Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Tricia-chan

I'm such a cat person...

... that it's not even funny...

Last night, I was getting ready for. Tiffany, the oldest cat, approached me, so I petted her. I felt something on her fur, which made her meow. It was dark, so I couldn't see it. My worst-case scenario was that it was a splinter. I turn the light on to check it...

The situation was far worse. It's a bite from another animal.

Since we can't go to the vet, we used what we could to treat for infection.

My step-dad pointed out that if she was bitten by a raccoon, she could have rabies.

That's the least of my worries... Just wondering how she'll end up, seeing her wound, hearing her cries, makes me cry...

... that it's not even funny...

Last night, I was getting ready for. Tiffany, the oldest cat, approached me, so I petted her. I felt something on her fur, which made her meow. It was dark, so I couldn't see it. My worst-case scenario was that it was a splinter. I turn the light on to check it...

The situation was far worse. It's a bite from another animal.

Since we can't go to the vet, we used what we could to treat for infection.

My step-dad pointed out that if she was bitten by a raccoon, she could have rabies.

That's the least of my worries... Just wondering how she'll end up, seeing her wound, hearing her cries, makes me cry...

I'm sure she is fine, best take her to a vet though.

Worst case scenario, she has rabies, but I think thats unlikely

Meh, theres nothing interesting down here in San Diego anyways. Spend it on the animal, worst case scenario is that it was a zombie raccoon that gave the cat rabies.

Yeah, just try and get the cat to the vet. It's very unlikely that it contracted rabies, but you never really know, and you can't risk it being transferred to a person.

Yeah definitely get your cat to a vet, maybe even call around and see if there are vets where they take in the animals for free (which there are some but I'm not sure if the area you live in has one). It's not safe to have a pet wandering around and not knowing what it has; you or another family member could possibly come into contact with it. :/

If you can't get to the vet, call the vet. The vet can give you some advice. When my bird was pregnant I didn't know what I should because I had to take one of the baby birds away and hand feed it because something was wrong with it's beak and it wasn't getting enough nutrition and the vet told me what to do.

Great, now I really need her to be checked by a vet. I think I saw the perpetrator today, which is a random cat. I have a pretty good idea what he did to her because her rear is bleeding.

WHA?!?! On second thought I think you really need to find some way to get her to the vet. Especially if the perpatrator cat is an outside cat. I hope everything works out for you and if you need to talk about this, you can IM or PM me anytime and I'll be happy to listen and I'll give you my best advice. I am a VERY devoted animal lover and I would not want that happening to any of my animals.