Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
gepugg

Voice actors for Cloud and Leon claim they haven't done voice work for Kingdom Hearts III

Steven Burton, the voice actor for Cloud Strife,  hosted a Facebook live stream recently where he answered questions from the public. One person asked whether or not Cloud Strife would be in Kingdom Hearts III

Thanks to a Twitter video from user PatzPowerz, we can see Steve Burton answers the question by saying that Cloud Strife won't be in the game. You can watch the video below. 

Doug Erholtz, the voice actor for Leon in Kingdom Hearts II was also asked a similar question recently, where he stated that Leon would not be appearing in Kingdom Hearts III.  You can view the tweet below. 

This could be due to the actors being under a non-disclosure agreement, but we'll have to wait for official confirmation or see in the final release. 

Tetsuya Nomura stated in an interview back during E3 that the Final Fantasy characters "required special care" and that we should "Look forward to how the FF characters show up in the game."

What do you think this means for Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts III? Let us know in the comments below! 

View full article

Whether it's true or not but I would be totally okay without the Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts 3. I love them in KH1 and especially in KH2. But Kingdom Hearts 3 is the last game of the Xehanort Saga so I'm more focus on Sora, Riku, Kairi, Roxas, Xion, Lea, Namine, Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. Anyway, I have to wait and see when I play Kingdom Hearts 3 myself.

Edited by Movies798

45 minutes ago, Movies798 said:

Whether it's true or not but I would be totally okay without the Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts 3. I love them in KH1 and especially in KH2. But Kingdom Hearts 3 is the last game of the Xehanort Saga so I'm more focus on Sora, Riku, Kairi, Roxas, Xion, Lea, Namine, Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. Anyway, I have to wait and see when I play Kingdom Hearts 3 myself.

This is pretty much my thoughts. I would have liked the Final Fantasy characters in the game, and it sucks they won't be in it. However I'm playing this game for the 13 characters on the boxart, so truthfully it doesn't effect my high excitement for the game at all.

3 hours ago, Movies798 said:

Spoiler

Spoiler:

Don't give you hopes up the Leviathan is confirmed to be in KH3 so it looks like that we will meet Noctis.

2 hours ago, KH4Real said:
Spoiler

Don't give you hopes up the Leviathan is confirmed to be in KH3 so it looks like that we will meet Noctis

Spoiler

Who confirm that the Leviathan was going to be in Kingdom Hearts 3? Also, why wouldn't I get my hopes up? I did say I love the Final Fantasy characters and I don't mind if they appear in KH3 or not. If they appear in KH3 great! But if they don't appear in KH3 than I'm okay with that. 

2 hours ago, Movies798 said:
Spoiler

Who confirm that the Leviathan was going to be in Kingdom Hearts 3? Also, why wouldn't I get my hopes up? I did say I love the Final Fantasy characters and I don't mind if they appear in KH3 or not. If they appear in KH3 great! But if they don't appear in KH3 than I'm okay with that. 

Spoiler

Spoiler:

I should mayby say that this is a spoiler. You can see this in the trophy list.

It's unlikely but possible that maybe there are Final Fantasy characters in the game, just not Cloud and Leon? I'm just saying, Cloud not being in the game doesn't mean other Final Fantasy characters aren't in the game. This is probably not the case but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

2 hours ago, KH4Real said:
Spoiler

Spoiler:

I should mayby say that this is a spoiler. You can see this in the trophy list.

Ah interesting. Okay I'll see it for myself when I play the game on January 29th. And yes please no spoiler because I freaking hate spoilers. I want to play this game blind. So please don't tell me anymore things that is related to the leaks.

50 minutes ago, KH4Real said:

Spoiler

Just saying spoiler won't stop people from accidentally reading it.

Spoiler

The Kraken is often referred to as the Leviathan, too. That's not a Final Fantasy specific term.

Other than that I've also said enough why FF also belongs in KH and not just Disney, especially considering KH3 is about resolutions and the whole Radiant Garden thing was not resolved in my opinion. Not gonna rant about that again either.

It won't make me hate the game but it would be a missed opportunity.

Edited by Merilly

1 hour ago, Merilly said:

Just saying spoiler won't stop people from accidentally reading it.

Spoiler (Reveal hidden contents)

The Kraken is often referred to as the Leviathan, too. That's not a Final Fantasy specific term.

Other than that I've also said enough why FF also belongs in KH and not just Disney, especially considering KH3 is about resolutions and the whole Radiant Garden thing was not resolved in my opinion. Not gonna rant about that again either.

It won't make me hate the game but it would be a missed opportunity.

Yeah too late someone has quoted my message. But I'm not good with the hiding functions here.

3 minutes ago, KH4Real said:

Yeah too late someone has quoted my message. But I'm not good with the hiding functions here.

You just have to press the eye icon in the editor. xD Though I don't know whether that's the same outside of the mobile website.

Thank you for sharing this information with us, gepugg!

It is pretty strange that apparently Cloud and Squall won't be in Kingdom Hearts III, but I'll take this with a grain of salt. My guess is that these voice actors are under contract not to say anything, lest they spoil details from the game. So my belief is that we will see them, and it'll probably be a surprise. But anyways, we'll see soon enough!

1 hour ago, The Transcendent Key said:

Thank you for sharing this information with us, gepugg!

It is pretty strange that apparently Cloud and Squall won't be in Kingdom Hearts III, but I'll take this with a grain of salt. My guess is that these voice actors are under contract not to say anything, lest they spoil details from the game. So my belief is that we will see them, and it'll probably be a surprise. But anyways, we'll see soon enough!

While I hate to even suggest it or entertain such a thought, it might be part of future DLC if it is indeed not part of the game. Mainly because Radiant Garden would not be wasting a Disney world while still handling those FF characters carefully (whatever Nomura means with that since there were no issues with their implementation in the past and I doubt many of us wish for them to be present the whole time either.).

Edited by Merilly

There's no way they're not in the game. They were both an integral part of KH1 and KH2's stories. The actors are probably keeping quiet because they're under NDA

49 minutes ago, sagman12PC said:

There's no way they're not in the game. They were both an integral part of KH1 and KH2's stories. The actors are probably keeping quiet because they're under NDA

While that's a possibility, I do question why they just said nothing then or evaded the answer. These two answers were pretty clear and not evasive at all. Especially on Twitter, they could simply choose to say nothing, yet Leon's VA took his time to answer. It seems strange for them to lie in order not to break the NDA instead of remaining silent from the beginning so they won't risk anything.

Another option would be that they were replaced. I doubt that since there doesn't seem be a reason for that, but in that case they wouldn't have recorded anything.

I'm also a bit skeptical because they talked so much about FF characters not being as important anymore (which I couldn't disagree more with, otherwise we could say the same about Disney), as though they were trying to convince the fans that their inclusion is unnecessary and prepare them for the fact that there won't be much FF in KH anymore. Of course I hope for the opposite because it's obvious many of us enjoyed their part more than other interactions, but they made a huge deal out of it nonetheless.

I've said it before, but I'd be severely disappointed if Winnie the Pooh made the cut but Radiant Garden, even as a possibly small world, didn't, along with its characters. There are so many plot opportunities wasted in favor of having another minigame world.

Edited by Merilly

On 1/14/2019 at 1:52 AM, Alan Smithee said:

Speaking of Cloud and Leon/Squall, am I the only one who misses the Radiant Garden Restoration Committee in general? :(

I miss them to but to be fair their story arc was finished in kh2. I mean all they wanted was to go home and live in Peace and that was done. Still a bit dumb of them not joining the fight for all worlds since they happend to be one of them