Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AwesomeKHfan

OFFICIAL SUMMARY SERIES OF KH SERIES TO BE RELEASED TO PREPARE FOR KINGDOM HEARTS 3!

It's great this will be a thing, especially for those who do not want to go through dozens of hours of the games, though I still don't get why someone would want to play a game without even playing the other titles. I could understand it if they would only want to play it for the fun of it and not to get the story but anyone who does value the plot won't get the full experience from the summary either. As I mentioned before, you don't pick up the tenth volume of a book and then complain you don't get the story because you haven't read the 9 other books preceeding it.

Not to mention that people had a huge amount of time to play all the games. The collections were on PS3 and PS4 and even if you've owned neither, there're still walkthroughs, Let's Plays and the like to watch on Youtube, Twitch and so on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making it a little easier on newcomers, especially by chosing a method that won't bore those who know the storyin KH3 with a copious amount of flashbacks and notes. I just don't really understand the reason,I guess. And I'm somehow doubtful these movies can explain everything. The story is a lot to take in. Not impossible, I managed to get my friend through in half a year and she's fairly proficient now, but I wonder if those movies won't confuse newcomers more than actually helping them. If I look at Days, they skipped quite a few scenes which were kinda important for example.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm definitely curious how they'll do it, though I'm skeptical if this is really a good method for people to get into the series. It seems more convenient for people who have to refresh their knowledge without wanting to play the games again than for players who are either new to the series or play the games a lot.

It's great this will be a thing, especially for those who do not want to go through dozens of hours of the games, though I still don't get why someone would want to play a game without even playing the other titles. I could understand it if they would only want to play it for the fun of it and not to get the story but anyone who does value the plot won't get the full experience from the summary either. As I mentioned before, you don't pick up the tenth volume of a book and then complain you don't get the story because you haven't read the 9 other books preceeding it.

Not to mention that people had a huge amount of time to play all the games. The collections were on PS3 and PS4 and even if you've owned neither, there're still walkthroughs, Let's Plays and the like to watch on Youtube, Twitch and so on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making it a little easier on newcomers, especially by chosing a method that won't bore those who know the storyin KH3 with a copious amount of flashbacks and notes. I just don't really understand the reason,I guess. And I'm somehow doubtful these movies can explain everything. The story is a lot to take in. Not impossible, I managed to get my friend through in half a year and she's fairly proficient now, but I wonder if those movies won't confuse newcomers more than actually helping them. If I look at Days, they skipped quite a few scenes which were kinda important for example.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm definitely curious how they'll do it, though I'm skeptical if this is really a good method for people to get into the series. It seems more convenient for people who have to refresh their knowledge without wanting to play the games again than for players who are either new to the series or play the games a lot.

Well those who're wanting this could really just watch a YouTube summary video by our community of KH YouTubers. Someone like Everglow for summaries and cutscenes or even KH13 for the game cutscenes of every title. Even just having KH 2.8 is probably good enough of a summary since KH3D has a summary section for every major character in Sora and Riku's Momento Journal. Making a dedicated summary video for the game just uses up resources that SE and Nomura could put towards the game itself.

I know what you mean I once saw a video of a review of ultima 9 and in the game you can ask things like "whats a paladin)" which must have been included for new players. The problem is that this stuff has been known since the first game and the main character asking these questions is more than odd. Imagine of sora suddendly starts asking "whats a keyblade?" In this case its okay since its just a quick recap and it has been a long long time Plus not everyone has for exampel played the mobile game and to catch up on that is now impossible. But In the case of ultima 9 its really dumb, who would  buy the ninth installment in a game series and than complain that he dosent understand the story