Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Reversal

KHCoM In this thread we talk about Riku Replica

So, what do you all think of him? The only original character who will never make another appearance in the series because he's gone for good. The replica supposedly made unfit for numbered status, the one who longed with all of his artificial heart to be a real boy, someone who was different from the original.

What would have happened if the Original Riku Lost, would the Replica really have absorbed him?

And how do you think Sora would react when he saw him, and he said that he did defeat the real one?

Meh, Riku Replica was just a puppet who had issues in my opinion. I mean he always seems to get real angry and aggresive compared to the real Riku. Plus, there would be no purpose for him to come back. He wouldn't have a real role to play in any future KH games. So I wouldn't hold my breath on having Riku Replica return.

It's almost ironic how when a person dies their death is great and sad but their future importance will be little or nothing, but if they return people get on them saying they should have stayed dead and their character will be worse this time around i.e. malifecent.

sounds to me like hes pinnochios brother

Yeah, I purposely phrased it like that xD

Well, I'll leave my two cents as well. Tagged for courtesy. In case anyone is wondering, some of the things I mention are elaborated in the Reverse/Rebirth novel, as they are not shown in-game.

Repliku was, all in all, a great character. He was a replica, created merely for the Organization's plans, and and not only was he aware of that, he was also perfectly fine with it. He was able exceeds the walls of a mere replica, and instead used it to his advantage. He played the part completely; successfully deceiving Sora into believing that he was the real Riku, and used that awareness to drive nails into Sora's heart, filling him with doubt. A rather manipulative bastard at that.

We know Namine later took his memories apart and rearranged them to replicate the memories of the real Riku, which later caused the poor replica to experience the things his real counterpart did, reliving the life of someone else. Even though he wasn't completely aware that this person wasn't truly him, even though some part of him didn't feel right about these memories, he took it in stride, and continued forward.

Eventually, he was faced with the cold hard truth; he really is a replica; those memories really didn't belong to him. He was used as a puppet, only for the Organization to reach their goal, and he was just a tool to bring their plans into fruition. Even then, he didn't whine or moan about it to different people on different worlds, in different beds crying his eyes out. He just, went on with it. Sure, it hurt, but he knew there wasn't really anything he could do about it. He was born a replica, he would die a replica.

And then, something changed. Axel. Axel promised him that he would be able to get what he yearns for most: to be a different person. A ray of hope shined out. If there was a chance for him to be someone else, then he would reach out and take it. Only this time, it was exactly the same. Nothing changed. He was used yet again, for a different objective, but why did that matter? He knew he shouldn't have gotten his hopes up, but he did, and it made the pain all the more intense. At this time he realized, there was nothing more he could do, so he might as well confront the real thing one more time, for the final time.

Repliku went into that battle, knowing that he wouldn't be coming out of it alive. He fought with all of his strength, trying earnestly to defeat the real Riku, to prove that even though he was a fake, regardless of what was his and what was borrowed, he would be able to break out of that shadow. It was a stretch, and he knew it, but he didn't hold back. When the battle was over and he was fading away, he realized, it was okay. That battle proved that it didn't matter whether or not he was a replica. He's...made peace with it, and he disappeared into the darkness with a smile on his face, satisfied.

...Wow. I think I just typed out Repliku's entire life. But I think it gets my point across ^^

tl;dr - Imo, Riku Replica is a great character

sounds to me like hes pinnochios brother

Yeah, I purposely phrased it like that xD

Well, I'll leave my two cents as well. Tagged for courtesy. In case anyone is wondering, some of the things I mention are elaborated in the Reverse/Rebirth novel, as they are not shown in-game.

Repliku was, all in all, a great character. He was a replica, created merely for the Organization's plans, and and not only was he aware of that, he was also perfectly fine with it. He was able exceeds the walls of a mere replica, and instead used it to his advantage. He played the part completely; successfully deceiving Sora into believing that he was the real Riku, and used that awareness to drive nails into Sora's heart, filling him with doubt. A rather manipulative bastard at that.

