Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Spoiler

I was blown away by the ending until the last 2 seconds when Sora disappeared! So I broke the game down and I think I found some answers regarding Sora's fate and it's not as grim as I thought!

First, the Paopu Tree is symbolic for connections, it's where Ventus merged with Sora, where Xion imagined herself with her friends and Zexion tore Riku's mind apart with illusions of broken bonds. The Paopu Tree is figurative.

The KH3 Ending is actually Another World Another Story, KH1 and KH2 endings told in reverse!

Another Side Another Story: A cloaked, older Riku is in a dark city watching over Roxas.

KH1: Sora is forced to continue his journey, Kairi sees the drawing of the Paopu Fruit, imagines Sora who disappears before her eyes and she cries.

KH2: Riku and Sora are lost, Kairi, Donald, Mickey and Goofy wait on the island believing with all their heart that their friends will come back, this opens the door to light and they finally go home.

KH3: Roxas and his large group of friends are on the Clockwork Tower, they look up at a shadow, the shadow is in the shape of the gummi ship which Riku then uses to pick up Namine and take her to Destiny Islands where everyone is happy on the beach, not sad. In the background, while everyone plays, the Paopu Tree is in clear view, NO ONE is stood or sat there. When Donald is angered that his sculpture has been destroyed Riku and Mickey talk to Aqua then divert everyone's attention to the Paopu Tree where Sora and Kairi have suddenly appeared out of no where. Everyone is smiling and looks full of hope, no sadness to be seen, the KH1 refence begins. Kairi starts crying and Sora fades away, but look at her mouth, while she's crying she's smiling, so is Sora. So we can assume that they are symbolically 'sharing the same sky' or coming back home as everyone believes in them setting a scene for the next game. Either way, they are with each other and everyone is looking on with happy smiles.

In the Yozura ending, Sora wakes up in TWEWY Shibuya, a city close to death where Riku seems to be looking for him and a cloaked figure watches over them, very similar to Another Side Another Story.

Replay KH3 from the begining and you will pick up on a few things regarding Sora and Kairi. For instance, every world tells a story of loss, love, and 'resolution', which Nomura said is the theme of the game.

Rapunzel revives Eugine with light and love, same with Anna and Elsa, Sully must say goodbye to Boo but knows he can find her again, Pooh misses Sora but knows  they can meet again, Will and Elizabeth are connected by fate and heart, the Twilight Trio lost a friend in an alternative universe and seek to find him. Tadashi is lost but Baymax is recovered.

Buzz seems to be afraid of loss as the toys realise they are in an alternate universe without Andy. There the Young Xehanort hints at Sora's demise, and traps him in the Yozora world (a game Rex can't beat, probably because OUR characters are missing).

Alternative Universes are from now on a constant hint.

In Twilight Town Sora asks the Twilight Trio to think of Roxas, Roxas later confirms that he needed a connection to return him to life, Riku seems to have gathered everyone with a connection to Sora and Kairi on Destiny Islands.

When all Sora's friends meet their demise he dives into the darkness, chasing a Grim Reaper to give their hearts back. Young Xehanort claims Sora is using his Power of Waking recklessly and will sink furher into the abyss, similar to the events of KH:DDD.

Kairi rescues Sora, he specifically says "You're the one who kept me from fading away" she says all she did was believe  and Sora is safe with her. In flashbacks he remembers the Princesses of Light, Rapunzel, Elsa and Anna, bringing their loved ones back from their demise, or abyss.

Just before the games ultimate end, Sora refuses to go home, he has made his hearts 'resolution' to find Kairi and says he knows where to go. Riku allows him to go without a fight and The Keyblade leads Sora to an unknown destination, probably Shibuya, a world he promised to visit in KH:DDD, a world close to death in its original series, an Abyss. In this world is the Reaper Game he played in KH:DDD (he chased a Reaper before Kairi saved him, remember?). Riku also seems to be nearby, a lot of people think he's in Insomnia but Square Enix is probably just recycling material. He seems to be in the same world, just another side of it as the cloaked figure (and Yozura) watch over him and Sora.

So, to summarize, everyone is on the beach together, happily thinking of Sora and Kairi, believing in them, at some point Riku seems to have gone to look for or help Sora, wherever he is, there, Sora is alive and well. In Rex's video game a Riku like character seems to be trying to save a trapped girl, setting the scene for a future scenario in a new (most likely parallel) world, where our trio continue their adventures.

Nomura has voiced interested in releasing a DLC pack, who knows what this means but it could mean new information, storylines or worlds think Dissida NT. He's rounded up everyone's story's except our original three which means they can come back in future games, he did say he planned KH3 with the franchises future in mind and that he's not done with Sora.

Phew! I hope this answered a lot of questions and worries,. The Xehanort Saga has come to an amazing end and Nomura set Sora back to the start of his journey, searching for Kairi, setting the scene for future games.

Riku isn't in Shibuya, he's in Shinjuku, which was the inspiration for Insomnia in FF15.  Though more specifically, he's in Verum Rex, Yozora's game which is heavily inspired by FF Versus 13, which was what 15 was originally going to be before it went into development hell and later became 15.

