other games during those years I loved too. Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Bravely Default, Final Fantasy XV, NieR Automata, and a few others were some of the games released in the 2009 to 2017 time period that I personally love.

That period of time also included my personal discovery of the Kingdom Hearts franchise for the first time. Whereas many others had already played Kingdom Hearts on the PS2, I didn’t actually try Kingdom Hearts until the HD 1.5 ReMix was released for PS3. From there, I fell in love with Kingdom Hearts, and to this day Kingdom Hearts is my overall favorite video game series ever.

I had some personal disappointments during that timeframe too. I’m a fan of the Star Ocean series, for example, and I remember Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness being kind of disappointing to me when it released. Luckily, I feel like the newest entry in that series, Star Ocean: The Divine Force, was a much better game overall and a real return to form for Tri Ace.

But I remember after playing SO: Integrity and Faithlessness feeling very disappointed. To this day, that’s the only Star Ocean game I’m not the fondest of, although I will admit it still had some enjoyable aspects to it.

My point is not that you’re wrong or don’t have a good point regarding those years. But what I am trying to say is that I don’t think, for many people, that it’s necessarily them forgetting those years. I think for many people, they just happened to have different opinions and viewpoints. At least for the games themselves, I think it’s equally valid for people to have varying opinions.

Regardless of whether some had more negative opinions and some had more positive opinions, I think they’re all valid opinions in the end.

So really, I’m just saying that although maybe for you the years 2009 to 2017 may have been bad for Square Enix, I don’t think most people are forgetting those years. I think it’s just people having different opinions. Which is totally fine if you ask me.

Sorry. Sometimes I go on too long. 😅

I know it’s a long wall of text. Sorry.

I’m not trying to cause any arguments. I’m sorry if anything I said was too much.

I hope they give up on the NFT’s, though. As of now it seems like they’ve quieted down a bit regarding that. But I also hope they don’t keep going after NFTs. 😅

I get what you're saying. It's probably a "nostalgia" type thing, but I do really think the company is inna good place. Idk why people are doomposting on it so much since 16 came out. Not saying you are I don't think that, but, Square is doing better than they have in the past

Personally I think this is their best period since the PS1 FF trilogy days.