Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Chasm

How Certain are we that a Wreck It Ralph world won't be in KH3?

There are a lot of hints and teases of WIR and it's kind of in our faces now. The Gummi Ship, The Pudding Heartless, and The Link are more than just references and cameos to WiR. Are we certain Ralph is the summon that's supposed to have a world exclusive to KHUX? The chances of the world seem kinda big.

Because Ralph is a summon. The only character to be a summon in the last 2 main games that we actually visited the world of is Genie. If Ralph's world was gonna be in the game, 1. we would've gotten it revealed by now & 2. he wouldn't be a summon as early as Toy Story, which we can assume is one of the first worlds, if not THE first, in the game after Olympus.

Because Ralph is a summon. The only character to be a summon in the last 2 main games that we actually visited the world of is Genie. If Ralph's world was gonna be in the game, 1. we would've gotten it revealed by now & 2. he wouldn't be a summon as early as Toy Story, which we can assume is one of the first worlds, if not THE first, in the game after Olympus.

Well it's possible that we get Ralph in Toy Box due to the Arcade Area in Toy Boy being blocked off for the demo. They showed off Kingdom of Corona early on even though it's apart of the 2nd cycle of worlds. Just to play Devil's Advocate...it's a Link, not a Summon. They're supposed to play like D-Links, which weren't summons either, but borrowed their power. Either way, i don't think that's a clear indication that his world isn't in the game to some capacity. Just because they showed him being summoned in Toy Box doesn't mean that's where we unlock him in the game. With that same logic one can assume Ariel is unlocked in Kingdom of Corona, but she's being used in Toy Box and the Monster's Inc Worlds.

We also see the Ever After Keyblade being used in Toy Box, yet we know KoC comes after TB so again, not an indication of it's exclusion.

You're right.  We can't say for certain.  However, the reason why a lot of us think that a Wreck-It Ralph world isn't going to be a world in Kingdom Hearts III, but will instead be a world in Union χ, is that Nomura said, before the trailer that showed Ralph as a Link was released, that a character from the exclusive Union χ Disney world would appear as a Link in Kingdom Hearts III and might appear in the next trailer.  The only Disney character who was revealed in the next trailer as a Link who comes from a Disney movie that hasn't been made into a Disney world yet is Ralph.  That being said, you could look at those points you mentioned as proof that there is, at the very least, still a possibility that a Wreck-It Ralph world will appear as a world in Kingdom Hearts III.  We just can't say for certain right now.

Well, the D-Links from BbS only work after you meet the character. 

In the first game, you get two Summons aafter meeting the characters (Genie and Tinker Bell), two Summons who you later meet in their worlds (Simb aand Mushu) and two summons which Sora still hasn't meet in person or in their worlds (Bambi and Dumbo). 

In KH-II, we have two summons of characters we previously met: One whose world we visit again (Genie) and another one whose world we don't visit in this adventure (Peter Pan). One Summon of a character we meet out of his home world (Stitch), and one Summon we neither meet in person of visit his world (Chicken Little). 

For the time being, in KH-III, we have 3 summons/links with characters we already met (Simba, Arial and Meow Wow); and one that we neither met in person or its world (Wreck-It Ralph). 

Honestly, I want to believe we will have a world based on Wreck-It Ralph, because it's one of the candidate worlds I suspected they would use in this game to take advantage of the superior graphics. Just like Disney movies in CGI (Big Hero 6, Frozen and Tangled), Pixar movies in CGI (Toy Story and Monsters Inc) and live-action movies (Pirates of the Caribbean). I will keep my fingers cross just in case. 

There are a lot of hints and teases of WIR and it's kind of in our faces now. The Gummi Ship, The Pudding Heartless, and The Link are more than just references and cameos to WiR. Are we certain Ralph is the summon that's supposed to have a world exclusive to KHUX? The chances of the world seem kinda big.

Well it's most likely that WIR could be a World Exclusive to KHUX cause we all know that Ralph is in fact a Link Summon so it's pretty obvious that he is a Summon.

Yeah, but I'm referring to Kingdom Hearts & licensing issues with Wreck-It Ralph.

why would there be any issue with using wreck it ralph? the companies that who's characters cameoed in wreck it ralph do not own the copyright to the film itself so the only people they need to get permission from would be the same people who they normally get permission from

I think we can't rule it out completely but couple days before the trailer with the Wreck-it Ralph Summon, Nomura said that there would be a world in KHUX that won't be in Kingdom Hearts 3 but only as a summon. Couple days later we see a Wreck-it Ralph summon. So yeah Coincidence? Possible. 

Plus there's also licensing issues with other video game characters.

The real video game characters that appear in that movie only make short cameos that don't play any part in the main plot. They don't need, and probably would not, appear in a possible Wreck it Ralph world. They have had characters in other movies that do play important roles in their respective films not even make an appearance either so I don't see the need to include them. So I don't really see that as a problem.

It is of course possible for a Wreck it Ralph world to appear in KH3. Nobody will know for sure until they announce all the Disney worlds. I do personally think it's gonna be a world in Union Cross (sadly, couldn't they have taken a b-list movie for that?) do to evidence, but I don't work on the game so I don't know for sure. Heck, people still seem to think The Incredibles are somehow getting in when they already said that no two worlds will be alike and we already have Big Hero Six. But even that I don't know for sure.

It is also possible Ralph might get a cameo in some shape or form in the game, like Stitch in KH2, if links work the same way as they did in BBS. It is possible they just combined both links and summons together, who knows? 

The real video game characters that appear in that movie only make short cameos that don't play any part in the main plot. They don't need, and probably would not, appear in a possible Wreck it Ralph world. They have had characters in other movies that do play important roles in their respective films not even make an appearance either so I don't see the need to include them. So I don't really see that as a problem.

It is of course possible for a Wreck it Ralph world to appear in KH3. Nobody will know for sure until they announce all the Disney worlds. I do personally think it's gonna be a world in Union Cross (sadly, couldn't they have taken a b-list movie for that?) do to evidence, but I don't work on the game so I don't know for sure. Heck, people still seem to think The Incredibles are somehow getting in when they already said that no two worlds will be alike and we already have Big Hero Six. But even that I don't know for sure.

It is also possible Ralph might get a cameo in some shape or form in the game, like Stitch in KH2, if links work the same way as they did in BBS. It is possible they just combined both links and summons together, who knows?

Wreck It Ralph had plenty of original characters so I don't see why we couldn't have those ans then a LOT of FF cameos showing up would be mint. I wonder what the canon reason would be for Ralph to be a summon/link, but no world.

Well to be fair it’s not like we need all the game characters cameos due to licence support and stuff but nothing days we can’t just have sugar rush as the key world given its where most of the action takes place.