Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Maffy

Where to find a complete summary of the KH series

With KH3 coming, I want to refresh my memory with every single event that happened (well, the most important ones) and everything that leads up to KH3. I own most of the games (I have no idea of 2.8 content only), but since they are so many, I can't bring myself to play the entire entire series again just for that since it may take weeks. It's been yeaaars since I've started being a fan and with so much waiting, I think I'm not fully ready detail-wise anymore since I probably have forgotten some stuff. Does anyone have a complete and good "story so far" (not the bundle, haha) to share? I think KH13 had some news with the official channel making some summary videos, but I'm not sure if those were done?

Thank you :)

On 12/18/2018 at 3:46 PM, Maffy said:

With KH3 coming, I want to refresh my memory with every single event that happened (well, the most important ones) and everything that leads up to KH3. I own most of the games (I have no idea of 2.8 content only), but since they are so many, I can't bring myself to play the entire entire series again just for that since it may take weeks. It's been yeaaars since I've started being a fan and with so much waiting, I think I'm not fully ready detail-wise anymore since I probably have forgotten some stuff. Does anyone have a complete and good "story so far" (not the bundle, haha) to share? I think KH13 had some news with the official channel making some summary videos, but I'm not sure if those were done?

Thank you :)

The official summaries are...very poetic? What I mean is, from what I saw, they're very vague and don't explain much. If you have a lot of time on your hands, Everglow on Youtube has created a full "cinematic playthrough" of the KH series in chronological order. All the details are there. Here's the link: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eRniOT6_5c&list=PLhcSrKyqhfh5USKgcHjwTjeVbngw7Y0pr

If you just want a single video though, the best I've seen is Game Trailers' KH timeline but it was made in 2013 and hasn't been updated since then so it's missing story elements from KH0.2 and the KH X sub series. KH0.2 is very short though so you can just watch a playthrough or the cutscenes on Youtube. As for KH X...we still don't know how relevant it is to KHIII but you can watch the KHX Back Cover movie and some KHUX cutscenes to catch up.

Here's the link to GT's timeline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm-NoyqzGkY

16 hours ago, PrinceNoctis said:

The official summaries are...very poetic? What I mean is, from what I saw, they're very vague and don't explain much. If you have a lot of time on your hands, Everglow on Youtube has created a full "cinematic playthrough" of the KH series in chronological order. All the details are there. Here's the link: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eRniOT6_5c&list=PLhcSrKyqhfh5USKgcHjwTjeVbngw7Y0pr

If you just want a single video though, the best I've seen is Game Trailers' KH timeline but it was made in 2013 and hasn't been updated since then so it's missing story elements from KH0.2 and the KH X sub series. KH0.2 is very short though so you can just watch a playthrough or the cutscenes on Youtube. As for KH X...we still don't know how relevant it is to KHIII but you can watch the KHX Back Cover movie and some KHUX cutscenes to catch up.

Here's the link to GT's timeline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm-NoyqzGkY

Thank you very much xD I have enough time, so I think I will go with Everglow; the more details the better :D Really thank you for the links! I will check the official videos as well, just to see if they complement it somehow, but if they are as you described, I will probably stay away in the end, haha.

Also, I doubt we are missing that much about UX. The story is definitely not complete, but I'd guess what will remain after KH3 is out won't impact the grand scale of things to an important extent. Then again, if they want the game to survive for some time after KH3 and after the CRAZY power creep that's been happening now, maybe they are holding an ace. We'll see!

PS: I'm SO happy someone answered! After the first couple days, I started thinking that maybe no one will ever reply to this, haha.

3 minutes ago, Maffy said:

Thank you very much xD I have enough time, so I think I will go with Everglow; the more details the better :D Really thank you for the links! I will check the official videos as well, just to see if they complement it somehow, but if they are as you described, I will probably stay away in the end, haha.

Also, I doubt we are missing that much about UX. The story is definitely not complete, but I'd guess what will remain after KH3 is out won't impact the grand scale of things to an important extent. Then again, if they want the game to survive for some time after KH3 and after the CRAZY power creep that's been happening now, maybe they are holding an ace. We'll see!

PS: I'm SO happy someone answered! After the first couple days, I started thinking that maybe no one will ever reply to this, haha.

Happy to help :) Btw, I just randomly stumbled upon another summary. I've only seen like 30 seconds of it but it seems good so there you go: 

2 minutes ago, PrinceNoctis said:

Happy to help :) Btw, I just randomly stumbled upon another summary. I've only seen like 30 seconds of it but it seems good so there you go:

Ohh, I'll check that out too, thank you. The more the better to make sure I won't miss anything :^)

11 minutes ago, Maffy said:

I'm glad we could help.

I've played the original games (1, COM, 2, 358/2 Days, and Coded) and watched cutscenes from 3D and BBS. That video cleared up all the stuff I didn't know/understand. Thanks for posting it!

3 hours ago, KHfan4 said:

I've played the original games (1, COM, 2, 358/2 Days, and Coded) and watched cutscenes from 3D and BBS. That video cleared up all the stuff I didn't know/understand. Thanks for posting it!

Hopefully, everything is cleared up for you.

On 12/21/2018 at 4:34 AM, PrinceNoctis said:

A bit late, but I wanted to say that this is really great! I'm still catching up, but I love how well done it is. I think I'm even learning about stuff that I hadn't noticed haha. Again, thanks for the help :D I probably wouldn't have found it on my own!

4 hours ago, Maffy said:

A bit late, but I wanted to say that this is really great! I'm still catching up, but I love how well done it is. I think I'm even learning about stuff that I hadn't noticed haha. Again, thanks for the help :D I probably wouldn't have found it on my own!

You're welcome! I'm actually trying to finish the timeline myself, I just finished the "Days" section. Everglow really gave it his all and enhanced the storytelling of the series with his incredible editing.