Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ultimosora

Since the Character Portraits Shows The Party Members Model in it...

Looks like it. 0.2 used Aqua's character model, too, and I'm just as sad about it. I loved the illustrations and I would've loved for them to return, it's a small, simple thing but it made the games even more special.

Yah, I'm bummed out about that, too. For the longest of times, well, practically the whole run of the Kingdom Hearts series, we've always had Sora and party member icons be illustrated! Having the change to in-game models for icons instead of illustrations does bum me out, but it isn't something that'll ruin the game for me, ya know?

Edited by The Transcendent Key

I was hoping when I saw the first KH3 trailer that it would be temporary thing, but with 0.2 being released and Aqua having her 3d-model as her portrait I don't think we'll be getting any new 2d-art as portraits in KH3 either. I wish it would be 2d-art though.

I was hoping when I saw the first KH3 trailer that it would be temporary thing, but with 0.2 being released and Aqua having her 3d-model as her portrait I don't think we'll be getting any new 2d-art as portraits in KH3 either. I wish it would be 2d-art though.

I know!!!! The illustrated icons are a staple of the series, and seeing that get changed is a bit of a bummer! Not a game changing kind of bummer, but a bummer nonetheless!

Illustrated icons are probably a thing of the past now. Same goes for the awesome illustratated title screens (damn I will really miss them : ) But on the other hand using those in-game models also has its perks, for once because it looks pretty neat and for two it makes the cureent status of Sora and/or party members look more realistic.

It's a little bit of a bummer, but it won't ruin the game for me. The illustrations were nice and all -- a staple to the series really and I really like Nomura's artstyle, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the in-game model thing works...especially since the "fish faces" are no more.