Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Azure Flame

Today is a sad day indeed

Hey guys,

Songbird Rebel, here... I know it may not be "Kingdom Hearts" related, but today, we mourn the loss of the creative mastermind who brought to life countless heroes, villians, and anti-heroes in the Marvel Comics universe. Today, we mourn the passing of Stan Lee at the age of 95. While the cause is still not yet known, the effects on many Marvel fans is very similar to that among Star Trek fans upon the passing of Leonard Nimoy. Yet his legacy lives on not only through his surviving family and friends (which whom my sincerest condolences go to), but also with his works; both figuratively and literally. As many of you have know, Mr. Stan Lee have cameoed since 1989; not only within Marvel movies, television shows, and video games, but also in non-Marvel movies as well. Some are easy to see on either the first or second viewing, and some are 'blink-and-miss'. It is because of him that Marvel Comics is the comic powerhouse it is today, with its only rival being DC. 

Requiescat in pace, Stan Lee.
You will be missed by friends, family, and fans alike.

When one of my best friends told me about this last year, I was devastated and heartbroken. I mean, we all knew this day would come, especially since Stan was already pretty old...but it still struck hard.

He's probably the celebrity that most of us comic book fans have known of since we were kids! Stan Lee marked the childhoods of generations of children, and we grew up with his fantastic works! He created all these worlds, these characters, these stories that still resonate and evolve and continue to pass on to other generations...

It's truly impressive that he's left behind such a powerful and lasting legacy. For years and years, we will always remember the man who made us believe that we can all be heroes, that we all have the potential to overcome ourselves, because with great power, comes great responsibility!

Excelsior, and rest in peace, for the truest believer of us all, Stan Lee! :'(

My condolences to his family and friends, may they overcome this sadness. :(

Edited by The Transcendent Key