Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
TakenKing

Moment that had you completely hooked on KH?

With Kingdom Hearts 3 on the horizon I was thinking about the moment that stuck with me that made me say to myself “Im in love this series. I’m sold i don’t care what comes out I’m playing it.” For me that moment is in Kingdom Hearts 1 when Sora stabbed himself in the heart to free Kairi’s heart. That moment was just so powerful. Sora accomplished his goal of saving Kairi and he selflessly did it without hesitation at the expense of his own life. It was that moment that had me sold on the game there was no turning back for me. My favorite moment takes place shortly after you defeat Ansem for the final time in KH1 and there’s that cutscene of Sora and Kairi talking. The moment their hands separated and simple and clean began to play was a very emotional and bittersweet moment for myself. All this work to save her and to reunite with your friends now you gotta split apart from her again. That really pulled at the heart strings and is a moment I go back and rewatch more than anything else in the whole series.

It just so happened that the two moments for me are different, but for you they may be one and the same and that’s perfectly ok. I just want to know what is the moment that completely had you sold on the series or your absolute favorite moment from the whole series?

Wow, I have no idea.  I think it was probably while playing Days although I don’t remember which one it was.  I remember getting ice cream bars in the dining hall and pretending they were sea salt ice cream.  I also remember when my only class was cancelled and at couldn’t help but think of Axel, Roxas and Xion had a day off.  I miss those days. ?

But if I had to pick one moment from the series to be my favorite, it would have to be Axel saying “If you have a dream, don’t wait.  Act.”  And then precedes to kidnap Kairi (which was ok because then Saix couldn’t get her).  I just think it’s kinda funny and so Axel like a thing to do.  The contrast is brilliant.  Those words stuck with me.  I need to take his advice.

The moment that had me hooked on Kingdom Hearts? It was probably after completing the first game. I fell in love with all the characters and wanted to continue their story. Since I played in 2007 I played KHI and KHII back to back and didn't have long to wait.

The moment where I realized this was my favorite game series? That would probably be around the time I played Days and BBS. I considered them "spinoffs" at the time and yet I was so into it I loved their stories as much as the main titled games and was eager for more. That's when Kingdom Hearts 3 became the game I most looked forward to and how this game series became my favorite. It overtook Pokemon as my fave series and introduced me to Final Fantasy too.

For me it was Kingdom Hearts 1 as well, but much much earlier. I fell in love with the game from the intro. The Dive to Heart that Sora went under and the story that was built upon in Destiny Islands sold me on the game and every moment after continued to make me love it more. Even some of the "worse" games I absolutely adored. I beat Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on the GBA before I beat KH1 though and it just made me want to find out more!

39 minutes ago, LunaCatte said:

For me it was Kingdom Hearts 1 as well, but much much earlier. I fell in love with the game from the intro. The Dive to Heart that Sora went under and the story that was built upon in Destiny Islands sold me on the game and every moment after continued to make me love it more. Even some of the "worse" games I absolutely adored. I beat Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on the GBA before I beat KH1 though and it just made me want to find out more!

That was pretty much my experience. I fell in love with the game pretty much as soon as the opening movie started. I have yet to find an entry in the series that I don't like.

I would have to say it was Sora's sacrifice at Hollow Bastion in KH1 that really did it for me. I remember watching my brother play through the game to that point because I loved seeing the cutscenes but after that... I HAD to play it for myself. For the longest time I even had a separate save file on the PS2 just for the start of Hollow Bastion so I could play through that world whenever I needed a little pick-me-up. 

And then, of course, that beautiful bittersweet ending of KH1 just further cemented me as a life long fan. :) 

On 1/22/2019 at 12:56 AM, Allwil13 said:

That was pretty much my experience. I fell in love with the game pretty much as soon as the opening movie started. I have yet to find an entry in the series that I don't like.

It always so cool to read this kind of stuff and realizing that other people had the exact same experience and probably smae Emotions at the same moments

Truly we are all connected

I think I was hooked from the very start, if I'm being completely honest here. By the time I reached Traverse Town for the first time, I was in love.

But it wasn't until the year after I beat KH1 and 2 that I REALLY became completely obsessed. xD I think I was just watching some random KH AMVs and idk what it was but SOMETHING just clicked, and everything just escalated from there. I bought a 3DS just so I could play Days and 3D (which had just came out I think), and after I was done with those I went on to get a PSP and BBS...

49 minutes ago, HarLea Quinn said:

They had me at Axel/Lea.

oh wow i would have never guessed?

when i knew the series was one of my faves, would probably be when i got stuck fighting asshole riku(ansem riku) i borrowed the game from a friend and invited him over to help me beat it, but he had to do it with the kingdom key and the final hit coming from ars arcanum...needless to say we did not beat it that night x D

5 minutes ago, teh lazy prince Xylek said:

oh wow i would have never guessed?

when i knew the series was one of my faves, would probably be when i got stuck fighting asshole riku(ansem riku) i borrowed the game from a friend and invited him over to help me beat it, but he had to do it with the kingdom key and the final hit coming from ars arcanum...needless to say we did not beat it that night x D

Don't h8 bc he's gr8!!!

Okay, so mines a little different because my first exposure to KH was CoM but it wasnt mine so I played it for a limited time and it'd be at least a year before I would be reintroduced to the series (because i forgot what it was called) and played a full KH game which was KH2. 

And after I lost my access to CoM i couldnt stop thinking about the game and desperately wanted to play it again. (Not even knowing it was part of a series) I just knew I needed to know what happened. 

I dont even know what it was about CoM that made me so interested tbh. The mystery maybe? Cause I had no idea what was happening.

My favorite character though was Axel and it was seeing Axel in KH2 that made me marathon the entire game in one sitting. 

After the prologue of KH2 and Roxas going back to Sora, and Axel fading away after their fight, I think that was the moment I was like hooked 100% on KH2.

And it might've ended there after the KH2 ending if not for me finding out after finishing it that a game about Roxas and Axels time in the Organization was coming out that I entered the fandom and was like, 'I want to know everything about this story!! I dont care what I have to do, I will follow it.' 

But that was only because I had become so invested in Axel and Roxas as characters! Soooooo....I guess there was no one moment.

It was Roxas unfair fate, Axel having to fight his friends and desperately trying to get him back, his death which made me burst into tears and the indignation at how this was made to happen by the bad guys, it was reaching a point of melancholy acceptance with Roxas and Axels fates only to learn I could get more of their story that made me follow every scrap of news and talk with other fans about the mysteries of the world and games and plot.

I know thats a lot but I guess there was no one moment, it just happened?

Mine is silly, because my first contact with KH was the manga. I stumbled on the manga and it was love at first sight. I was enamored by the concept and I HAD to learn everything about the series, which led me to the games and thus, I started my journey of buying them. I bought a ps2 just to play KH, which I couldn't find in my town, so a friend from a nearby and bigger city got me both 1 and 2. I remember beating the games in a few days each. There was honestly no turning back since then. The games made my love stronger and since then I bought every console any spin-off released in the subsequent years and each game made me more involved and in love (except maybe Re:Coded).

So, it wasn't really a specific moment for me, the idea of KH was enough and it never truly let me down and even though KH3 was a big disappointment for me due to execution, I am still going to be a fan forever. It just is what it is~