We know Namine later took his memories apart and rearranged them to replicate the memories of the real Riku, which later caused the poor replica to experience the things his real counterpart did, reliving the life of someone else. Even though he wasn't completely aware that this person wasn't truly him, even though some part of him didn't feel right about these memories, he took it in stride, and continued forward.

Eventually, he was faced with the cold hard truth; he really is a replica; those memories really didn't belong to him. He was used as a puppet, only for the Organization to reach their goal, and he was just a tool to bring their plans into fruition. Even then, he didn't whine or moan about it to different people on different worlds, in different beds crying his eyes out. He just, went on with it. Sure, it hurt, but he knew there wasn't really anything he could do about it. He was born a replica, he would die a replica.

And then, something changed. Axel. Axel promised him that he would be able to get what he yearns for most: to be a different person. A ray of hope shined out. If there was a chance for him to be someone else, then he would reach out and take it. Only this time, it was exactly the same. Nothing changed. He was used yet again, for a different objective, but why did that matter? He knew he shouldn't have gotten his hopes up, but he did, and it made the pain all the more intense. At this time he realized, there was nothing more he could do, so he might as well confront the real thing one more time, for the final time.

Repliku went into that battle, knowing that he wouldn't be coming out of it alive. He fought with all of his strength, trying earnestly to defeat the real Riku, to prove that even though he was a fake, regardless of what was his and what was borrowed, he would be able to break out of that shadow. It was a stretch, and he knew it, but he didn't hold back. When the battle was over and he was fading away, he realized, it was okay. That battle proved that it didn't matter whether or not he was a replica. He's...made peace with it, and he disappeared into the darkness with a smile on his face, satisfied.

...Wow. I think I just typed out Repliku's entire life. But I think it gets my point across ^^

tl;dr - Imo, Riku Replica is a great character

It's practically for that very reason I almost cried when he died, in both the GBA and PS2 versions. It was bittersweet, he tried to find and identitiy that wasn't Riku, it wasn't until his death that he was able to accept who he was...and it helped that the real Riku comforted him enough, even after trying to kill him. -sniffle-

It's practically for that very reason I almost cried when he died, in both the GBA and PS2 versions. It was bittersweet, he tried to find and identitiy that wasn't Riku, it wasn't until his death that he was able to accept who he was...and it helped that the real Riku comforted him enough, even after trying to kill him. -sniffle-

Same here. I didn't cry, but it left me speechless until the very end.

Well, he did have issues, but I find them pretty funny (especially in the manga short "the strange tale of the replica") In that short, she screams the whole time and makes a new good luck charm out of a piece of meat... >.< I laughed whnever he appeared on the screen, especially when he was screaming "No! NOOOOOO!"

Repliku had to be one of the greatest characters of all time. I loved his speech right before he fights 'himself.' But I always see him as a bad guy when really he was much more awesome than that, he was kinda like Roxas, used. Roxas in all technicalities was a bad guy, he just didn't know it, and when he found out he left, but I just got side tracked xD. You made him look even more awesome to me though, he is so epic!

I felt bad where he was fading and hes like 'im not afraid of death, but whats gonna happen to me?' But he did get on my nerves in Re COM a lot... a lot of the scenes were just annoying. In rebirth its a lot better... then again a lot of things in rebirth were a lot better imo.

I really felt bad for Repliku, I kinda wish he'd come back...but he seemed pretty satisfied when he talked with Riku before he died. TwT

i feel bad for him too. It was so sad when he died. post-32041-0-34011000-1303611790_thumb.jpg

I always felt sorry for repliku. He was a pretty good character. He was a puppet that was just used by everybody. It kind of reminds me of Xion; in the end, they both decided to stop being puppets and went back to where they were supposed to be.

He had a bitter sweet ending. Ultimately, never even having an individual identity to begin with, he was even less of his own person that Roxas and Xion; however, as Riku, he must share the same fate, and thus isn't in any torment. It is also because of his definite death that makes that scene so much more meaningfull than any other "oh, I am going to disappear now" moment.

I love Repliku alot. Mostly because I loved Riku, but I always saw him as a tortured soul, even if he wasn't real, just a puppet who was manipulated and was destroyed by basically himself. His short life was tragic, imo. Idk.