Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ColesKingdom

Will Final Fantasy Characters Be In KH3?

It would feel kinda strange if they're not in the game. I understand Nomura's point, though -- the KH original characters are doing a fine job of sustaining the main plot by themselves now. And they even sort of feel like honorary FF characters to me because they were designed by Nomura himself, BUT... When I got into KH all the way back in the beginning, the FF characters were a big part of what gave KH a unique appeal. It was "Disney meets Final Fantasy".

Still, I'm sure that there will be Final Fantasy characters in KH3 somewhere. Like you said, Sephiroth and Cloud seem obligatory. It felt like BBS was foreshadowing that Zack would return to the Coliseum -- except he would be an adult now, obviously.

They probably wouldn't use the assets from FFVII Remake in KH3 like you're imagining, though. (Assuming that the KH team would have access to those at all.) The models of the Final Fantasy characters in KH always shared the same style as the KH original characters. The models in FFVII Remake have a more realistic appearance similar to Advent Children. I think it would just be kinda jarring, you know?

If there are any new FF characters, Lightning seems like a strong possibility to me. She's one of Nomura's favorites. FFXV is a touchy subject for him, but SE could convince him to put Noctis in there somewhere, maybe. Other than that... I dunno. We might see the Restoration Committee again, but in a very reduced role.