Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

This video has some strong language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpUPnJSW2fI

'You unlock a Bronze Token if you get ejected from the stage prematurely, you unlock a Silver Token if you get all the Blue Spheres but not all rings, and you unlock a Gold Token if you get all rings and Blue Spheres."

What do you all think?

I think some of the unlockables would be

16-bit Soundtrack

Amy as a playable character

Concept Art

What's funny is they already had a cartoon with a style similar to that, it was one of the original Sonic cartoons back in the 90's, used to watch it all the time. They even made a movie with animation that was really close to that too.

What's funny is they already had a cartoon with a style similar to that, it was one of the original Sonic cartoons back in the 90's, used to watch it all the time. They even made a movie with animation that was really close to that too.

Yeah you mean the old 90's Sonic cartoons and the animated movie introducing metal sonic?

More work for Tyson Hesse (who drew and animated this and also drew for the Sonic Comics) if they do decide to do a more 2D animated cartoon. I think he also drew this Sonic design in homage to that Sonic OVA movie and style

If they DO decide to do a new cartoon, boi-o hopefully they choose a DIFFERENT network to air it on considering how Cartoon Network treats most of its shows, blegh

Loved it! Super hyped for Mania- hopefully Tyson Hesse will work more with SEGA in the future~~

Tyson Hesse is also the guy who drew the "Hedgehog the Sonic" video- and some of Sonic Mania's T-shirts!

"Hedgehog the Sonic"? Interesting way of saying Sonic's full title backwards lol. But I was beginning to wonder if you were going to comment or not :P.

I'd seriously love that to happen, Sonic Boom's humor is on point and everything, but it'd be really refreshing to have something not just decently animated again, but SPECTACULARLY animated as a regular series, for Classic Sonic no less. I mean, understandably it would have to be a bit toned down compared to this, because budget and timing and all that, but it would still be pretty cool to see Classic Sonic have a series again...only this time as the "Classic Sonic" we know of today, rather than a sassy Jaleel White portraying an interpretation of what Sonic might be before a centralized mold was ever figured out. Don't get me wrong, I love White's Sonic as much as the next fan, it practically led to how we identify Sonic's personality today, but the way it was executed at the time was still kind of odd in a few spaces, again mostly due to the fact that the show's writers were working with a mostly clean sleight back then.

But now that Classic has an already established identity, it'd be really nice to see something akin to the spirit of Mania, Megadrive, or even Genesis being applied to a new traditionally/digitally animated 2D Classic Sonic series. And while Boom's relevance may have died down by now (due to the failure of Rise of Lyric and the fading attention to Shattered Crystal and Fire & Ice), a series based off Classic would still have relevance even after Mania's hype has died down, since the Classic series still holds a strong place in many fans' hearts already. Though maybe I'm just speaking from hype fumes right now, but I'd still love to see something like this someday, be it for Classic or Modern Sonic (I still want a second attempt at a better Sonic anime series as well).

More work for Tyson Hesse (who drew and animated this and also drew for the Sonic Comics) if they do decide to do a more 2D animated cartoon. I think he also drew this Sonic design in homage to that Sonic OVA movie and style

If they DO decide to do a new cartoon, boi-o hopefully they choose a DIFFERENT network to air it on considering how Cartoon Network treats most of its shows, blegh

It looks more like the Sonic CD animation from Toei Animation.

i totally approve of this lol. the tv shows could work too!

Same here, Sonic. I hope you're ready for our biggest adventure yet.

ALRIGHT EVERYBODY! Sonic Mania is finally going to be released soon on most platforms (the PC version got delayed by a few weeks) so let's all party and celebrate the release of, what will be, an amazing Sonic game! :D

LET'S PARTY!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my favorite 2D Sonic game now,every single levels are fun to play.In every Sonic game there are usually a few levels that I hate like Labyrinth Zone or Metropolis Zone,but here I enjoy them all.When I saw that Oil Ocean was in the game I was like really? Out of all the levels from Sonic 2 you had to pick Oil Ocean?But when I played it it was actually fun to go through especially act 2.