Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AwesomeKHfan

Does anyone find Re Chain also unplayable?

Not at all. I find the gameplay very strategic which i absolutely love and the story of CoM is probably my favorite of all KH games, so even though I would still prefer a gameplay system similar to every other kh game, I don't miss it when I'm playing CoM.

The card system takes a bit of getting used to and is definitely different from the rest of the KH series, but I actually found it quite enjoyable.  Re:COM would probably rank as one of my favorite titles.  I think, for me at least, it requires one to really learn how the card system works and find a good system that works for you.  Once you get that down the game is pretty easy, in my opinion.

As others have mentioned, it had an amazing story and I found it quite vital to the series.  (Plus it was the first game where you got to play as Riku at the time, so that earned brownie points for me. xD)

No it’s playable, you just suck at the game. (JK)

In all seriousness though, the game is very playable, it’s just that Re: Chain is a card strategy game. It’s for a completely different audience in terms of gameplay. Those who like card games and strategy games will enjoy it way more. I like playing the game myself.

(If you want to see a really unplayable game play the original Chain of Memories omg that game was really bad)

In my opinion, it's pretty unplayable because I find gameplay unenjoyable. Chain of Memories has a really good story but the gameplay is sometimes frustrating. Every time you grew a new level you have a make a choice to either increase your HP, increase your Cards, or gain a new move. Not to mention you have to reload every time you run out of cards and that easily get you killed during a boss battle in Proud or Critical mode. I never get used to the card system because the card system is very annoying and it doesn't get better, in my opinion. Which is why Chain of Memories gameplay is my least favorite one in the series. Thank God Nomura got rid of the card system in the later games. I do plan on replaying the Kingdom Hearts games before Kingdom Hearts 3 but I'm going to just watch Chain of Memories on YouTube before going into 358/2 Days.

I wouldn't say unplayable,I had SOME fun with it's gameplay,but I don't like it,it get reeeeally boring after a while

Edited by Isaix

In my opinion, it's pretty unplayable because I find gameplay unenjoyable. Chain of Memories has a really good story but the gameplay is sometimes frustrating. Every time you grew a new level you have a make a choice to either increase your HP, increase your Cards, or gain a new move. Not to mention you have to reload every time you run out of cards and that easily get you killed during a boss battle in Proud or Critical mode. I never get used to the card system because the card system is very annoying and it doesn't get better, in my opinion. Which is why Chain of Memories gameplay is my least favorite one in the series. Thank God Nomura got rid of the card system in the later games. I do plan on replaying the Kingdom Hearts games before Kingdom Hearts 3 but I'm going to just watch Chain of Memories on YouTube before going into 358/2 Days.

Only that he didn't, he just evolved it into the Deck System used on Re:Coded, BBS and DDD.

The game is not for everyone thanks to the card system. I enjoyed the game when it came out on the gba and I enjoyed the remake too. Like I said, the combat system is not for everyone. It is not ky favorite combat system, but I enjoyed it when the games came out.

The gameplay was ok but the rooms were so repetitive and boring and it doesn't help that the worlds are the same of KH1, I forced myself to complete the game.

Edited by Terranort9406

But it has no cards. I love the deck system in Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance. But the card system was gone.

The cards where replaced by commands and the normal attack got it's own button, otherwise it's just the same system, doesn't change the fact that it's not gone, it just evolved and got refined.

Honestly, the card system is what saved the game for me (that and getting to beat up Larxene). I can see how people wouldn’t like it because it’s diffrent it’s so different, but it made the game interesting where as otherwise it mostly would have been a retelling of KHI.

The cards where replaced by commands and the normal attack got it's own button, otherwise it's just the same system, doesn't change the fact that it's not gone, it just evolved and got refined.

With that mindset you can also say the command system is the same as the original KH1 and KH2 gameplay. Both have buttons for normal attacks, and the combo/magic attacks just got turned into commands. Doesn't change the fact though that they're completey different, gameplay-wise. Same goes for the card system and the command system. You can't combine any commands in mid-battle to create new ones. You don't have to have a specific number in order for the attack to even get executed, like in Chain of Memories, and the existence of a normal attack button makes that gameplay totally different.

IMO the biggest problems are the repetitive rooms and the constant encounters. Not to mention that the story in the rooms was boring af, in my personal opinion. The best part of CoM was the story with the Organization 13, which unfortunately only got progressed inbetween the rooms.

I disagree. The Command System is not the same as the Card System in CoM, they're completely different. I don't see the gameplay in BBS, Re:Coded, and DDD being as evolved from CoM. But that's fine though. If you think it's evolved than that's fine I respect your opinion.

It’s not unplayable at all to me. It’s just different. Imo it’s easy to get used to the card system... just don’t spam Sleights all the time.

Actually spamming Sleights is honestly the best thing you can do in CoM if you know what you're doing. Just the Jafar Card and some elixirs all the boss fights became cake walks (unless you are fighting Giant Bosses in that case use firaga).

Actually spamming Sleights is honestly the best thing you can do in CoM if you know what you're doing. Just the Jafar Card and some elixirs all the boss fights became cake walks (unless you are fighting Giant Bosses in that case use firaga).

True xD

I forgot that Jafar can be pretty OP.

It's not an opinion, it's actually fact, they did use the Card system as a base, they simplified it and improve it to create the Command deck.

They also used the gameplay of The World Ends With You as inspiration, doesn't mean though that the end product is any similar to its origin. Otherwise the card system wouldn't be the least liked and the command system the most liked (at least that's what I gather from comments etc.) So yeah, being its origin doesn't make it any good to me xD

The card system got changed to the point that it might as well doesn't even exist anymore :P

It's not an opinion, it's actually fact, they did use the Card system as a base, they simplified it and improve it to create the Command deck.

That's fine. I still respect your opinion.

Edited by Movies798

I've only gotten so far as after the first Riku boss, but i agree. the card system doesn't make sense and every time i try to fight certain bosses i either die or waste my time stacking cards and recharging them.

I've only gotten so far as after the first Riku boss, but i agree. the card system doesn't make sense and every time i try to fight certain bosses i either die or waste my time stacking cards and recharging them.

Have you tried using the Jafar card? It's like the Thunder Surges in BBS or the Balloon spells in DDD.