Spoiler

well,

i mean yeah, it's pretty clear -as clear as a nomura teaser can be- what we end up with is along the following:

sora went to search for kairi, she made it back but not him, his time in this world being somehow hinted by YX as being up.

secret ending reveals him waking up in TWEWY shibuya, and riku pretty much doing the same at shinjuku, with the appearance of yozora, hinting at them being in verum rex which could be anything from just the video game to an actual specific whatever world placed in some sort of dimension. a sleeping world? something different? a specific place? we don't know.

verum rex's trailer tooks place in shibuya btw, hinting at sora and riku being in the same world.

we can theorize riku used the power of waking to get to sora, hence him being here.

as for the cloaked figure, so far the safest bet, considering its gesture and stance and body shape, is that it is the MoM,

now knowing he is supposed to return in the "real" world, as hinted by Luxu's reports, along with the lost masters, we can imagine he eiher vanished dimmed, disappeared back then during the events of KHX to this place in particular, the same way sora vanished from the real world, and such was hinted by YX and later Mickey himself.

is this world any special or is it the fact that it's placed in a specific realm we don't know about? The abyss we've been told about time and time again? dunno for now, pure speculations.

that sort of entertwined with the epilogue, with the final passage between Y eraqus and Xehanort hinting at a new game, this new game being an new installment in the series rather than a real chess game, the 7 dark pieces representing the lost masters and the MoM, and Y eraqus placing the white piece representing sora, sort of implying this will be his next quest.

the secret ending maybe something more of a "spin off" with its main plot being recovering sora from wherever he is, it also possibly being their first encounter with the MoM before he is brought back as well, with the help of Luxu/xig, probably using the content of the black box.

my guess would be that the state of the ToyBox world would be a good hint at what kind of world/realm they are in, with the parallel with Verum rex and yozora being there.

i guess i'd say seeing how yozora clearly has what looks like the new vestments sora, riku mickey kairi and lea are wearing, i'd assume he is from the real world as well and not just a video game.

seeing how toybox's world got sort of split and that in the version we got to visit buzz was apparently able to really fire his laser compared to their "real world's version" maybe yozora's world translated into a video game there, a bit farfetched though, at that point assumptions are all we can go with.

regardless, that's all pretty interesting,

15 hours ago, sorakm said:
  SPOILERS: Click to reveal

well,

i mean yeah, it's pretty clear -as clear as a nomura teaser can be- what we end up with is along the following:

sora went to search for kairi, she made it back but not him, his time in this world being somehow hinted by YX as being up.

secret ending reveals him waking up in TWEWY shibuya, and riku pretty much doing the same at shinjuku, with the appearance of yozora, hinting at them being in verum rex which could be anything from just the video game to an actual specific whatever world placed in some sort of dimension. a sleeping world? something different? a specific place? we don't know.

verum rex's trailer tooks place in shibuya btw, hinting at sora and riku being in the same world.

we can theorize riku used the power of waking to get to sora, hence him being here.

as for the cloaked figure, so far the safest bet, considering its gesture and stance and body shape, is that it is the MoM,

now knowing he is supposed to return in the "real" world, as hinted by Luxu's reports, along with the lost masters, we can imagine he eiher vanished dimmed, disappeared back then during the events of KHX to this place in particular, the same way sora vanished from the real world, and such was hinted by YX and later Mickey himself.

is this world any special or is it the fact that it's placed in a specific realm we don't know about? The abyss we've been told about time and time again? dunno for now, pure speculations.

that sort of entertwined with the epilogue, with the final passage between Y eraqus and Xehanort hinting at a new game, this new game being an new installment in the series rather than a real chess game, the 7 dark pieces representing the lost masters and the MoM, and Y eraqus placing the white piece representing sora, sort of implying this will be his next quest.

the secret ending maybe something more of a "spin off" with its main plot being recovering sora from wherever he is, it also possibly being their first encounter with the MoM before he is brought back as well, with the help of Luxu/xig, probably using the content of the black box.

my guess would be that the state of the ToyBox world would be a good hint at what kind of world/realm they are in, with the parallel with Verum rex and yozora being there.

i guess i'd say seeing how yozora clearly has what looks like the new vestments sora, riku mickey kairi and lea are wearing, i'd assume he is from the real world as well and not just a video game.

seeing how toybox's world got sort of split and that in the version we got to visit buzz was apparently able to really fire his laser compared to their "real world's version" maybe yozora's world translated into a video game there, a bit farfetched though, at that point assumptions are all we can go with.

regardless, that's all pretty interesting,

Spoiler

I dare you all to look at the Paopu tree when everyone's playing frisbee, no one is sat on the tree or even stood near it until Riku looks and Kairi is crying with a smile. 

Screenshot_20190206-143610.jpg

Screenshot_20190206-143746.jpg

On 2/6/2019 at 3:58 PM, Bethany Ann Funnell said:
  SPOILERS: Click to reveal

I dare you all to look at the Paopu tree when everyone's playing frisbee, no one is sat on the tree or even stood near it until Riku looks and Kairi is crying with a smile. 

Spoiler

I think and I hope it's a mistake or an oversight. Because otherwise the next game in addition to understanding what happened to Sora will be focused on saving Kairi for the umpteenth time and it seems very unlikely. So I think it's a mistake because you have to see the video frame by frame to notice it

On 2/6/2019 at 3:58 PM, Bethany Ann Funnell said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

i don't really see the problem here,

they all seem pretty surprised at some point right before the scene focuses on sora and kairi, assuming she's just reappeared, and thus wasn't there before while they were enjoying themselves, most likely all gathered there to  wait for sora and kairi's return,

sora dissapearing is implying he didn't make it back, hence the secret movie, which has quite some meaning given  TWEWY's story and the fact the "players" there are said to be dead and given a second chance in the Reaper's game.