Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Nukara Rikova

The theory of the new keyblade Riku.

After the new trailer, many began to wonder what became of the "Road to Dawn" and why the keyblade which was always considered a solid harvest and the manifestation of the soul so easily broke.

And then begins my crazy theory: What if the strength of keyblade depends on the state of the soul of the owner. Perhaps the old keyblade Riku broke down due to the fact that it no longer meets the spirit of its master?

Riku went its way to dawn and finally realized itself as a warrior of light and a new keyblade corresponds to the current spirit of the owner.

Many people hate the new design of keyblade Riku, but as for me it was intentionally made more simple and strict in design. He even reminded me of a knight's sword. (Yes strange comparison)

For example, take light swords from Stars Wars.

Swords jedi modest in design without any frills.

Whereas Sith swords, on the contrary, have different spikes and often an unusual grip.

"The road to dawn" was similar to the Sith sword, for Riku himself was then between light and darkness.

What do you think about this?

What are your versions about why the old keyblade Riku broke down?

And how do you feel about the new keyblade design?

Yeah in fact that's the most convenient theory that some of us have come up with but I do think there's a deeper meaning to that Keyblade. Riku didn't just changed the keychain for looks, he changed the overall blade. How he got his new one and for what purpose? No idea. This only gets me way more excited for the game.

Wow, that's actually a pretty good comparison! Since Riku has completely redeemed himself and has overcome his darkness, it stands to reason that his heart is deemed with a new Keyblade to reflect all that growth, thus resulting in the Keyblade that he will be wielding in Kingdom Hearts III! I love the comparison you made with Jedi and Sith lightsabers with Keyblades belonging to light and darkness! I think it's a neat example of what you're trying to say!

The only thing I can really think about: Riku's new Keyblade is a new variation of the Kingdom Key (perhaps from the Realm of In-Between?)

Yep, I think you may be onto something, because if you saw the picture for the new Bring Arts Riku figurine coming out, we can see his Keyblade in full, and the keychain has a Mickey mouse symbol, like Sora and Mickey's Kingdom Keys! So maybe Riku has the In Between version after all! :O

Edited by The Transcendent Key