Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
King.Mickey

What do you think about Hayden not returning as Kairi?

I myself am /extremely/ disappointed....as if losing Leonard Nimoy wasn't bad enough, Hayden confirmed that they didn't even ASK her. ...what? They seriously for some reason /want/ Alyson to voice Kairi?...

I mean, she's a good voice actress for Xion for sure, but Hayden was just always Kairi to me. It doesn't make any sense to change her out of nowhere for the finale to the Xehanort saga. If anything, they should've asked Hayden to come for KH3 and /then/ think about doing something this stupid for the next saga. Because we keep losing voice actors left and right. It's almost even completely ruining the feel.

It literally feels like they're just being too cheap due to how much it would cost them to hire her now.

Luckily I might have something huge coming for me specifically in the upcoming trailers so for the people that know, lmao, good thing this cushions the blow a lot, but this /really/ irritates me.

I was looking forward to Hayden's return just as much as Haley and David....I've been with them since the beginning of this series when KH1 was the only game of the series too, so this is a pretty huge let down.

It's upsetting to say the least, but I hope that it wasn't because of any pay issues. I think it was because they needed Alyson stoner to finish her contract so they couldn't use Hayden. Alyson is a really good voice actor, but I find her voice for Kairi slightly.... Off. But I can live with it, it's just regrettable

It sure is strange. I don't think money is the issue, cause Hayden is not THAT big of a number like for example Tom Hanks. Maybe there was some other reason why they couldn't use her? Either way I personally can live with that. It's strange but not all too off of the original voice.

It sure is strange. I don't think money is the issue, cause Hayden is not THAT big of a number like for example Tom Hanks. Maybe there was some other reason why they couldn't use her? Either way I personally can live with that. It's strange but not all too off of the original voice.

yeah I dunno, but since she revealed the fact that they didn't even simply try to ask if she was free leads me to believe that they probably just prefer Kairi to have the same voice as Xion since it's like that in the Japanese version, but I still think this change is a million times weirder than just going with what we've grown to know and love. Plus this was going to be Hayden's first huge come back after Heroes.....I was looking forward to that...

but yeah oh well, Alyson is still at least the second-best choice

As someone here who spend most of his childhood playing Kingdom Hearts games and grew up with these characters I feel upset and I find it strange and so far my knownledge goes she isn't really famous but if replacer is as good as her without sounding different (still will be impossible without the audio effects and etc) I don't find it that big of a issue still upsetting though.

It's upsetting to say the least, but I hope that it wasn't because of any pay issues. I think it was because they needed Alyson stoner to finish her contract so they couldn't use Hayden. Alyson is a really good voice actor, but I find her voice for Kairi slightly.... Off. But I can live with it, it's just regrettable

yea  its really a shame that this game that is build on nostalgia fails to deliver it in its on game in this case lets just be happy that they bring in every other voice

It doesn't bother me one bit.

As far as I'm concerned, a change in voice actors isn't going to affect the game as a whole that much.

Possible reasons

1. She was working on other projects

2. Too expensive to hire

3. Illness

yeah I dunno, but since she revealed the fact that they didn't even simply try to ask if she was free leads me to believe that they probably just prefer Kairi to have the same voice as Xion since it's like that in the Japanese version, but I still think this change is a million times weirder than just going with what we've grown to know and love. Plus this was going to be Hayden's first huge come back after Heroes.....I was looking forward to that...

but yeah oh well, Alyson is still at least the second-best choice

I love Hayden but it's certainly not her first big comeback after Heroes. She's played a leading role for six seasons of Nashville which I think has aired worldwide. 

on this topic about Hayden I want to be clear nothing is officially confirmed or denied so lets remember that, and as someone who wants her to voice Kairi I want to be clear that who ever voices her that I will respect that decision and I hope everyone else does    

on this topic about Hayden I want to be clear nothing is officially confirmed or denied so lets remember that, and as someone who wants her to voice Kairi I want to be clear that who ever voices her that I will respect that decision and I hope everyone else does

it is confirmed because Alyson does the voice in the newest trailer, lol

They would've brought Hayden in to do that for hype if she was returning

I love Hayden but it's certainly not her first big comeback after Heroes. She's played a leading role for six seasons of Nashville which I think has aired worldwide.

True, I did know about that before posting, although the show doesn't interest me in the slightest as I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way

By big comeback I was mainly meaning something as popular as KH