Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

The only thing that bugged me is that Mickey told Aqua about Sora and Riku by name, especially cause I feel like they could of done the whole thing the same with Aqua not realising it was them

It really lessened the impact of Aqua hearing Sora's name in Blank points

That's my only complaint though

The only thing that bugged me is that Mickey told Aqua about Sora and Riku by name, especially cause I feel like they could of done the whole thing the same with Aqua not realising it was them

It really lessened the impact of Aqua hearing Sora's name in Blank points

That's my only complaint though

Really? i think that the reason she cried tears was because she heard Sora's name from Mickey, that's why she was able to cry tears of hope.

There are some inconsistencies in 0.2 that ruin Blank Points unfortunately, but it's mainly that she didn't guess it was Sora and that she had no idea that the worlds fell in Blank Points.

Though it's also possible she forgot Sora during CoM and didn't remember him until Ansem the Wise said his name because the dark world prevented her from remembering him when everyone in the realm of light did.

Everything else matches up well enough though! And we see that Blank Points still happens when we see Aqua walking up to AtW in the black coat at the end of 0.2. Perhaps we'll get an explanation in III.

It's also important to note there was about two years between when she left Mickey and when she met AtW. (AtW states that he met Sora over a year ago, which would be referring to the scene in TWTNW where AtW's machine breaks, and also why Sora will be 16 in III. This is further supported by the BBS trio's journal entries in DDD saying that the battle at the end of BBS was over a dozen, so over 12, years ago and we know KHI was 10 years after BBS). It's entirely possible that Aqua's memories were affected during those 2 years in some way shape or form.

I've always thtought about these inconsistencies and the conclusion above is what I got to after a long time thinking about it, assuming that there's actually a reason these inconsistencies exist. I could be giving Nomura too much credit here xD Sorry for the long comment! I also typed this before watching the video because I have a lot of thoughts on this issue myself. So I'm not sure if you mentioned this stuff or not.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Prodigy! Great video!

I honestly don't think that 0.2 ruined Blank Points at all. If anything, it strengthened that beautiful scene all the more, ya know?

Mickey only told Aqua that Sora and Riku were helping him close the door to darkness, but never said anything else beyond that. And she just so happened to recall who they were because she had actually met them prior to 0.2! When she encounters Ansem The Wise, she would have had no idea that this same boy, Sora, would end up doing so much and end up becoming such a meaningful existence to all the people whose hearts he's touched! Which is why Aqua cries! She realizes that this boy Mickey mentioned, this ordinary boy, managed to save the worlds not once, but twice, and brought hope to her heart that the worlds would be safe as long as Sora would be there to answer the call. So really, I found no way for 0.2 to ruin Blank Points for me!

And yes, Blank Points is definitely the best and most beautiful secret movie in the KH series to date! And one of the most beautiful cutscenes, to boot!

Edited by The Transcendent Key

There are some inconsistencies in 0.2 that ruin Blank Points unfortunately, but it's mainly that she didn't guess it was Sora and that she had no idea that the worlds fell in Blank Points.

I would agree with this except, long before 0.2 came out, Birth by Sleep Final Mix came out and showed Aqua discover the Castle of Dreams in the Dark World at the end of the Secret Episode.  Nomura said that 0.2 is that story that he wanted to tell but never did.  So, it seems to me that Nomura always planned for Aqua to discover that the worlds fell to darkness.  Also, as other people have said, from what King Mickey told Aqua, it doesn't seem like she would have much of a reason to think that Sora was the one saving the worlds.